What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs Utah 12/12 10:00 AM Fox BIG NOON SATURDAY - GAME THREAD

I think that it has been difficult integrate KD in. I do think Chev tried to feature him against SDSU and that flopped. Although Arias has not been productive, I am an advocate for bigger WR's out there + Stanley. I think this helps Noyer some. I think KD Nixon is still a good player but the younger guys have out-shined him. I just don't know how much opportunity there should really be to showcase his skills.

I think the passing attack drop-off is more due to TE shortage, the Oline troubles at SDSU, and more film available for SN. Growing pains as well. Against Zona, Sam made some bad throws and decisions, but they dropped some too. It was not pretty, but I did think SN made enough plays for a decent game even with the interceptions. Neither of those deep throws were great, but KD and Arias did have plays on the ball in 1on1 coverage. Hit on one of those, maybe another 7 points and it does not look so bad.
Arias needs to sit. Has had lots of opportunities to show out and = Nothing. Shenault and Rice need to be given his reps.

I think the lack of a receiving TE threat is definitely hurting the offense in general, but I'm not sure it fully explains the disappearance of Stanley's involvement. Maybe teams have started keying on Stanley in the passing game, but they just haven't made it a point to get him the ball the last couple weeks.
good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Agreed. The RB position is somewhat similar, as when Mangham is the featured RB, they don't seem to have the same explosiveness as when Broussard or Clayton carry the rock. Mangham is great in short yardage and goal line situations, and always has the potential for a big run.
And Joe Davis needs to be dropped out of the rotation. So slow to the hole.

This would be like Texas getting a rematch with Oklahoma for the Big 12 title even though Iowa State has clearly been the best team in that league. Oh, wait-that's not happening. Why? The Big 12 isn't run by a ****ing idiot.

The conference ****ed up BIG time by not having us play Washington Thanksgiving weekend. This whole fiasco is on Pac 12 leadership. You can't tell a team who has avoided a COVID outbreak and won all their games "Hey, you can't play for a conference championship because you're not as big a brand as Oregon or Washington and USC are." **** you-we won out. Oregon and Washington have lost 3 games between them in the last two weeks to inferior competition. Nobody gives a rat's ass about the North division-the best two teams in this conference are USC and Colorado. I'm not the only one who thinks that-Oregon didn't even get a vote in this week's AP poll. Oregon and Washington don't have arguments here. Want to play for a conference title? Don't lose to Oregon State and Cal in back to back weeks, quack attack. Don't lose to a Stanford team that Colorado dominated for three quarters, puppies. There is NO excuse for not having USC and CU play this weekend or not saying if USC and CU are undefeated after next week they will play for a conference title. I've said it already-you can have Washington and Washington State play on December 19th to accomodate two south teams in the title game. This should not be that difficult, but the Pac 12 will find the most incompetent solution possible here.

If this team runs the table and doesn't get to play for a conference championship because USC couldn't keep their players healthy before they were supposed to play us, I think this institution needs to take a hard look at changing conferences again before the next round of TV deals.
Keep preaching brotha!

Tini-lite, you can relax. It's been a fun year, but a short one. I've got the feeling our ranking, while earned, is a byproduct of the ****ed up schedule and the overall ****tiness of college football this year. We've been a decent team, but are we actually good? This game will tell us. I could see it going a lot of ways.
Could say that about a lot of teams. AZ recovers that onside kick and U$C looks like "ASS. What's UW's or Oregon's excuse for their showings? And Texas, Wisconsin or OU???
Like every season, injuries, timing and momentum are everything, unless you're Saban, (with gallons of HGH at his disposal) !

Is it a mere coincidence that our passing game devolved once KD Nixon came back?
I’m probably finding problems where none exist, and I freely admit my anti KD bias, but it’s hard for me to not notice the passing game has gotten a lot worse with him playing.
If Noyer gets a pass play called,where Nixon is the "hot" receiver, he needs to ignore it and audible to a Stanley or Shenault play!
I'm gonna puke if I see another Nixon drop!

Tini-lite, you can relax. It's been a fun year, but a short one. I've got the feeling our ranking, while earned, is a byproduct of the ****ed up schedule and the overall ****tiness of college football this year. We've been a decent team, but are we actually good? This game will tell us. I could see it going a lot of ways.

