What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I expect things to get negotiated with UNLV to the Pac. I think the Rebs have simply orchestrated things for maximum leverage and are probably also talking to the AAC with AFA to see if that could be a better option on the table.

The Pac needs that cash to settle the Reggie Bush lawsuit since it decided to stick together and take over all assets and liabilities.
I'm interested in how these lawsuits go.

It doesn't seem reasonable to me to sue a school that was following the policies of both it's conference and the sport's governing body because that policy changed decades after the player left.

It could be there's aspects of this that I haven't given sufficient thought to.

I'm interested in how these lawsuits go.

It doesn't seem reasonable to me to sue a school that was following the policies of both it's conference and the sport's governing body because that policy changed decades after the player left.

It could be there's aspects of this that I haven't given sufficient thought to.
You can absolutely sue an organization for doing you wrong and "we were just following policy" isn't a defense when the policy was in violation of labor laws.

In this case, using someone to promote your brand without their specific release and not compensating the person.

You can absolutely sue an organization for doing you wrong and "we were just following policy" isn't a defense when the policy was in violation of labor laws.

In this case, using someone to promote your brand without their specific release and not compensating the person.
I get the bolded, but realistically, <rhetorical> was USC supposed to take the stance of "we believe the Pac 12 and NCAA policy is wrong, so we're not going to enforce it and we'll just forfeit all our games..."? </r> That doesn't seem reasonable to me, but, upon reflection, laws often aren't.

I get the bolded, but realistically, <rhetorical> was USC supposed to take the stance of "we believe the Pac 12 and NCAA policy is wrong, so we're not going to enforce it and we'll just forfeit all our games..."? </r> That doesn't seem reasonable to me, but, upon reflection, laws often aren't.
I'm not sure what USC could have done differently. In fact, them breaking rules to get Reggie and his family appropriate compensation for his value to the school put them on probation and might be the main reason the Pac-12 died (the conference's elite program being mediocre for a decade). But the Pac-12 and NCAA which made and enforced the rules probably gonna have to pay up.

"We should hire the firm that cooked us in the last round." 😂

Tim Robinson Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

Really hard to feel any sympathy for the pac 2 now. The MWC absolutely threw them a lifeline with the scheduling agreeent - something both parties agreed to including the poaching penalty - and now they want out of it? Seems like this has to be premediated too - there were only two potential outcomes for the p2: merge or poach. Far more duplicitous than the Big Ten doing the vague 'alliance' with the ACC and P12, then poaching USC/UCLA.

Obviously, the MWC should have said sorry no scheduling agreement unless you agree to join. Or do you like playing each other 8x a yeah?

Nevada, UNM, Wyoming, Hawaii, and SJSU are likely boned at this point, and for what? P2+? will still not be a power conference with only increntally larger media money possible.

AFA and UNLV should bolt for the AAC. That would be fun.

Last edited:

It appears that the big reason for the suit is that the MWC was trying to fleece OSU/WSU on the scheduling alliance. Probably to push them to join.

Instead, they poached and want a settlement path to significantly reducing the exit fees for the schools they poached.

Yep reduced exit fees is the way to go in this case.

It looks like Sacramento State would most likely make the jump to FBS to the MWC to be SJSU's travel partner. After that dust settles, eyes on the Big Sky & WAC.

**** no. Stop elevating G5 programs. There are already 4 of them in the Big 12 that are taking $$ from the rest of the conference and that CU has to compete with for recruits. My goodness, there is an epidemic of this mindset going around.
That was my initial thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I read through things a day or two ago. They're basically having to secure a ton of booster & university money to increase the hoops arena from 1,500 capacity to like 6k, build a new football stadium that approaches 30k and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't even bring their facilities up to CSU (pre on-campus stadium). If that's a Pac-12 member, then that's pretty sad.

Last edited:
I read through things a day or two ago. They're basically having to secure a ton of booster & university money to increase the hoops are an from 1,500 capacity to like 6k, build a new football stadium that approaches 30k and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't even bring their facilities up to CSU (pre on-campus stadium). If that's a Pac-12 member, then that's pretty sad.

I'd say the MWC is more likely at this point. Going from the Big Sky Conference to the new PAC would have been a massive jump in competition.

Over my long and marginally illustrious career, I can assure you that 100% of feasibility studies return an opinion that whatever plan is presently being considered is, in fact, feasible.

Over my long a marginally illustrious legal career, I can assure that any conclusion can be given logical form.

UNLV QB just quit after 3-0 start and going to redshirt. Sounds like the NIL funds were not delivered as promised. Not a good look for we are a serious football program and you want us in your conference.

No way that is true about UNLV not having the money. Just look at whose name is on their practice facility and that is the same person who owns the NBA's Rockets plus approached the NHL about getting an expansion team in Houston.

Back