What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

KU in a dogfight in Morgantown.

This is KU's first trip to Morgantown. For those who haven't had the honor of visiting Morgantown, let's just say it's a little rough. WVU is a lethal combination of WV hillbillies combined with guidos from New Jersey who wanted to go to school out of state with their 1.2 GPA. During KU foul shots, they'll be witnessing naked 380lb dudes doing kegstands, people having sex all over the arena, various barnyard animals in the stands, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Kansas wins at West Virginia, 61-56. It wasn't pretty, and KU fans are probably fretting since this is a sub-.500 WVU team they struggled against, but they got the road win and improved to 19-1 (7-0).

Andy Katz on the Buffs:

Don't sleep on Colorado. The Buffaloes' long, arduous climb back to respectability is at hand with Sunday's win over Cal moving them to .500 in the Pac-12. The core of this team was in the NCAA tournament last season and is starting to find its groove.

It includes a picture of Ski, with the caption:
Askia Booker and Colorado can be a dangerous bunch come March.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...eeper-other-monday-musings-college-basketball

Last edited:
really don't want KU to run the table in the Big XII. used to be you could count on Missouri to at least beat KU in Columbia.

Wednesday games we care about:

Vermont (13-7, 6-2) @ Hartford (11-9, 4-3). That would be a nice upset for Hartford.
Oklahoma (13-5, 4-2) @ Baylor (14-5, 5-1). A Baylor win helps burst Okie's bubble and vaults Baylor into a solid Top 50 win for us.
#20 New Mexico (17-3, 4-1) @ Wyoming (15-4, 2-4). Good opportunity at home for the Cowboys to end their slump with a big win.
Boise State (14-5, 2-3) @ CSU (16-4, 3-2). This should be a win for the Rammies.
Fresno State (7-12, 1-5) @ Air Force (12-6, 3-2). Cheer for the Zoomies. They're playing well and could end up being a quality win for us.
Dayton (12-7, 2-3) @ Xavier (11-8, 4-2). Xavier's schizophrenic. Chance for the Flyers to get things going. Tipping point game for them.

Pac-12:
USC (8-13, 3-5) @ UCLA (16-5, 6-2). I'm kind of hoping for USC to inch us closer to the Bruins in the conference standings.
#10 Oregon (18-2, 7-0) @ Stanford (12-8, 3-4). Time for the Ducks to get knocked back to earth.

Wednesday games we care about:

Vermont (13-7, 6-2) @ Hartford (11-9, 4-3). That would be a nice upset for Hartford.
Oklahoma (13-5, 4-2) @ Baylor (14-5, 5-1). A Baylor win helps burst Okie's bubble and vaults Baylor into a solid Top 50 win for us.
#20 New Mexico (17-3, 4-1) @ Wyoming (15-4, 2-4). Good opportunity at home for the Cowboys to end their slump with a big win.
Boise State (14-5, 2-3) @ CSU (16-4, 3-2). This should be a win for the Rammies.
Fresno State (7-12, 1-5) @ Air Force (12-6, 3-2). Cheer for the Zoomies. They're playing well and could end up being a quality win for us.
Dayton (12-7, 2-3) @ Xavier (11-8, 4-2). Xavier's schizophrenic. Chance for the Flyers to get things going. Tipping point game for them.

Pac-12:
USC (8-13, 3-5) @ UCLA (16-5, 6-2). I'm kind of hoping for USC to inch us closer to the Bruins in the conference standings.
#10 Oregon (18-2, 7-0) @ Stanford (12-8, 3-4). Time for the Ducks to get knocked back to earth.

It would be nice to see Oregon come back to earth, but the fact of the matter is we aren't catching the Ducks. Standings wise, it would be better for Oregon to beat Stanford to help ensure that CU finishes ahead of Stanford. Wouldn't surprise me to see Stanford win though. Oregon is due for a loss, and Stanford is capable of playing good basketball at Maples Pavilion.

USC is only a game behind us in the standings, but we've overtaken them and there's no way they're going to be a serious threat to us in the standings by the time we're wrapping up the Pac-12 season. If UCLA slips up against someone ridiculous (it's entirely possible), then suddenly they're at 3 losses and the Buffs are within range of competing to overtake them. It's a long shot, but it's possible in a weird Pac-12.

Baylor has got to beat Oklahoma at home. They're in good shape RPI wise, but nothing is set in stone for them yet. Baylor has a very good chance to finish 2nd in the Big XII, and that would look great for us. They should beat the Sooners in Waco.

Wyoming is slumping big time. They definitely knocked themselves off the bubble for the time being with that loss to Air Force in Laramie last weekend. They need quality wins to make up for it. New Mexico has been vulnerable at times (when they lose, they get their ass kicked. only scored 34 in their last game). This is make or break time for Wyoming: 2-4 in the MWC with New Mexico and Colorado State their next two opponents. Lose both of those and they're toast. Win one, and they add another quality win and give themselves a shot.

