What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

BTW - this thread made me realize - Allbuffs After Dark could be a huge revenue stream for the Junta.
too busy snorting lines off a hooker's ass. you will have to self moderate.

BE SOMEBODY BABY! oh. yeah.

If they get 42 and we get 29 I’m going to lose my ****. That’s a lot of money
It's going to be pretty damn close to that for them. There will be a spread of $10M between them and us. Sucks, and some don't want to admit it. We should be on the phone hourly with AZ making the move first. But knowing how we've been run the past 15 yrs, I doubt we have the balls anymore to make the smart football move like that.

It's going to be pretty damn close to that for them. There will be a spread of $10M between them and us. Sucks, and some don't want to admit it. We should be on the phone hourly with AZ making the move first. But knowing how we've been run the past 15 yrs, I doubt we have the balls anymore to make the smart football move like that.
CU would rather lose $10 million a season and claim cultural fit.

I'm confused, I was told a research firm that gets paid millions to do this stuff said the Big 12 would be getting $52m+ per school in 2025 and escalating each year after.

Hint: They aren't getting that, and anything coming out of the Big 12's mouth about their expected payouts right now, when there is a massive game of brinkmanship going on and their media deal is 3 years away from being up, is complete nonsense. Especially when it comes from the AD of a program that has no other options than the Big 12.

I'm confused, I was told a research firm that gets paid millions to do this stuff said the Big 12 would be getting $52m+ per school in 2025 and escalating each year after.
You really are confused. Navigate predicted the Big XII at only $44m in 2025 - right around where they are now or a bit higher, like the Baylor AD speculated - and then potentially making closer to 52 in 2026 dependent on a new 12 team playoff being created, which would give the Big XII a $8m boost and would have given the Pac 12 (with USC and UCLA) a $15m boost.

Apparently we are supposed to believe all the absurd projections for the B12 while ignoring the absurd projections for the P12.

Honestly, the thread is perfectly titled right now. Everybody talking out they ass. Nobody knows ****, yet everybody feels like they’re some kind of expert.

You really are confused. Navigate predicted the Big XII at only $44m in 2025 - right around where they are now or a bit higher, like the Baylor AD speculated - and then potentially making closer to 52 in 2026 dependent on a new 12 team playoff being created, which would give the Big XII a $8m boost and would have given the Pac 12 (with USC and UCLA) a $15m boost.
Oops. I still maintain that I will believe those numbers when I see it

Oops. I still maintain that I will believe those numbers when I see it
Sure. Neither you nor I actually have a clue. All else equal, my only point is I have more reasons to trust a research firm getting paid than, for example, Mandel with an agenda and ****ty math.

*add on: Hopefully with the exclusive window ending August 4 there will be some other bidders on the PAC and we might get more clarity as to what's actually possible.

Back