What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Arizona - 10/19 @ 2pm MT on FOX

12 and jimmy back is huge news. this is a winnable road game and the weather doesn't look to be the typical **** in az.

2 is already a top 3 CU qb of all time. he is playing great in front of an inconsistent line. quibbling about his audibles and holding the ball is silly. we would be FOOOKED without him.

SS had a ****ty game but he will get back into the groove. I like the way the dude behind him is playing but SS is on the field for a reason, other than being the coach's kid. he will play in the league.

the whole sanders family narrative that is out there is just stupid. at least next year we won't have to hear these hot takes.

I will feel a lot better about a bowl game if the Buffs can get it done in Arizona.

also, ask yourselves this question: when you were envisioning a rebuild after kd, what did you envision? the program was burnt to the ground and devoid of enough talent and support. did you expect to have so much fun in year 1 of the rebuild? how about year 2? I thought BEST CASE we would be hoping for bowl eligible in year 3 before CP. did you expect to be landing 5 stars? and sell outs? and record donations? and the best tv ratings in the west? did you expect to have a guy in the heisman race? how about several first round NFL picks?

enjoy the ride. this is so special and we are blessed. the next chapters are not yet written but after what we have been through, taking these petty shots at little things seems unbecoming at best/

Yards and completions are empty calories when you take a fat Montez in critical moments

When you make all the money, talk all the talk, and have all the personal coaching in the world…. Gotta stop making the same preventable mistakes and take ownership

How so? By saying “we have to coach better”? Most HCs absolutely do not make a public spectacle of ridiculing their staff and there’s good reason why it rarely happens.
Saying your assistants need to do better publicly isn't 'ridicule' or a 'spectacle'. There are MANY ways to do it without it beign demeaning. Good coaches (eg. Parcells, Saban, Belichick) aren't afraid to criticize their staff or themselves because they know they aren't fragile snowflakes.

Saying your assistants need to do better publicly isn't 'ridicule' or a 'spectacle'. There are MANY ways to do it without it beign demeaning. Good coaches (eg. Parcells, Saban, Belichick) aren't afraid to criticize their staff or themselves because they know they aren't fragile snowflakes.
this.

the pundits knob-slobber the traditional "old school" coaches when they light up a player or assistant.

CP does it and he's mean and demeaning?

You aren't seriously suggesting that Shedeur crumbles in big moments are you?
I’m sure I’m forgetting some, but it seems like the final drive on Saturday night was about the first time that Shedeur didn’t lead a scoring drive when you absolutely had to have it. Dude has absolutely been clutch and I would have a hard time listening to any arguments to the contrary.

Shedeur was, like, ****ing 34 of 40 for nearly 400 yards. It was an unbelievable performance.

Did holding the ball too long cost us? Yes. Were we unbalanced on offense? Yes. Did the other team know that we were going to pass every play? Yes.

But Shedeur was, like, ****ing 34 of 40 for nearly 400 yards. It was an unbelievable performance.

CU goes from the outhouse to penthouse of QBs and fans are unhappy. It's insane behavior.

Being mad at Shedeur for not being perfect on the plays we ran is dumb. Even that pick is just **** that happens sometimes when you throw the ball 40 times a game.

Being mad at Shedeur and Shurmur for abandoning the run? That's more reasonable.

Who won the game?

I don't give a **** in Tom Brady, John Elway, and Joe Montana are splitting reps behind center - especially if they are all checking out of run plays so they can throw the ball more.

It's like saying: "Sure, he cut the hole in the bottom of the boat, but we've NEVER had anyone that could bail water like this before - Why isn't everyone happy about it????"

WIN

That is what matters.

Not passing yards
Not completion %

Winning is what matters.

Stop sabotaging the gameplan so that you HAVE to make a miracle comeback at the end in every focking game.

RUN THE BALL

Yards and completions are empty calories when you take a fat Montez in critical moments

When you make all the money, talk all the talk, and have all the personal coaching in the world…. Gotta stop making the same preventable mistakes and take ownership
Strange how the analytics don't back your statement

Who won the game?

