What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

CU @ UCF - September 28 @ 1:30 PM MT Game Thread

I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats, it was much closer than the score would indicate. Is that a fair take or not?
It was a 13 point game at half time and that’s as close as it got the rest of the game. Something like 120 of their 461 total yards came in the 4th quarter across three drives while they were down 20+, that ended up in two turnover on downs and a fumble return for a TD.

I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats, it was much closer than the score would indicate. Is that a fair take or not?
If you ignore turnovers.

The first half wasn't a close as the score, if you ignore the 75 yard TD on a wheel route by UCF.

Yak pointed it out, but a ton of the yards were in garbage time. Too many 3 and outs in the 2nd half which gave them the ball back too often.

Originally the title sponsor was Brighthouse cable. But during the first, and subsequent games, fans noticed that the aluminum and steel structure would flex significantly when students jumped up and down in the stands.

My season tix, when I had them, were pretty low, so my seats didn’t bounce much. When UCF hosted the AAC champ game against Cincy, my tickets were in the same section but 18 rows higher. From those seats I could fully feel the bounce. It was a bit unnerving. They reinforced it after the first season, but it still bounces plenty.
Can confirm. We were sitting pretty high up. That stadium bounces.

I don’t want to be that guy, but…we really don’t know how good UCF will be this year. That gives me some hesitation when trying to project what this win says about CU. UCF hasn’t beaten anybody this season.

From my perspective CU has played one good team so far this year and we lost. We still need to see more against quality opponents to see if this year’s team is for real. We have top end talent at the skill positions, but I still need to see what our O-line and LBs look like against the top tier of the conference.

stephen colbert middle finger GIF
I guess our next shot at the $ is K State. They are led by former NDSU head coach Chris Klieman who led the BISON to victory in their newly renovated stadium. Made a mint on that one. They were giving the BISON a couple TDs as the dog. The money line on the BISON win was insane!

TIP: the money line on upsets is unbelievable. The GAM is designed to find upsets. Yesterday’s game was an upset.

I haven’t run any numbers on this one but I will keep you informed. If it hadn’t been for a lucky pass we would be about $1,000 ahead.

The UCF game was a gift. If I hadn’t been behind $8 going in I would have had a much bigger war chest to use. It was a back-up-the-truck situation and that’s what I did. Oh well. Las Vegas is very difficult to beat. I just want a decent war chest for the FCS playoffs. They have been a gold mine. Hopefully this K State game will be low hanging fruit again. We will see.

I guess our next shot at the $ is K State. They are led by former NDSU head coach Chris Klieman who led the BISON to victory in their newly renovated stadium. Made a mint on that one. They were giving the BISON a couple TDs as the dog. The money line on the BISON win was insane!

I haven’t run any numbers on this one but I will keep you informed. If it hadn’t been for a lucky pass we would be about $1,000 ahead.

The UCF game was a gift. If I hadn’t been behind $8 going in I would have had a much bigger war chest to use. It was a back-up-the-truck situation and that’s what I did. Oh well. Las Vegas is very difficult to beat. I just want a decent war chest for the FCS playoffs. They have been a gold mine. Hopefully this K State game will be low hanging fruit again. We will see.
Will Ferrell Loser GIF

I don’t want to be that guy, but…we really don’t know how good UCF will be this year. That gives me some hesitation when trying to project what this win says about CU. UCF hasn’t beaten anybody this season.

From my perspective CU has played one good team so far this year and we lost. We still need to see more against quality opponents to see if this year’s team is for real. We have top end talent at the skill positions, but I still need to see what our O-line and LBs look like against the top tier of the conference.
I agree with some of this if you’re just box score scouting, but road conference wins are hard, regardless of opponent, but they were basically in total control across all three phases from the mid first quarter on. Holding the nations top running offense to 200 yards below their average is insane.

Also, the Big 12 is playing out in a way that many thought it would where there just aren’t any dominant teams and a lot of parity. Kansas has turned out to be pretty bad, Arizona is mediocre at best, Utah without Cam Rising looks bad, Oklahoma State looks mediocre at best, and UCF was thought to be a top 2-3 team in the conference before yesterday. Kansas State and BYU are the two “best” by record and each have a “good” win, but I don’t think either are great teams.

I think the CU team we saw yesterday, that was essentially a 60/40 pass to run split (4.4 ypc), while playing great defense and sound special teams is going to be tough for any team in this conference to beat, but it’s truly a week to week league.

Every analytical projection has them at 9/10 wins, they're a good team

TIP: the money line on upsets is unbelievable. The GAM is designed to find upsets. Yesterday’s game was an upset.

Unimpressed Nobody Cares GIF by Fergie

CU fans showed up, too. Very, very solid contingent. It’s hard to notice when each team wears the exact same colors, but the CU fans were very much there. I would expect a lot of the CU fans there are Prime fans who live in Florida and wouldn’t give CU a second thought if he wasn’t here, but who cares?

CU fans showed up, too. Very, very solid contingent. It’s hard to notice when each team wears the exact same colors, but the CU fans were very much there. I would expect a lot of the CU fans there are Prime fans who live in Florida and wouldn’t give CU a second thought if he wasn’t here, but who cares?
One of the UCF fans who talked a bit of trash this week acknowledged that there was a pretty solid CU presence too:

If we were to go to a bowl game beating Baylor was a must. So with :02 left in the Baylor game I was a dejected CU fan once again. Wondering if springing for season tickets was really worth it. Packing up my stuff for the sad drive back to Arvada.

Then the ball floated through the Rocky Mt. air, the crowd watched silently as it returned to earth, when, the ball inches from the ground, inches from a devastating loss, Lajohntay Wester’s arms slid under the descending pigskin and secured the touchdown.

Minutes later the greatest player in 2024 NCAA football assured the win. And only one week removed from doubt and doom I am in football fan bliss! Unbelievable!!

Last edited:

@Darth Snow approves this post.

Back