What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Ok...posting from San Juan PR at a Walgreens. What's happened since Saturday. Been off internet since then.
I’ve been in that Walgreens. Check out the impressive souvenir selection. Lots of handy Knick knacks to bring home for friends and family.

Sure. Neither you nor I actually have a clue. All else equal, my only point is I have more reasons to trust a research firm getting paid than, for example, Mandel with an agenda and ****ty math.

*add on: Hopefully with the exclusive window ending August 4 there will be some other bidders on the PAC and we might get more clarity as to what's actually possible.
I get that canzano and wilner have a clear agenda but why do you think mandel has an agenda? I agree that he’s lying with statistics (most people do) but I don’t think he has a dog in this fight

Apparently we are supposed to believe all the absurd projections for the B12 while ignoring the absurd projections for the P12.

Honestly, the thread is perfectly titled right now. Everybody talking out they ass. Nobody knows ****, yet everybody feels like they’re some kind of expert.
Yes. Including you. You've spent the better part of the last month parroting wilners tweets.

okay then lock down CU, ASU, Utah and Notre Dame to have the number 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 30 biggest TV markets in the country compared to the SEC (5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 23, 29, 31).

I can dream atleast.

I get that canzano and wilner have a clear agenda but why do you think mandel has an agenda? I agree that he’s lying with statistics (most people do) but I don’t think he has a dog in this fight
I read most of what he writes and listen to his podcast. He's just got some weird hardcore homerism for the PAC. Maybe partially because he lives in (I think) LA. I don't know the reason, it's just the way he has consistently come across the past several years. Weird little things like jumping on someone who made a harmless jab on Twitter about UCLA's embarrassing attendance by saying the beach is nearby along with a couple excuses, and stuff like that.

So Kevin Warren went at least a year or more without any leaks as it pertains to USC and UCLA, and all of the sudden he's become the Iraqi Navy with Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, FSU and Miami all of the sudden being considered? It all feels like a clear attempt at continued destabilization of the Pac 12 by Fox.

If they wanted those other 4 programs, why wouldn't they just take them when they took SC and UCLA?

B1G commish Kevin Warren went to school at ASU I believe. I could be wrong though. Also think his dad played football there.

B10 basically just screwed any hope of effective media negotiations for Kliavkoff, those schools aren't signing anything if they think the B10 chance is potentially happening. If the B10 locks up that many markets George really should be reaching out to the SEC, there wouldn't really be any other Top 20 metros in play beyond us and Phoenix.

Makes total sense to me. Locks up the whole west coast for the Big10
The way I see it, they will get both sets (OR/WA and Cal/Stan) for a discount- if even one of the two pairs agrees to go to the B1G, then the Pac is officially over.

If you're in the pair says "no" and the other says "yes", then what are your options?

If I were CU, I'd partner with ASU right now and go to the B1G and say, look- you can have both of us for the same dilution to your rights as taking Cal/Stanford, but with a CU/ASU combination:
  • You'll be getting access to two markets that combined are bigger than the Bay Area market and growing faster (in fact, the only one markets that are bigger than Denver/Phoenix combined are Chicago, LA, and NY).
  • Cal isn't necessarily viable as a long-term football interest given their debt and the risk they run with the fault line right under their stadium.
  • Stanford has a more national brand than either CU or ASU, yes, but both CU and ASU have a larger presence locally as demonstrated by both having average higher attendance than either Cal or Stanford.
  • California, as a state, is a more fertile recruiting ground than AZ/CO combined, BUT they've already locked up SoCal and SoCal produces about 80% of the bluechips that come from CA. A comparison of CO/AZ to NorCal is much more favorable.
Note: The above is not necessarily the BEST argument, but UO/UW/Cal/Stanford going to the B1G is one of the worst I can imagine for CU.

it would be a fitting and horrible end for us if the big takes cal, stanford, uo, and uw and leaves us behind.

then, i would expect the b12 to **** on us just for sport because we weren't contrite and forward enough with them before the ****ing occurred.

abject despair. doomsday scenario.

even if you squint your eyes and think the sec makes a play to the west, the carnage that we would suffer in that conference would be unholy. but, i guess that would be a "good" problem for us to have... which means it won't happen.

Back