What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ UCF - September 28 @ 1:30 PM MT Pregame Thread

Our DBs will have ZERO trouble with their WRs and TEs. ZERO. We know what they can do and what they're going to do. Run the ball. If it were me, I'd sit Shilo another game, bring 5-man pressure all day (the fifth coming from the weak side primarily), and play a 2 deep/4 under zone package so we have as many eyes on runs and scrambles as possible.

They won't do this, though. 🤷‍♂️

NOTE: FWIW I trust RL more than anyone on the staff.
They got some solid WRs and one draftable one in Hudson. They aren't as athletic as Baylor and they aren't the best at running routes at all but they aren't trash by any means. Their QB lacks accuracy especially if the pocket isn't clean

If it were any other head coach, they would have seen the first two weeks vs the last two and realized Stoudmire should be starting... He made a 1 on 1 coverage play against Baylor where he got a DPU on a short in and played it perfectly. Shilo wouldn't have been able to pull that off. Stoudmire plays the position the way it's supposed to be played. I love Shilo but man it's nice having a safety that can come down and play man well while also being able to hold a deep zone and not be a targeting risk on every play.
Shilo is way better on the all22s than Carter. There are somethings to like about Carter. He's better against the run than Shilo is but the mental part of the game, it's like one is a rookie and the other is a vet. It's not close.

He's a far better Safety. Go watch Stoutmire on the QB draw that went for a TD against Baylor. The red circle is Stoutmire and this went for a TD. Shilo is a liability from the penalty standpoint, but he's a much better tackler

View attachment 76391
One missed tackle by Stoutmire makes Shilo a far better safety? I saw Cam miss a tackle on a draw, does that mean he's not a good safety? Carter can play man on better, over the top better, but can’t tackle as well. With how our front 7 has been, I’d rather have the safety that’s better in pass coverage than tackling when we already have Cam as great run support.

I saw the boys are headed to UCF today - don't they usually leave the day before? Are they headed down early to possible airline disruptions?

Hoping we see more plays run out of Pistol on offense, running out of this formation has had good results and with some play action should buy SS2 another second to throw the ball.
Hoping to see more run plays with play action and yes out of the pistol
Hoping to see the offensive line gel.
On D, more zone pass coverage and I hope not to see one of our DB's traversing the entire width of field followin and assigned wr. that will not work well.
and more discipline with guys staying in their lanes on kick coverage.

Shilo only has one penalty this year. Travis has two on defense. Once again, let's be realistic when talking Shilo. He's a legit NFL safety. Those don't fall off trees
Shilo only has one penalty that was CALLED. He had 3 LHOOB that should have been called vs NDSU alone.

One missed tackle by Stoutmire makes Shilo a far better safety? I saw Cam miss a tackle on a draw, does that mean he's not a good safety? Carter can play man on better, over the top better, but can’t tackle as well. With how our front 7 has been, I’d rather have the safety that’s better in pass coverage than tackling when we already have Cam as great run support.
I don’t like this game CU fans seem to love playing of pitting our players against each other. I like Stoutmire and think he’s a good player, but Shilo is a better overall Safety right now. His penalties are a concern and could potentially make him a bigger liability, but the defense we play asks our CBs to do most of the man coverage and our Safeties to come up and make tackles.

I don’t like this game CU fans seem to love playing of pitting our players against each other. I like Stoutmire and think he’s a good player, but Shilo is a better overall Safety right now. His penalties are a concern and could potentially make him a bigger liability, but the defense we play asks our CBs to do most of the man coverage and our Safeties to come up and make tackles.
I don’t think I’m pitting them against each other. I personally think the defense is better with Carter than it is with Shilo. I don’t believe I’m alone in this thought but I also don’t believe having the opinion that one player is better for the defense than the other is pitting them against one another

I don’t think I’m pitting them against each other. I personally think the defense is better with Carter than it is with Shilo. I don’t believe I’m alone in this thought but I also don’t believe having the opinion that one player is better for the defense than the other is pitting them against one another
The film doesn't lie and it's saying cap. Our defensive improvement can literally be pointed to Trevor Woods getting that targeting call and the law firm forming at LB on defense

The defense is better because of Nikhai Hill-Green. Shilo played pretty well against NDSU.

In the ideal world, playing against UCF, I think Shilo is a better safety than Carter. Shilo can diagnose offense faster than Carter.

I think Carter might be better against pass heavy offense just because he is more disciplined.

Last edited:
The defense is better because of Nikhai Hill-Green. Shilo played pretty well against NDSU.

In the ideal world, playing against UCF, I think Shilo is a better safety than Carter. Shilo can diagnose offense faster than Carter.

I think Carter might be better against pass heavy offense just because he is more disciplined.
Carter has better coverage skills and he's a better athlete with a better frame.

Shilo is just a superior player due to his mental. He's also a playmaker which is good but Shilo biggest strength is he's an exceptional reader of the game

Back