What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

MWC schools have a 5 PM PT deadline to commit to staying in the conference. PAC expansion likely done tonight.

From what I'm seeing, UNM has not been mentioned as staying in the MWC...they might be #8 after Utah State.
One thing that works in their favor is that it's easy travel to games in ABQ compared to a lot of other options. With all the non-revenue sports to consider and the need to be frugal on a 3rd tier media deal, that might matter.

One thing that works in their favor is that it's easy travel to games in ABQ compared to a lot of other options. With all the non-revenue sports to consider and the need to be frugal on a 3rd tier media deal, that might matter.

Yeah I have been to ABQ multiple times in my life. The UNM athletic facilities are pretty close to the airport.

FBS conferences must meet a more stringent set of requirements for NCAA recognition than other conferences:[13]

• A total of at least eight active FBS members.
  • To be counted toward this total, a school must participate in conference play in at least six men's and eight women's sports, including men's and women's basketball, football, and at least two other women's team sports.
    • Each school may count one men's and one women's sport not sponsored by its primary conference toward the above limits, as long as that sport competes in another Division I conference. The men's and women's sports so counted need not be the same sport.[14]

Back