I'm a little disappointed with Dayton. I didn't see them as an NCAA Tournament team, but I thought they'd be a little better than the 12-7 (2-3) "meh" they've been thus far. We're not getting the help from Dayton or Murray State that I had hoped for...it would be devastating to have both of them finish outside of the RPI top 100. We need them to start playing better ASAP. A Dayton win over Xavier is exactly the type we need.

Nice to see Air Force performing well. They've got a ton of experience, and this is turning out to be a solid season for them. Obviously Fresno State is total garbage, so we definitely want AFA to win and continue to exceed expectations in that brutal MWC.

Last edited:
I want Oregon and Arizona to win all of their games until we play them. Build them up only to make our victories that much more impressive.

I want Oregon and Arizona to win all of their games until we play them. Build them up only to make our victories that much more impressive.

My thoughts exactly. Those two home games (I don't anticipate a win on Oregon's ugly floor) are golden opportunities....

I want Oregon to lose because we have 2 games left against them. They lose tonight and we only need for them to lose 1 more time in order to control our own destiny for passing them in the standings when we play them at home at the end of the year.

I want Oregon to lose because we have 2 games left against them. They lose tonight and we only need for them to lose 1 more time in order to control our own destiny for passing them in the standings when we play them at home at the end of the year.

Compromise - let's hope they lose AFTER we beat them next Thursday. Just imagine how nice a win over a top 10 team on the road would feel.

Goose, I think you mean how would it feel again! We already beat a top 10 team on the road, and I think we matchup better with Oregon than Arizona...

I really don't think Oregon is anywhere close to a top 10 team, but they have benefited from a record number of teams ahead of them losing these last two weeks to move ahead in the standings. What a strange year!

I think they are top 20-25 good though. I hope they keep winning till we play them because they will start to get overconfident (we all know what happened to the Buffs after we got ranked), and I doubt they go undefeated in Pac 12 play because they have barely won most of their games so far and don't have Artis running the point for a few weeks.

We need to take care of business at Utah first

WE cannot look past Utah. They have shown they can play with anyone this year. They also show that they can lose ugly too. If we are looking ahead to the ducks, we will get caught big time.

we won ugly at Utah last year and this does have some 'trap game' feel to it. but with 3 road games in a row at .500 in conference hard to be looking past anyone. winning 2/3 would works for me with the Zona home games coming up (and the Utah return game)....no question.

Oklahoma up 38-26 on Baylor in Waco at the half, sigh.

Hartford putting up a good fight against Vermont, down 22-21 at half.

****ing Baylor.

Not a good start to the night. Can't lose to Oklahoma at home. Ugh. The Charleston Classic wins just aren't giving us the boost we need. Baylor is still in decent shape at 14-6 (5-2) tied for 2nd in the Big XII, but things are definitely a little dicey for them after this loss.

If we win all remaining home games and lose all remaining road games, going into the PAC 12 tournament, we will be 19-11 with wins over two top 10 teams. Assuming we win two in the tourney, we will then have 21 wins. Would that put us in the Show? I could also see us winning a couple on the road and losing a couple at home. Its going to be tight.

If we win all remaining home games and lose all remaining road games, going into the PAC 12 tournament, we will be 19-11 with wins over two top 10 teams. Assuming we win two in the tourney, we will then have 21 wins. Would that put us in the Show? I could also see us winning a couple on the road and losing a couple at home. Its going to be tight.

At the very least we should get 1 of the 2 at Oregon State or at Utah. Our high RPI will carry alot of weight, plus I'd like to think the committee will give us alot of credit for the "loss" at Arizona. Then again, the committee probably isn't smart enough to realize that.

Last edited:

Far more likely than your above scenario considering we have Utah, Oregon State and Cal on the road still. 3 very winnable games.

Stanford is a winnable game as well.

Not out of the question that we could win at Stanford. I just view Cal as the more winnable of those two, because Cal is dealing with some serious internal issues and I'm not sure what they're really going to even be playing for at that late point in the season. With Stanford, they may still be fighting for the NIT (or perhaps the NCAA if they were to come on really, really strong)

Dayton falls at Xavier, 66-61. ****. Can't catch any breaks OOC. Flyers drop to 12-8 (2-4). Hate to say it, but unless something drastically changes, the only postseason Dayton will be in is the CBI. We badly need this to be a top 100 win for us

Wyoming falls to New Mexico in Laramie, 63-59. Pokes drop to 15-5 (2-5). Wyo definitely appears to be NIT-bound. Their next game is @ Colorado State, if they won that, they could get back in the discussion. However, if they lose, which they probably will, they'll be 2-6 in the MWC...

Air Force beats Fresno State 62-50 in Colorado Springs. Falcons improve to 13-6 (4-2), Bulldogs drop to 7-13 (1-6). Our win over AFA is turning out to be better than expected, they're right in the thick of it in the MWC. Fresno St, meanwhile, is clearly the worst MWC team. Thank god we took care of business on the road in that one.

Colorado State beats Boise State 77-57 in Fort Collins. Rams improve to 17-4 (4-2)

Last edited:
3 close losses tonight (Baylor, Dayton, Wyoming). Very nearly a great night for our RPI. Kind of "meh" now. Won't hurt us, but didn't help us.

Back