What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

CU @ UCF - September 28 @ 1:30 PM MT Game Thread

Isn’t @Arizona now our toughest remaining game?
Who knows? I have a feeling this conference race is going to be batsh!t crazy. You can probably chalk up wins against Cincy, KU and OSU right now. There's your 7 wins. I don't know why, but I felt even before the season we'd beat K-State. I feel even stronger about it now. Folsom will be INSANE with pent up excitement for that one.

I don’t want to be that guy, but…we really don’t know how good UCF will be this year. That gives me some hesitation when trying to project what this win says about CU. UCF hasn’t beaten anybody this season.

From my perspective CU has played one good team so far this year and we lost. We still need to see more against quality opponents to see if this year’s team is for real. We have top end talent at the skill positions, but I still need to see what our O-line and LBs look like against the top tier of the conference.
Right there with you. They've played one complete game, ill be right there with everyone else there when they string a few more together

Last edited:
I don’t want to be that guy, but…we really don’t know how good UCF will be this year. That gives me some hesitation when trying to project what this win says about CU. UCF hasn’t beaten anybody this season.

From my perspective CU has played one good team so far this year and we lost. We still need to see more against quality opponents to see if this year’s team is for real. We have top end talent at the skill positions, but I still need to see what our O-line and LBs look like against the top tier of the conference.
We're not as bad as we looked against Nebraska and not as good as we looked against UCF.

kickoffs again: CP should get out some Tom Dempsey shoes and have every player try a kickoff. I'd wager that a half-dozen can kick into the end zone regularly.
(Dempsey had lost part of the front of his foot and had a modified kicking shoe, that had a 'flat', rather than rounded toe - sorta like a golf club)

I agree with the first part of your assessment (UCF game being Ex. A), but not on board with the second half given the tendency of teams to improve over the course of a season. Why can we continue to play like that and get even better?
Agreed. Yesterday was the team we all expected to see this year. The fact that we made it to 4-1 with only playing to our potential once is pretty incredible.

This is the most insulting acknowledgment of Prime CU being legit. I'm blown away that this is coming from ESPN.
View attachment 76553
Fvck em!!! Colorado vs everyone!!!!!

Is this anonymous?
modern media are going for reaction, they don't care about the substance. This a-hole is more valuable to his boss if he gets 5,000 "you suk" responses, as opposed to 200 "good jobs".

We should shut jerks like this up, with quiet determination and performance, imo. But, with Well Off Media, I don't see us being low-key about anything.

kickoffs again: CP should get out some Tom Dempsey shoes and have every player try a kickoff. I'd wager that a half-dozen can kick into the end zone regularly.
(Dempsey had lost part of the front of his foot and had a modified kicking shoe, that had a 'flat', rather than rounded toe - sorta like a golf club)
I'm still wondering why the hell UCF was fair catching short low kicks between the 5 and 15 yard lines. Granted I can only see what was on the TV screen but there wasn't a Buff in sight, and even if there was, past games would have shown them to at least try.

Is this anonymous?
modern media are going for reaction, they don't care about the substance. This a-hole is more valuable to his boss if he gets 5,000 "you suk" responses, as opposed to 200 "good jobs".

We should shut jerks like this up, with quiet determination and performance, imo. But, with Well Off Media, I don't see us being low-key about anything.
Keep receipts and attack. The asshole is so full of themself that the narrative is that only people who don't know football thought CU would be good or that a team could be successfully built this way. Umm... if that's your take you better get over yourself, admit that you were wrong, and acknowledge that you really aren't an expert on building a program or on evaluating a roster.

dear espn, Paul finebaum, Sean Keeler, and all the other talking ****ing heads:

the office burn GIF

the b12 is wide open (this was obvious before the season ever started).

the b12 has fewer elite athletes than the sec or b10-- AGAIN, ****ing obvious before the season started.

the b12 conference schedule lined up very favorably for CU this season-- AGAIN ****ing obvious you ****ing d-bags.

CU has elte athletes-- AGAIN easy to acknowledge if you aren't a ****ing hater racist ****ing ****-talker.

CU is and has been in a position to contend for the b12 title from the get-go. every team has major flaws, including CU, but CU has a favorable schedule and ATHLETES. if y'all did not hate CP so much and root so actively for him to fail, you would have seen this a long long time ago.

so, again:

Ufc You Suck GIF by The Guardian

Sorry if this was already posted but these are sick.

Could have had 2 extra weeks of rest with the bye week but wanted to be on that field for his teammates and coaches.
This kid is a really good back and will continue to get better as he gets back to being healthy. I loved the patience to wait for that hole. AND then we opened a full-sized hole in the red zone!!! HEY! We brought in extra blockers again, and it worked!!

Very excited about our RB room. We have three really good backs. Augustave was out to prove he deserves more playing time, and he did. That kid runs with power and determination.

This kid is a really good back and will continue to get better as he gets back to being healthy. I loved the patience to wait for that hole. AND then we opened a full-sized hole in the red zone!!! HEY! We brought in extra blockers again, and it worked!!

Very excited about our RB room. We have three really good backs. Augustave was out to prove he deserves more playing time, and he did. That kid runs with power and determination.
I'm totally happy with Welch and Augustave being our 1-2 punch next year

Is there another P4 program that would view him as a starting ILB more than CU? I think the odds of him staying are far greater than testing the portal
Maybe he goes back to Safety somewhere else. He's a tweener, and that's it's going to be hard for him to find a 'start' at either position. He's good coming in for certain packages.

It was the best defensive performance of the Prime era, holding the nations leading rushing program to 200 yards below their previous average, on the road, while only giving up 7 second half points and the author actually says “they don’t play great defense”.
We don't play great defense. But we do play opportunistic defense.

This is the most insulting acknowledgment of Prime CU being legit. I'm blown away that this is coming from ESPN.
View attachment 76553
Fvck em!!! Colorado vs everyone!!!!!
The last sentence tells you everything you need to know about the person who wrote this.

Another butt hurt guy who couldn't be an athlete so became a sports writer who thinks that coaches should treat him like something special because he has a press pass.

Wouldn’t that make yesterday the outlier and the other four our norm? Your take just seems like the absolute most homer take available.
You have to look at the trend. Our defense has been improving ever since the first game. Yesterday was not the outlier.

Our offense is pretty inconsistent, it's fair to say yesterday we are getting the good side of it.

Colorado will be competitive with this defensive baseline performance. We would have won the game yesterday still even if the offense was as bad as in Baylor.

Back