What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I feel bad for the six Pac. UTSA, Memphis, USF and AFA all say no thank you. Makes the CSewe pick up even funnier. The goats finally get in the private club only to find they no longer serve alcohol and sold off the golf course.

So the Pac-6 would have to settle on UTEP & NMSU?

Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

The more things change the more they stay the same. Pac leadership continues to overvalue its product to its own detriment rather than accepting reality and putting out achievable proposals. Didn't learn their lesson. Telling G5 teams that they have a prospect of $10-$15 million for a new, undefined TV proposal is just as unrealistic as telling Power conference teams that the Pac should get $50 million a year or be on par with the Big10 or SEC. Completely delusional.

the core of the Mtn West are the original WAC teams who got suckered into the "new" 16 Team WAC which was a creepy failure....including TCU kept winning a lot. They formed the MWC to preserve tradional rivalries on the front range. I thought that was a great secession move. There is probably a terrific lesson here. totally heroic.

I'm 56, my first CU game was Tony Reed running up the COLORADO embankment to beat Oklahoma in 1976.....

edit: so I read it on wiki, the university presidents of AFA, CSU, Utah, and Wyoming met at DIA to break away from the "new" WAC and form their own conference, retain identity of the mountain west

Last edited:
Gonzaga is joining the Pac 12. They still need two football members by 2026, but Gonzaga is going to get a full revenue share, according the McMurphy, which is wild considering they don't have football.
I’ve always felt that adding Gonzaga is a curious move for any conference. It has certainly had a remarkable run under Mark Few, but without him there are host of reasons to doubt sustainability. Small school located far from a solid recruiting base chief among them. Seems like a high percentage chance they fall off a cliff when Few retires. He’ll be 62 in a few months.

I’ve always felt that adding Gonzaga is a curious move for any conference. It has certainly had a remarkable run under Mark Few, but without him there are host of reasons to doubt sustainability. Small school located far from a solid recruiting base chief among them. Seems like a high percentage chance they fall off a cliff when Few retires. He’ll be 62 in a few months.
I'm shocked that Wazzu didn't block it. They compete in the same market.

So I'm guessing Hawaii joins the PAC as a football only member.

Would be MASSIVELY stupid for the Pac12 to commit to Hawaii. Honolulu/Hawaii is not a top media market, is different from most of the west int hat the population is growing very slowly and has little room for growth, and would add huge travel costs. Feel bad for the 'Bows, but I don't see how they survive much longer.

Would be MASSIVELY stupid for the Pac12 to commit to Hawaii. Honolulu/Hawaii is not a top media market, is different from most of the west int hat the population is growing very slowly and has little room for growth, and would add huge travel costs. Feel bad for the 'Bows, but I don't see how they survive much longer.

Would it be stupid if getting Hawaii increases the likehood of a media rights deal with ESPN?

Wow. The idiocy of the P12 continues to weave disaster like pebbles in a pond. Overvaluing the product, failure to proactively expand and the four corner schools bail to the B12, after SC and fUCLA knifed everyone in the back on their way to the BigInteger, OU and UW decide to rack up frequent flyer miles with SC and fUCLA in the B1G, and Stanford and Cal tuck their tails, grab their bags and plane tickets to kneel before the academics at Clempsum.

Now trying to save what little face is left, the P2 make a play to rob the Mtn. Weenie, pull four schools, but alas, still need two more for respectability and any chance at keeping P5 status. The AAC members politely say "no thank you", only to have the Mtn. Weenine riff raff dis the 6Pac in their own backyard. Trying times, indeed.

Wow. The idiocy of the P12 continues to weave disaster like pebbles in a pond. Overvaluing the product, failure to proactively expand and the four corner schools bail to the B12, after SC and fUCLA knifed everyone in the back on their way to the BigInteger, OU and UW decide to rack up frequent flyer miles with SC and fUCLA in the B1G, and Stanford and Cal tuck their tails, grab their bags and plane tickets to kneel before the academics at Clempsum.

Now trying to save what little face is left, the P2 make a play to rob the Mtn. Weenie, pull four schools, but alas, still need two more for respectability and any chance at keeping P5 status. The AAC members politely say "no thank you", only to have the Mtn. Weenine riff raff dis the 6Pac in their own backyard. Trying times, indeed.

UNLV was offered but turned it down. I have to question the value of UNLV long term as Las Vegas is likely getting a NBA expansion team and the A's are on their way. UNLV might just disappear in that case.

Back