What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

the big 12 and its various inbred pundits are actually interfering at this point with the Pac's media negotiations and underlying contract.

cal ahead of us for anything sports related is a cosmic joke.

the west vagina twit knows about much as the insiders in the pac 12 as i know about child miners with black lung and lead poisoning in his home town.

if a bunch of pac teams end up in the big and we end up with the mouth breathers, i am not going to handle it super well.

and ****ing baylor ... when we sue the b12 for tortious interference, the discovery is quite literally going to turn up where these ****ers hid the bodies.

everyone that isn't us can eat **** and die in a fire.
👆👆

This is quality hate right here

I want us to stay in the P12 for two reasons:

1.) I just cut the cable cord and if we did Apple TV+ that would make my life easier.
2.) Boomer tears are ****ing delicious. I want us to ignore the B12 and everything associated with it. Then I want us to change ALL of our jerseys so there is zero tradition associated with them. Instead of the gigantic block “COLORADO” I want players names on the front. ALL. THE. BOOMER. TEARS.
i was with you all the way up to your "cosmetic" changes to the uniforms. and, for that single sin, you must be made to pay. casa bonita is in your future.
Art Design Disney GIF

I actually think FS1 does a poor job with truck racing. They haven't figured out side by side commercials, they deploy few in-cab cameras, their expert analysis is amateur at best, rarely have miked-up drivers and, worst of all, they have limited camera crews on pit row.

Surprised anyone likes them for racing. Unless you're killing time waiting for a CU game to start, of course.

I actually think FS1 does a poor job with truck racing. They haven't figured out side by side commercials, they deploy few in-cab cameras, their expert analysis is amateur at best, rarely have miked-up drivers and, worst of all, they have limited camera crews on pit row.

Surprised anyone likes them for racing. Unless you're killing time waiting for a CU game to start, of course.
I should've used the sarcasm font. I've never forgave FS1 for making us miss almost the entire 1st quarter of a CU game, for truck racing.

Nm

click on apple+ a couple minutes before the kick. know that my game is never blacked out or preempted or that we are waiting for a fascinating 9-7 battle between 2 dog **** flyover teams to end.

this is better than getting ****ed on windows and all the rest. face it, the ****ing east coast press doesn't watch most pac games anyway. they go off of what they read the next day. so are we really losing "exposure" and recruits know where to find prime. he's already streaming.

Rumors saying between 22-25 million per school...Amazon first choice with ESPN second. Will be curious how close it ends up to those figures.

Why would either the B1G or SEC invite CU?
CU brings none of these to the table: Women's gymnastics, Women's softball, Men's wrestling, Men's baseball, Men's/Women's swimming and Men's/Women's hockey.
Both conferences would require the addition of several sports...I'm not sure CU can or would agree to do so regardless of the share amount that could even make the additions feasible.

CU brings none of these to the table: Women's gymnastics, Women's softball, Men's wrestling, Men's baseball, Men's/Women's swimming and Men's/Women's hockey.
Both conferences would require the addition of several sports...I'm not sure CU can or would agree to do so regardless of the share amount that could even make the additions feasible.
Outside of a random opinion, can you point to anything that suggests either conference would actually require this? There are many reason why CU may never be invited but this is pretty low on the list, imho

Are you under the impression that all the conference realignment has been because of wrestling, gymnastics and swimming?

Its called not having cable.
Why would you not have cable and whatever streaming channels you want? It doesn't have to be an either/or choice. None of this stuff costs much money. We also have some kind of sports bolt-on that includes the Big Ten Channel and the Mountain West Channel - I think it comes from Xfinity.

The others are Netflix, Amazon Prime, Acorn, ESPN+, and God knows what else. More crap than I know about. My wife is the expert and can find channels I cannot. Something about a fire stick, mirroring, etc, etc. Do not offhandedly complain that you cannot watch horseshoes on Malaysian National Television - she will juggle a few remotes for 2 minutes and there it will be. It's scary. She's the very best human being on the planet.

I will take the time to become knowledgeable about this stuff at some point in my life after I take care of the 10 other things on my list.

That's my Boomer Media Post for this evening....

Last edited:
Are you under the impression that all the conference realignment has been because of wrestling, gymnastics and swimming?
I think his point might have been that CU having only the bare minimum number of sports necessary to be classified as a Division I-A school athletically gives out kind of a pauper vibe and somewhat incorrectly might telegraph a message that the school is uninterested in athletics. It's not a great look if you're trying to attract the attention of the B1G sometime down the road.

