What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

937xee.jpg

They need two more.

If they were going to be mwc teams you'd think they'd be part of this.

I'm struggling to think of any other non mwc school that would fit that isn't in a p4.

Maybe they're looking at texas cusa or sunbelt schools?

Those six will decide on the next two members.

As for the MWC backfilling, going after both Montana schools and NDSU & SDSU is a possibility. That would be a strong move by the MWC.

UTEP & NMSU is also a possibility.

As for the MWC backfilling, going after both Montana schools and NDSU & SDSU is a possibility. That would be a strong move by the MWC.

Why on earth would they be interested in UTEP and NMSU? UNM would make far more sense and even they weren't mentioned

EDIT: My mistake, you were talking about NMSU and UTEP to the MWC not the Pac12. That's what I get for posting while I'm still half asleep

Last edited:

I'm a huge Montana fan. But there's no world in which the Montana schools or the Dakota schools make more sense than UTEP and NMSU. All four of the FCS schools have no media market and not nearly the budget necessary to move up, pay the additional scholarships, keep pace with FBS salaries, etc. Yes, they'd make more money in the MWC, but that immediately evaporates because of increased costs.

If I were betting, MWC will go to NMSU and UTEP first, and after that see if they can pry away from Texas schools. It's all about markets. Missoula and Bozeman, unfortunately, aren't markets.

csu gets their dream of joining the Pac...lol

OSU and WSU fans must be upset right now knowing they are G5.

All schools in this conference have 'state' after their name

Back