I don't give a **** in Tom Brady, John Elway, and Joe Montana are splitting reps behind center - especially if they are all checking out of run plays so they can throw the ball more.

It's like saying: "Sure, he cut the hole in the bottom of the boat, but we've NEVER had anyone that could bail water like this before - Why isn't everyone happy about it????"

WIN

That is what matters.

Not passing yards
Not completion %

Winning is what matters.

Stop sabotaging the gameplan so that you HAVE to make a miracle comeback at the end in every focking game.

RUN THE BALL
Y'all really love to ignore the analytics and refuse to admit KSU is a damn good team.

CU didn't lose because they didn't run the ball 30 times.

Y'all really love to ignore the analytics and refuse to admit KSU is a damn good team.

CU didn't lose because they didn't run the ball 30 times.

The score is the only analytic that matters.

Tbf, Zandi will ignore anything if it gives him the opportunity to be nasty

I read the entire game thread. Yet somehow, you select my posts as "nasty". Guess I'm living rent free.

That's Ms. Zandi to you.

Ahh, yes 3rd grade name calling. Good job, Aunt Kenzie.

Missed you the the last couple weeks before the KState game. Weird.
I ain't hard to find - I'm on here nearly every day.

I was told no one wanted me in the game threads, even though I was pointing out the exact same **** that everyone in the K-ST thread bitched about constantly during the game, so I have opted out of them on game days.

Maybe you should go back and check the bye week game thread, oh wait.

I ain't hard to find - I'm on here nearly every day.

I was told no one wanted me in the game threads, even though I was pointing out the exact same **** that everyone in the K-ST thread bitched about constantly during the game, so I have opted out of them on game days.

Maybe you should go back and check the bye week game thread, oh wait.
Yet here you are.

By definition, the score is not an analytic. You should have just said that you think that analytics don't matter.

Not sure why, but I felt like being a dick and pointing that out.

I'm sorry if you didn't catch the sarcasm, I'll use the correct font next time.

Analytics mean diddly squat when you're 5-7 wondering why you just can't figure out how to win.

****ing
Run
The
Ball

I'm not gonna say that we played well on Saturday or that I even agreed with the game plan or coaching decisions.

But, damn, we only lost by 3 points to a top 20 team and we may not have another ranked opponent on the schedule. Lots of reasons to feel good right now.

FWIW, I had a bad feeling going into that game. Better team than the Nebraska squad that kicked our butts a month ago. I feel good about the Zona matchup.

If i was you id work on not being a miserable **** head but that will never happen
It warms my heart to know you care. Well, no actually it doesn't.

I'm not the one that spends this much time attacking another member on this board.

I'm not the one that feels the need to make everything personal.

Again, re-read the game thread. ****, read the 1st half of the UCF game thread. Or most of the Baylor thread. Everyone hating on just about everything we did. But somehow I'm the bad guy. Blow me, I'll say what ever the **** I want to. If it hurts your poor little feelers so much, there is an ignore button.

It warms my heart to know you care. Well, no actually it doesn't.

I'm not the one that spends this much time attacking another member on this board.

I'm not the one that feels the need to make everything personal.

Again, re-read the game thread. ****, read the 1st half of the UCF game thread. Or most of the Baylor thread. Everyone hating on just about everything we did. But somehow I'm the bad guy. Blow me, I'll say what ever the **** I want to. If it hurts your poor little feelers so much, there is an ignore button.
Enjoy your misery, clown

I'm not gonna say that we played well on Saturday or that I even agreed with the game plan or coaching decisions.

But, damn, we only lost by 3 points to a top 20 team and we may not have another ranked opponent on the schedule. Lots of reasons to feel good right now.

FWIW, I had a bad feeling going into that game. Better team than the Nebraska squad that kicked our butts a month ago. I feel good about the Zona matchup.
Arizona plays a style that we are not scare of. We have better QB, better skill players in both offense and defense. I would even say our DLine is better.

In short, we are a better team than Arizona. We should expect to win this game. If we lose, it's most likely due to coaching failure.

Back