What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

UCLA making their run. Knew it was bound to happen. 61-56 USC, 6 minutes remaining.

Stanford still leading by a decent margin, 27-16 in the first half.

Do we want Stanford to beat Oregon? and cmon USC that would be a huge win for them

Debatable. Highly unlikely that we catch Oregon. But, anything is possible. And, Oregon is ****ing obnoxious. On the flipside, we certainly want to be careful because we don't want Stanford to hang with us and pass us in the standings

gasm said that Tad Boyle was at the CSU game. Not sure if true or just blind
Read an article in the post today bout CSU's Moby arena. They were explaining how much fan support they have with 6500 people in attendance. I figured it was just a real small arena, it holds 8000...

USC holds on and wins at UCLA in OT 75-71!! Huge for CU. We're now within range of catching UCLA, as the Bruins fall to 16-6 (6-3). Trojans improve to 9-13 (4-5). Monstrous break for the Buffs.

I can't believe that USC pulled it back together and won this in OT.

We're now 1 game behind UCLA in the loss column, but they own the tiebreaker. Still -- much better chance of passing them in the standings with this gift from Troy tonight.

Blowout at Maples Pavilion, Stanford now up 54-31. This a huge win for Stanford because it's the resume booster that reignites their [very faint] hopes of making the Big Dance

This is the Oregon we all expected. I would have loved to have grabbed a top 10 road win. and 2 top 10 wins in one week, but 2 top 25 wins in a week is also nice.

helps us doesnt it?

You can make an argument for either. It's still highly unlikely that we catch Oregon, as they'll only fall to 7-1 and have a favorable schedule to finish...and now Stanford pulls even with us in the standings at 4-4. However, if we were to nut up and somehow win at Oregon, then all of a sudden it could become very possible that we could catch them. The Ducks needed to get knocked back to earth, but we don't want Stanford to gain a ton of confidence from this and go on a big winning streak.

You can make an argument for either. It's still highly unlikely that we catch Oregon, as they'll only fall to 7-1 and have a favorable schedule to finish...and now Stanford pulls even with us in the standings at 4-4. However, if we were to nut up and somehow win at Oregon, then all of a sudden it could become very possible that we could catch them. The Ducks needed to get knocked back to earth, but we don't want Stanford to gain a ton of confidence from this and go on a big winning streak.
doesnt it make our blow out win all the more impressive?

doesnt it make our blow out win all the more impressive?

Yeah, you can argue that point too. Although since we play both teams twice, it'll basically all cancel each other out RPI wise. The main thing is getting whatever assistance we can to ensure a CU top 4 finish in the standings so we get the bye for the Pac-12 Tournament

If we finish worst case 5 or 6 we would not get the 1st day bye and play 11 or 12... Right? Stanford on a tear really Won't affect us unless we see them in the second round, but we clearly handled them as they are not the same team from last year...

If we finish worst case 5 or 6 we would not get the 1st day bye and play 11 or 12... Right? Stanford on a tear really Won't affect us unless we see them in the second round, but we clearly handled them as they are not the same team from last year...

We play Stanford on the road again. They've got Oregon State next, but then have to visit Arizona and Arizona State, so they have some difficult games, but we need to make sure we finish ahead of them. UCLA losing and Oregon losing helps our chances of potentially cracking the top 3, but it's still highly unlikely. It's basically a scramble for 4th between CU, Stanford and perhaps Washington. We need to get that 4th spot.

We desperately need to get a first round bye (finish 4th or better) if we want to have any hope of potentially defending our Pac-12 Tournament title. What we did last year as the 6 seed, winning 4 games in 4 days, is extremely rare and almost unprecedented. Finishing 5th or 6th and playing Utah or Oregon State might not sound bad in that it would give an extra win, but it would do absolutely nothing to boost our seeding for the Big Dance, and it would only serve to tire us out.

We play Stanford on the road again. They've got Oregon State next, but then have to visit Arizona and Arizona State, so they have some difficult games, but we need to make sure we finish ahead of them. UCLA losing and Oregon losing helps our chances of potentially cracking the top 3, but it's still highly unlikely. It's basically a scramble for 4th between CU, Stanford and perhaps Washington. We need to get that 4th spot.

We desperately need to get a first round bye (finish 4th or better) if we want to have any hope of potentially defending our Pac-12 Tournament title. What we did last year as the 6 seed, winning 4 games in 4 days, is extremely rare and almost unprecedented. Finishing 5th or 6th and playing Utah or Oregon State might not sound bad in that it would give an extra win, but it would do absolutely nothing to boost our seeding for the Big Dance, and it would only serve to tire us out.

