What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Simplified version:

We need to get the 4 seed.

Highly unlikely to catch Oregon, Arizona or UCLA (top 3). However, UCLA having 3 losses raises the possibility of something crazy happening.

Must finish ahead of Arizona State, Washington, Stanford. Difficult remaining schedules for ASU and Washington will give us a boost.

Pac-12 is ****ing crazy.

Highly unlikely to catch Oregon, Arizona or UCLA (top 3). However, UCLA having 3 losses raises the possibility of something crazy happening.

Must finish ahead of Arizona State, Washington, Stanford. Difficult remaining schedules for ASU and Washington will give us a boost.

CVille ... re the portion of your post quoted above ... I'm trying to figure out who I should be pulling for down the stretch of the UA @ UDub game ... and I don't see how catching UA is unlikely. If they lose to the Dawgs tonite and we beat them at the Keg on 2/14, we're tied.

And then we take care of business down the stretch (including the three game road trip, where it is more than possible we take 2 out of three and then take 5 out of our last 7, of which 5 are at home) ... that gives us an 11-7 record. And given that UA doesn't have an easy remaining schedule (including @ UCLA, @ a resurgent USC, and against an ASU team that's the surprise of the conference) ... we can at least finish tied with them.

So ... who should we be rooting for in this tight game? :huh:

CVille ... re the portion of your post quoted above ... I'm trying to figure out who I should be pulling for down the stretch of the UA @ UDub game ... and I don't see how catching UA is unlikely. If they lose to the Dawgs tonite and we beat them at the Keg on 2/14, we're tied.

And then we take care of business down the stretch (including the three game road trip, where it is more than possible we take 2 out of three and then take 5 out of our last 7, of which 5 are at home) ... that gives us an 11-7 record. And given that UA doesn't have an easy remaining schedule (including @ UCLA, @ a resurgent USC, and against an ASU team that's the surprise of the conference) ... we can at least finish tied with them.

So ... who should we be rooting for in this tight game? :huh:

It's best that Arizona won. Catching Arizona was a complete long shot. Better to ensure we pull even with Washington tonight (we're both 4-4 now that they lost tonight) and pull ahead of them in coming games.

Last edited:
Looks like our suspicions of Cal being on the edge of collapse due to infighting might prove true. Bears down 52-40 to the Beavs in Berkeley. Still 15 minutes remaining, plenty of time to make a run, but they suck.

Cal should win this. Beavs can't handle success, don't play well with a lead, and they get out-coached in key situations.

Oregon State's talent is much better than its record. I hope Craig Robinson gets a bunch more years there.

Cal should win this. Beavs can't handle success, don't play well with a lead, and they get out-coached in key situations.

Oregon State's talent is much better than its record. I hope Craig Robinson gets a bunch more years there.

Oregon State under Robinson is better at "Cougin it" than Wazzu themselves. That really says something.

They are inexcusably worse than they should be every year.

Cal comes back to defeat Oregon State 71-68 in Berkeley. Cal improves to 12-8 (4-4), Oregon State drops to 11-10 (1-7). Cal is now even with us in the Pac-12 standings, but their next 3 are Oregon, @ Arizona, @ Arizona State. Good chance they lose all 3 of those. I doubt Cal poses too much of a threat to us down the stretch in the standings, I think we can open up a comfortable few game margin on them.

Have to wonder whether Oregon State tolerates a basement finish by Robinson. I mean, they're never going to be much in basketball, but given the talent he has brought into Corvallis, they should expect to win more games. He's just not a good coach, not sure how else to say it.

Close one in Pullman. ASU leads 58-51 with 4 minutes left. Devils have been leading by a few points for most of the second half

Arizona State gets the win over Washington State in Pullman, 63-59. Sun Devils improve to 17-4 (6-2), Cougs fall to 11-10 (2-6).

Enough is enough. We need Arizona State to start losing some games.

Looks like Arizona State will certainly be our main challenger for 4th (I know right now UCLA is 4th). Let's take a look at ASU:

17-4 (6-2) Current RPI: 58

Remaining games: @Washington, Cal, Stanford, @Utah, @Colorado, Washington State, Washington, @UCLA, @USC, @Arizona.

The bad news: Arizona State's win tonight puts them in good shape. If they take care of business at home and win their two easiest remaining road games (@Utah, @USC) then they will be 12-6. That's not good for us, because 12-6 is basically the best we can hope for our Buffs baring an absolutely unbelievably strong finish, and even that will be difficult to reach thanks to the 1-4 start.

The good news: The above scenario is not a given for the Sun Devils. 6 remaining road games for them = tricky. While we aren't going to finish better than 12-6, it's unlikely ASU would either IMO. It's very possible they finish 11-7, although 10-8 would involve quite some stumbling. Additionally, their home wins over Utah and USC were both in OT. Thus, their away games against those two teams are potential landmines for them. There's also the possibility of Stanford or Washington getting a win in Tempe -- is that lifeless, half empty arena really such a fortress that they're going to go 8-1 in conference play this year at home?