We are one of five power 5 undefeated teams right now (Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and USC are the others)...........and you're saying we're "decent"?

Take a ****ing lap.

The only one of those teams we would have a ghost of a chance against would be USC. “Decent” is a pretty good description of our performance.

I think the idea that we're not one of the 25 best teams in the sport at the moment doesn't add up. That's my point.

I think the idea that we're not one of the 25 best teams in the sport at the moment doesn't add up. That's my point.
Tough to compare 4-0 CU vs other P5 teams who are 7-2. I believe CU belongs among the top 25, but are they as good as a 1 loss Indiana or a 2 loss Oklahoma or Iowa State? Hard to say right now. I'd feel a lot more confident had CU played and beaten ASU and stood at 5-0 right now.

I'm less annoyed with the Conference Championship situation. I do think it is a bit unbalanced to tell the best team in the North that they don't get to play, especially this late in the game.

I am however extremely annoyed that the conference hasn't done anything to make sure CU and USC play each other ahead of the conference championship.

We are one of five power 5 undefeated teams right now (Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and USC are the others)...........and you're saying we're "decent"?

Take a ****ing lap.
You keep trying to do this. All you are doing is repeatedly looking desperate and stupid. Please stop. For your own sake.

Its battered Buff fan syndrome. Too many fast starts to seasons with horrific endings has people looking for the other shoe everywhere. Personally, I think we are legit better this year. We seem more like a Stanford or Washington this year, where we are pretty legit on D and can run the ball with a serviceable QC. We may not win Friday night, but I am less worried about getting blown out then I was in previous years (even 2016).

I'm less annoyed with the Conference Championship situation. I do think it is a bit unbalanced to tell the best team in the North that they don't get to play, especially this late in the game.

I am however extremely annoyed that the conference hasn't done anything to make sure CU and USC play each other ahead of the conference championship.
They did try though, espn/abc said moving ucla usc out of that slot on Saturday was a no go. This could all be pointless anyways unless we win but there is Tim after the game on Saturday to move things around if they decide to. Having a ranked matchup in the pac 12 champ game to atleast try and give usc a bump could be the motivation needed. We will see

They did try though, espn/abc said moving ucla usc out of that slot on Saturday was a no go. This could all be pointless anyways unless we win but there is Tim after the game on Saturday to move things around if they decide to. Having a ranked matchup in the pac 12 champ game to atleast try and give usc a bump could be the motivation needed. We will see
Where did you see anything about the Pac 12 trying to change this week's schedule but the network being the one saying no?

This is the week where sticking with the run game will really matter. Early success probably will not be there.

Yes, but . . . Broussard is really good at gaining positive yards even when there's defensive penetration. He also seems to break long runs at random times, meaning not necessarily when the defense is tired. I guess I'm saying there's a decent shot at early success, especially if we define it as first downs.

I don't want to take anything from the program or what Dorrell has done thus far as it has been awesome. However, Utah is a lot better than their record. They are not the 2019 team good, but I do think they are an 7-8 win type team with a regular season. They barely, and I mean barely practiced leading up to USC because of COVID. That lead to five turnovers the first game and then four turnovers the second game. I don't know if the USC game would have been a win without those, but most certainly the Washington game would have. They seem to have settled on a QB, which has helped. They will force Noyer to beat them with his arm and they have the talent and scheme to stop the run.

Different year, different coaching, so I get that, but we have not matched up with this program well since 2016. This is by far the most difficult game on the schedule.

We also need Purcell back in the worst way. Jynes will get absolutely murdered if he is playing.

Yes, but . . . Broussard is really good at gaining positive yards even when there's defensive penetration. He also seems to break long runs at random times, meaning not necessarily when the defense is tired. I guess I'm saying there's a decent shot at early success, especially if we define it as first downs.
I do like seeing his annoyed face when the OL allows penetration enabling a TFL

True. I just expect a bit of an ugly first half. Then all bets are off after halftime.

If we can get a couple explosive plays, I really like our chances. This game is going to be low scoring.
Agreed. Getting any momentum in the run game should help with play action. As duff said above, they need to stay committed but I think Noyer will absolutely need to make some plays with his arm that we haven't seen before, or at least not make any back breaking mistakes.

Back