What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dana Holgorsen - HC West Virginia

Who's gonna pay the 99 cents for his public records?

ok, daddy warbucks.... what do we look like around here, a bunch of stanford grads who can torch one dollar bills to light their cigars?

we're state school grads. i thought you'd be more sensitive to this sort of classism as a cal fan.

ok, daddy warbucks.... what do we look like around here, a bunch of stanford grads who can torch one dollar bills to light their cigars?

we're state school grads. i thought you'd be more sensitive to this sort of classism as a cal fan.

Just a dollar bill?!?

hey man, we need those untorched dollar bills. they're all going in a giant golden wheel-barrel, filled with cash and jewels, to be laid at the feet of our unicorn coach, as an offering.

no, i was expressing my surprise that stanford grads only use one dollar bill to light their cigars, i was expecting something slightly more valuable

no, i was expressing my surprise that stanford grads only use one dollar bill to light their cigars, i was expecting something slightly more valuable

sure, THEY probably do. i was talking about how broke we allegedly are. how can us poor modest little Buffs possibly pay for a coach? we must save our pennies and nickels and such. i suppose we could do like cal grads and panhandle in berkeley?

i kid. i kid.

I don't really want either of his coordinators. I've kind of soured on Spavital as OC after reading some comments. On offense, I want Dana calling plays so I wouldn't mind keeping Chev in that scenario. Or, he's friends with Stitt and they're connected on the coaching tree. Could bring him up from Okie Lite. With DC, Tony Gibson is a West Virginia hometown boy and lifer who only left for a bit to follow RichRod before returning. I think we'd need a guy like Gibbs or Grinch who knows how to coordinate and deal with the challenges of that job when you run this style of offense.
I like Stitt more than most here, and I think he's a pretty sharp offensive mind. I wonder if there would be support for a Holgo HC Chev/Stitt Co-OC combo. It would be a good way to save some money on the coordinators because Holgerson will not be as cheap as a lot of the options being discussed, but Holgo would definitely be training those two on how to be P5 OCs. I have to think that Stitt's probably still pretty well-connected in the Colorado HS coaching community, which would check a box for me.

I like Stitt more than most here, and I think he's a pretty sharp offensive mind. I wonder if there would be support for a Holgo HC Chev/Stitt Co-OC combo. It would be a good way to save some money on the coordinators because Holgerson will not be as cheap as a lot of the options being discussed, but Holgo would definitely be training those two on how to be P5 OCs. I have to think that Stitt's probably still pretty well-connected in the Colorado HS coaching community, which would check a box for me.
IIRC, Holgerson has given Stitt credit for basically inventing the Fly Sweep that goes down as a pass but is basically a handoff, so there could be precedent for that.

Prayer candle lit

couch-candle.jpg

Why are we still on the "Chiv co-OC" train?

So much that I liked in that piece. Most importantly was the growth. Sounded like he's actually thinking about his defense now, worrying about the CEO of the program stuff and actually taking the time to care about people -- not just the mad scientist offensive genius who couldn't be bothered with much else. That's the progression I wanted to hear that he is making.

So much that I liked in that piece. Most importantly was the growth. Sounded like he's actually thinking about his defense now, worrying about the CEO of the program stuff and actually taking the time to care about people -- not just the mad scientist offensive genius who couldn't be bothered with much else. That's the progression I wanted to hear that he is making.
Dang that's sexy. I am more convinced than ever his agent is just using us for a raise, but this was my fav part:

At Texas Tech, Holgorsen coached the inside receivers, and Harrell remembers them as the toughest unit on the team. Holgorsen makes his guys work, and that toughness endears him to folks in Morgantown. .

There's a risk with that, too, in terms of the players on the roster and their parents.
That's going to be an "issue" with any new coach. These kids and their parents bought into MM and his "McLovin" personality. There's a place for that, but I think MM went too far in that direction and it was almost too coddly. You think players are coddled by and look to Saban, Kirby Smart, Harbaugh, Meyer, etc as a father figure? Part of taking the next step for this program is getting rid of the fragile and coddled mentality that seems to have settled in under MM in years 5 and 6.

Interesting how many WVU fans simply couldn't care less if Holgorsen leaves. Remember he was on the hot seat not long ago, but made the adjustments. Could certainly do worse.

On Spavital, still haven't seen a fan base where he's coached say good things about him.

Interesting how many WVU fans simply couldn't care less if Holgorsen leaves. Remember he was on the hot seat not long ago, but made the adjustments. Could certainly do worse.

On Spavital, still haven't seen a fan base where he's coached say good things about him.
I really hope WVU administration has the same thoughts

Back