What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

What evidence is there that we HAVE benefitted? I remember a bump in athletic donations, but I have not seen if that initial bump was sustained.
I don't know. Just saying that the numbers don't make the case that they're purported to. I guess we'd need to look at the entire university system with a particular emphasis on research investments into Anschutz as that was built and built up during this period. Almost all of Benson's efforts were focused there.

I don't know. Just saying that the numbers don't make the case that they're purported to. I guess we'd need to look at the entire university system with a particular emphasis on research investments into Anschutz as that was built and built up during this period. Almost all of Benson's efforts were focused there.
Exactly. There a are million things that influence research output, and athletic affiliation is about causative agent #999,999 on that list. I remember a couple months ago someone here simply point out that CU has increased research output the past decade (like almost every R1 school out there) and then claimed it had to be the PAC affiliation, because, in their words "what else could it be?"

I understand the CU system comes under the same leadership and all campuses, including, Anschutz, are impacted by policy making.

But CU Boulder is the only campus that is a member of the Pac 12. It seems really complex to tease out correlating impacts of conference affiliation under this model.

Last edited:
P12 Media Days has came and gone. Five more weeks until game week. Time for the stay and go decision to be made.
Modern Family Yes GIF by ABC Network

P12 Media Days has came and gone. Five more weeks until game week. Time for the stay and go decision to be made.
We’re on a different level than the b12 and even the Pac-12. From the YouTube views of media days, the views from the CU clips vs the other teams is hilarious (120K to 3K). We’re the #1 brand and it’s not even close. The only conference I’d consider joining is this one and we’d be #1 in this, too:

Colorado
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
USC
Notre Dame
Alabama
Georgia
LSU
Tennessee
Texas
Oklahoma

I’m joking but I’m also not joking. We may be underestimating (if that’s even possible) how closely followed we are this year. The b12 and Yormark were smart to sink their claws into our brand like the leeches they are bc they have no business affiliating themselves w/ CU at the moment.

Seeing more reports that official confirmation of UConn's Big 12 invite will be dropping in the coming week.

I think they're hoping CU would make 14 or maybe Arizona. But I doubt they roll with 13. The other schools that have been most speculated are SDSU, Memphis and BSU, USF to a lesser extent. Then some minor mentions of Tulane and CSU.

Seeing more reports that official confirmation of UConn's Big 12 invite will be dropping in the coming week.

I think they're hoping CU would make 14 or maybe Arizona. But I doubt they roll with 13. The other schools that have been most speculated are SDSU, Memphis and BSU, USF to a lesser extent. Then some minor mentions of Tulane and CSU.
Damn, I know money will be the deciding factor, but just from the standpoint of program membership the Big12 is absolutely dreadful. I will get no pleasure out of seeing CU join that group of second rate programs.

For the millionth time, athletic conference affiliation has nothing to do with research partnerships. How this myth persists among non-academics I will literally never understand.
Show us the data... correlation is NOT causation and all you've got here is correlation. You could be right, you could be wrong, but there is no actual data that proves the argument for either side. You conveniently ignore the rest of my post where I said that was hypothetical and could be one of many levers that would need to be considered to push your unproven argument. Yes, the university as a whole has declined since joining the Pac10... there's no arguing there. But that decline also concides with hundreds of other factors that have nothing to do with the Pac10... Uncle Phil's tenure... a president that was focused on a medical campus and expansion outside of Boulder are just two big ones. If we'd stayed in the BigXII, as has been shown here, the AD would've made a **** ton more money (actual data). The move to the Pac10 also significantly increased research interaction and alumni interaction/funding (again, actual data), just like the AD losses, those facts have been well documented in this thread. I still haven't seen any actual data backing up your argument. Who can say whether the overall academic and campus decline wouldn't have been far worse if we'd stayed in the BigXII and hadn't experienced the research/alumni interaction boon.

Regardless of whether your right or wrong, my point still stands. Saliman needs to consider the effect on the whole system and that's what will define what media $ number works for the university. He may well decide to not fund anything and the AD needs to get what it can get and take the loss on the chin. He may decide to change the paradigm and take a smaller number to stay in the Pac10 and fund the difference. He may decide that conference affiliation makes no difference, and the AD should do what they feel is best and still either fund or not fund the difference. Either way, I'm not worried about where we end up because it seems to me we have actual leadership and vision at the top of the university for a change and whatever the decision is, it won't be shortsighted or politically driven bull****.

Last edited:

SDSU and Memphis aren't going B12.

Outside of Buffalo, USF is the only public AAU school. It’s inevitable they will become a P5 school now. B12 would be wise to add them and pair w/ UCF.

Have to believe they’re on the ACC radar and I’m sure P12 vetted them right after they got the AAU status.

Everyone else, big time meh.

Look away from this if you don’t want Apple 🫣 the Messi game pulled 6M viewers.

The Prime effect on Apple TV subscriptions...my question is will the other P12 schools be willing to put in the effort to promote the P12 like CU is doing right now?

The Prime effect on Apple TV subscriptions...my question is will the other P12 schools be willing to put in the effort to promote the P12 like CU is doing right now?
I think they’re trying but they’re running an old playbook - classic FB coach, school run media, etc. The CU playbook is like nothing the sport has seen before.

Might mean something. Might just be a situation where RG had another obligation. Did all the other ADs stick around after GKs presser?
This feels to me like somebody trying to assign meaning to something where no meaning was intended.

But if it was a move by RG to let GK know that his patience is running out, I’m all for it. I feel like this has dragged on for way too long.

Might mean something. Might just be a situation where RG had another obligation. Did all the other ADs stick around after GKs presser?
This feels to me like somebody trying to assign meaning to something where no meaning was intended.

But if it was a move by RG to let GK know that his patience is running out, I’m all for it. I feel like this has dragged on for way too long.

I think the latter about patience running out is most likely. Good for RG if that is true because the patience of Buffs fans are running out as well.

If no P12 media rights deal is announced this week, I guess it's time for CU to pack is bags and go to the B12.

Good question, Always thought the whole UConn thing was to pressure the 4 corners.
Still stand by no SDSU or Memphis. S Fla is much better.
How does an invite to UConn apply pressure to the 4-corner schools? “You better accept our invitation, because if you don’t, we will invite a crappy school from the East Coast with a ****ty football program instead!”

How does an invite to UConn apply pressure to the 4-corner schools? “You better accept our invitation, because if you don’t, we will invite a crappy school from the East Coast with a ****ty football program instead!”
IF the original discussion was that there are four slots available, the idea would be if UCONN said yes there would be three left.
I'm not saying it's a great tactic but that's was my understanding.

IF the original discussion was that there are four slots available, the idea would be if UCONN said yes there would be three left.
I'm not saying it's a great tactic but that's was my understanding.
If that's the tactic - and numerous people on here are praising Yormark - then I need to stop joking about going into car sales and need to actually do it yesterday.

ALLBUFFS CARS! Where you can buy an AMC Gremlin for only $10k above sticker because we only have 3 of them!

Back