We need Arizona State to lose at Washington this weekend. ASU moving to 7-2 with a road sweep and returning home for 2 is a scary proposition, especially as we're hitting a 3 game road stretch.

The media picked ASU to finish 11th. Nice work guys. Then again, these are largely the same clowns who picked Wazzu to finish dead last a few years back, only to have them finish 2nd, win 26 games, and make the Sweet 16. Or, you know, last year when they picked CU to be tied for 10th. I doubt Herb Sendek could have even seen ASU sitting at 6-2 at this point, though.

Last edited:
Saturday's games involving CU opponents:

Oregon ​18-3 (7-1) at Cal 12-8 (4-4). We'll see how Oregon recovers from getting beat down at Stanford against a Cal team that had to fight back to beat Oregon State.

Arizona State
17-4 (6-2) at Washington 12-9 (4-4). If Arizona State wins this, look out, they're going to be extremely hard to catch (and they already kind of are).

Arizona 18-2 (6-2) at Washington State 11-10 (2-6). Presumably Arizona will win with relative ease, but they've been known to make things difficult...

Colorado State 17-4 (4-2) hosts Wyoming 15-5 (2-5). Wyoming is desperate for a quality win after losing 3 straight to bury them in the MWC and knock them off the bubble. You never know what may happen in a rivalry game, but it's a tall order for Wyo to win on the road against a CSU team that is playing pretty good ball.

Murray State 15-5 (6-2) hosts Austin Peay 5-17 (1-7). Murray State is in charge of their division in the OVC, but in order for them to make the Big Dance, they'll have to get by Belmont who is 9-0 in the OVC. Murray State's RPI is 98th...need them to stay in the top 100.

Dayton 12-8 (2-4) at Saint Louis 15-5 (4-2). Dayton needs a big win to get their season back on track, but this is a tall order, as Saint Louis is in the thick of the bubble and just beat the crap out of Butler in their last game. Dayton's RPI is 113th, would be great to get them back in the top 100.

Air Force 13-6 (4-2) hosts San Diego State 16-4 (4-2). Let's take a moment and give AFA a round of applause -- this is turning out to be a sneaky solid win for us. Falcons are in a logjam, tied for 2nd in the MWC. Their RPI is 71st and rising. It's not out of the question that they could beat SDSU since the game is in the Springs, that would be huge for us.

Baylor 14-6 (5-2) at Iowa State 14-6 (5-3). HUGE game for both teams. Baylor was in decent shape, but losing at home to Oklahoma in their last game has raised questions again. Now they have to face an Iowa State team fighting for their NCAA Tournament lives on the road in a raucous Hilton Coliseum.

Hartford
11-10 (4-4) hosts Boston U 11-10 (5-3). Hartford has been on a slide losing 4/5. Need them to get a win.

Wofford
8-14 (2-7) hosts Davidson 14-7 (9-1). The wheels have totally come off Wofford since their big win at Xavier 5 weeks ago. I'll just be honest about this one: It'll be a moral victory if Wofford keeps it under 20.

Northern Arizona 7-13 (4-6) at Southern Utah 8-12 (6-5). Winnable game for NAU. Every win they get is gravy.

Last edited:
Good work CVille. St Louis beat the crap out of Butler, not Baylor. :thumbsup:

Murray State survived against Austin Peay. Managed to get it into OT and then took over.

I hate rivalry games when I need the favorite to win. Too stressful. :lol:

In other news:

Dayton is getting destroyed at Saint Louis (31-53 with 12:50 left).

Air Force up by 7 on SDSU midway through the 1st half.

NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! :woot:

i think Okie State just punched their ticket to the NCAA and saved Travis Ford's job. a win at AFH over a poke alum the pokes have dreamed about stealing back as a coach...is pretty much all the sports poetry the Oklahoma aggies could ever want.

barring some weird fold job on OSU's part, that's one bubble team off the map. and while we may need to win 11 games to make the NCAA, Big XII is pretty much assured of a ticket with being plus .500.

we need road conference wins...and we were down 22 in a game where we scored 55. that's bad basketball.

Stanford holds on to beat the Beavs in Palo Alto.

81-73 final.

Typical Robinson coaching job. OSU had a couple point lead with about 4 minutes left and Stanford dominated them the rest of the way.

Monday it looks like all we've got on the slate is N Arizona @ Sacramento State. Probably a loss for NAU, but they've got a shot in this one.

Wow. We got a surprise RPI boost tonight. NAU came back from down 10 at half to get a 1-point win on the road. They're now 8-14.

Tuesday doesn't have any RPI games on the schedule.

Back