What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

You're right - Baylor is an excellent school both academically and athletically. I would love for CU to be as committed to being successful across the board as Baylor is, but it's irrelevant on the board. Many on this board despises Baylor purely for political reasons.
Sounds like something a groomer would say. Or a rapist. Or a murderer. Baylor will help you cover it up, though, don't worry.

Interesting how this thread has devolved. It reinforces the theory that CU deserves a poor outcome, simply because the fan base is mostly sh!t.
I’m not sure I agree here but one thing that seems apparent is that our fan base doesn’t have enough rich people to adequately fund NIL.

I wonder what happened to the boosters who were paying guys in the 90’s? @manhattanbuff ?

Define “thugs” (and “renegades” just for good measure)
Well, my freshman year, we pulled up to a Taco Bell (believe on baseline) and it was surrounded by cops. About 4 CU players (starters among them) were being arrested for brandishing weapons…in a Taco Bell.

R1, AAU. K.
Putting them in that list after mentioning academics:
Wolf Of Wall Street Laugh GIF
???

All of those schools are, to my knowledge, both R1 and AAU accredited schools.

They also are P5 football programs.

I put them in tiers as to how I would view them if I were the B1G. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, since you aren't being clear in your writing.

I'm not excited about it at all either, but when there's apparently $50 mill a year waiting in the B12 vs like $30 in the P12, I guess get us some tickets to mid America
Where is this $50MM/year figure coming from? I’ve not seen that.

Well, my freshman year, we pulled up to a Taco Bell (believe on baseline) and it was surrounded by cops. About 4 CU players (starters among them) were being arrested forMy brandishing weapons…in a Taco Bell.
My Senior year in HS I went to Boulder on a Saturday morning and 28th was a parking lot because McDonalds was surrounded by cops. About 1000 hippies were protesting against meat industry in the street in front of McDonalds.

Doesn't really have anything to do with your story, or the thread in general, but seemed important to share. :ROFLMAO:

My Senior year in HS I went to Boulder on a Saturday morning and 28th was a parking lot because McDonalds was surrounded by cops. About 1000 hippies were protesting against meat industry in the street in front of McDonalds.

Doesn't really have anything to do with your story, or the thread in general, but seemed important to share. :ROFLMAO:
Related: There was a huge protest march in Boulder in 1990 over the first Gulf War. Marching through the streets, shutting down intersections, the works.

When the main march was heading down Arapahoe by the Crossroads Mall, an offshoot group decided that was as good a time as any to protest the Hooters that was located there. So, two protests in one. The progressive movement had a little trouble with their message focus back in the day.

Sort of like this thread. :D

Related: There was a huge protest march in Boulder in 1990 over the first Gulf War. Marching through the streets, shutting down intersections, the works.

When the main march was heading down Arapahoe by the Crossroads Mall, an offshoot group decided that was as good a time as any to protest the Hooters that was located there. So, two protests in one. The progressive movement had a little trouble with their message focus back in the day.

Sort of like this thread. :D

Boulder and CU are, generally, unserious places. Interesting when you're 19, boring and predicable when you're 30.

They were told to kick rocks.
Not too far off. Back in the day, players were paid by employers to 'work' during the summers. When I was working at the Martin Marietta Cement plant near Lyons in the early '70's, the owner 'hired' many of the football players to 'kick rocks' into cement. But they were just sleeping in different hiding places.

wine and cheese jokes aside, culture fit does matter or should. everyone not already in the big or sec is looking for a life boat and i get that, but i really wouldn't be very happy if CU miraculously ended up in the sec. it would suck. the thought of running back to the left behind dregs of the big 12 is also puke inducing. i like my road trips to Seattle, eugene, and the others. there really is no comparison to ****ing stool water, lames, whacko, little manhattan, etc. we are going to do whatever we are going to do, but not tailgating amidst a bunch of mouth breathing knuckle dragging science denying racists ****s is ok by me.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Back