I mean, Wyoming has swimming/diving and wrestling, for example, for a school of 11,000 students in a town of 25,000, in a state of 550,000.

Why would you not have cable and whatever streaming channels you want? It doesn't have to be an either/or choice. None of this stuff costs much money. We also have some kind of sports bolt-on that includes the Big Ten Channel and the Mountain West Channel - I think it comes from Xfinity.

The others are Netflix, Amazon Prime, Acorn, ESPN+, and God knows what else. More crap than I know about. My wife is the expert and can find channels I cannot. Something about a fire stick, mirroring, etc, etc. Do not offhandedly complain that you cannot watch horseshoes on Malaysian National Television - she will juggle a few remotes for 2 minutes and there it will be. It's scary. She's the very best human being on the planet.

I will take the time to become knowledgeable about this stuff at some point in my life after I take care of the 10 other things on my list.

That's my Boomer Media Post for this evening....
There are a variety of reasons why people choose not to have cable and go 100% streaming. Doubling up as you suggest would certainly cost more, so that’s usually the #1 reason, especially for younger people.

For me, and this may seem strange to some, my main driver was my unwillingness to pay one more dollar to Fox Corp.

Right now? They wouldn't. When the ACC's GoR dies? Possibly-I mean that's why we hired Prime. Making sure he's happy is that much more critical for CU right now.

A staff member/Mod on the K-State board says he's hearing there could be news tomorrow. Hearing maybe $25m/school with Amazon and ESPN for the Pac 12 is what the current offer is... Also says he's hearing CU and Arizona could be applying for Big 12 membership

My favorite part are all the salty KSU fans who are ripping Colorado

So...

We're hearing reports about the potential for uneven revenue sharing. Presumably, it wouldn't be a set formula where one or two schools always get more money, but rather that the schools that get their games selected for the first tier more often would get more money.

Also, remember when the CU AD figured out how to push the school to actually invest something in athletics by writing into coaches' contracts that facilities improvements would be made?

I'm just wondering if we end up with a situation where an AD gets to tell a future PD: "either the institution broadly supports football, or you get to figure out how to replace tens of millions in revenue. Here's the math on the hole you'll be looking at. And, oh btw, remember that the school is on the hook for the bond issuance we did for the stadium upgrades and practice facilities. Let me know when you're ready to talk about the general studies degree again."

I really hate the idea of uneven revenue sharing. It perpetuates a rich-get-richer system. I would be in favor of a minimum budget guideline that all members have to adhere to to keep schools that happen to luck into a windfall (I’m looking at you, Rutgers) from just cashing checks without making proper investments in their programs.

A staff member/Mod on the K-State board says he's hearing there could be news tomorrow. Hearing maybe $25m/school with Amazon and ESPN for the Pac 12 is what the current offer is... Also says he's hearing CU and Arizona could be applying for Big 12 membership

My favorite part are all the salty KSU fans who are ripping Colorado

This is actually one reason going back to the Big12 would be fun.
Facing schools with vitriol and hate has been missing for the most part while in the PAC.
Those midwestern and Texas fans sure love dem fooseball.

Assuming for a minute this transition to the Big 12 does take place and I imagine it would include all the 4C schools. As much as I have no desire to play TTU or Iowa State, among others, I think it could be a pretty fun conference from a competitive standpoint. My tiers in this new hypothetical 16 team conference for 2024:

Tier 1 (no particular order)
- Utah
- OSU
- CU
- TCU
- Cincinnati

Tier 2
- ASU
- Baylor
- KSU
- UCF
- BYU
- Houston
- TTU

Tier 3
- Kansas
- WVU
- Arizona
- Iowa State

I think it would be a highly competitive conference, with no clear top dog, although I do believe that CU under Prime will be the best recruiting program by far and could easily be the class of this conference in year one.

I really hate the idea of uneven revenue sharing. It perpetuates a rich-get-richer system. I would be in favor of a minimum budget guideline that all members have to adhere to to keep schools that happen to luck into a windfall (I’m looking at you, Rutgers) from just cashing checks without making proper investments in their programs.
I have no problem with it as long as CU is one of the rich, in that scenario.

Back