ASU is in the scramble mix too. February should be a fun and competitive month in the PAC.

ASU is in the scramble mix too. February should be a fun and competitive month in the PAC.

Yeah, ASU can be tossed in for now for sure. Think 7 of their final 11 on the road will take its toll though. Washington has a brutal remaining schedule as well, and they're already on the downswing. Point being: 4th is really there for the taking for CU. Gotta get it.

Thursday night games to watch:

Wofford (8-13, 2-6) @ Citadel (4-15, 1-8). This is one Wofford has to get.
#8 Arizona (17-2, 5-2) @ Washington (12-8, 4-3). Zona needs to move us ahead of Washington in the Pac-12 standings.
Oregon State (11-9, 1-6) @ Cal (11-8, 3-4). Not sure that this one matters either way for us in the long run.
Arizona State (16-4, 5-2) @ Washington State (11-9, 2-5). Since we play ASU twice, it's probably better for our RPI if the Sun Devils win.

Thursday night games to watch:

Wofford (8-13, 2-6) @ Citadel (4-15, 1-8). This is one Wofford has to get.
#8 Arizona (17-2, 5-2) @ Washington (12-8, 4-3). Zona needs to move us ahead of Washington in the Pac-12 standings.
Oregon State (11-9, 1-6) @ Cal (11-8, 3-4). Not sure that this one matters either way for us in the long run.
Arizona State (16-4, 5-2) @ Washington State (11-9, 2-5). Since we play ASU twice, it's probably better for our RPI if the Sun Devils win.

You're right that it's probably best for Arizona to win at Washington and put us ahead of the Huskies in the standings. However, if Washington were to win, it would suddenly raise the possibility of miraculously catching Arizona. I know Arizona has this aura of being a top 10 team, but they lose tomorrow and they're 5-3 and just 1 game ahead of us. That could be a good game, you just never know what Washington team is going to show up. Arizona is certainly more vulnerable than many people think, though.

I hear you on Arizona State winning at Washington State being better for our RPI, but personally I'm ready for Arizona State to start dropping some games. Hope Wazzu pulls the upset and drops the Sun Devils back to 3 losses. Need to catch and pass the Sun Devils ASAP.

Suppose an Oregon State upset at Cal would be best for the standings, as it would prevent Cal from pulling even with CU at 4-4. Still, I doubt Cal's long term capability of being a threat to challenge for that coveted 4 seed. There's talent, but the infighting and chemistry issues seem to be spiraling out of control. Cal is far closer to collapsing than they are to putting it together and going on a run.

Wofford should win at The Citdael. The Citadel is really bad. Even Wofford's young squad should get the W based on talent alone.

As cool as it would be to win the conference tournament again, we're not in a situation where we need to win it either

To me, it's more about the race to at least 10 conference wins, and one tournament win. Anything else is gravy

The ending of that Wyoming game last night was maddening. Wyoming was down 2 with 7.4 seconds left and for some reason they decide to go for a full court heave that goes out of bounds instead. Shyatt's done a GREAT job up there, but I have no idea what he was thinking there. 7.4 seconds is more than enough time to inbound & get up the court.

You're right that it's probably best for Arizona to win at Washington and put us ahead of the Huskies in the standings. However, if Washington were to win, it would suddenly raise the possibility of miraculously catching Arizona. I know Arizona has this aura of being a top 10 team, but they lose tomorrow and they're 5-3 and just 1 game ahead of us. That could be a good game, you just never know what Washington team is going to show up. Arizona is certainly more vulnerable than many people think, though.

I hear you on Arizona State winning at Washington State being better for our RPI, but personally I'm ready for Arizona State to start dropping some games. Hope Wazzu pulls the upset and drops the Sun Devils back to 3 losses. Need to catch and pass the Sun Devils ASAP.

Suppose an Oregon State upset at Cal would be best for the standings, as it would prevent Cal from pulling even with CU at 4-4. Still, I doubt Cal's long term capability of being a threat to challenge for that coveted 4 seed. There's talent, but the infighting and chemistry issues seem to be spiraling out of control. Cal is far closer to collapsing than they are to putting it together and going on a run.

My head hurts. :wow:

:smile2:

My head hurts. :wow:

:smile2:

Simplified version:

We need to get the 4 seed.

Highly unlikely to catch Oregon, Arizona or UCLA (top 3). However, UCLA having 3 losses raises the possibility of something crazy happening.

Must finish ahead of Arizona State, Washington, Stanford. Difficult remaining schedules for ASU and Washington will give us a boost.

Pac-12 is ****ing crazy.

Back