What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was referring to people who think he should be hiring MacIntyre's staff for him.

Those people are idots.

RG has perspective on playing football, since he did it himself at Illinois.

He's also got strong chops on recruiting for all sports since he has background there. Specific to football, he had years as a non-assistant coordinator where he brought in a #1 class for Illinois and then did great work at CU.

He's got AD administration knowledge since he did that at Vanderbilt after leaving CU.

He gets fundraising in a non-profit, since he ran a children's charity for 5 years.

He understands the business of sports, since he was on the operations revenue and branding side of things for the PGA and Texas Rangers.

But Rick George has not ever been in an AD or football position where he was evaluating or hiring coaches. He's learning on the job with that part of things. No one ever goes into a new job with a perfect work history that makes him/her equally strong and knowledgeable from the jump in every new job responsibility.

Anyway, I think it's insulting to RG as a manager to speculate and assume that he is overstepping and micromanaging. There is no evidence of that.

Vance Joseph

I've been hearing interviews with NFL guys that have nothing but great things to say about Joseph as a coach. He is seemingly one of the top up-and-coming defensive coaches in the NFL, and it's evidenced by the actions the Bengals have taken in blocking the Broncos from interviewing/hiring him.

That would be very cool if it was Joseph. Bengals can't block a college from interviewing him. The only reason I have avoided bringing up his name in the past is I assumed politics would get in the way based on how Joseph departed in 2003. Lots of water under that bridge now, so who knows.

Vance Joseph would be a great hire, and not that it matters, but it's cool he's a Buff. But can't imagine it's gonna happen...he'll be and NFL DC is a year or two.

Those people are idots.

RG has perspective on playing football, since he did it himself at Illinois.

He's also got strong chops on recruiting for all sports since he has background there. Specific to football, he had years as a non-assistant coordinator where he brought in a #1 class for Illinois and then did great work at CU.

He's got AD administration knowledge since he did that at Vanderbilt after leaving CU.

He gets fundraising in a non-profit, since he ran a children's charity for 5 years.

He understands the business of sports, since he was on the operations revenue and branding side of things for the PGA and Texas Rangers.

But Rick George has not ever been in an AD or football position where he was evaluating or hiring coaches. He's learning on the job with that part of things. No one ever goes into a new job with a perfect work history that makes him/her equally strong and knowledgeable from the jump in every new job responsibility.

Anyway, I think it's insulting to RG as a manager to speculate and assume that he is overstepping and micromanaging. There is no evidence of that.
Rep to Nik for summarizing the credibility and credentials RG brings to the table. He is a total stud and was the first demonstration that the administration was finally appreciating and willing to invest in sports.

And the reason RG walks on water is that dude pullled off a major fundraise fresh off the plane and got facilities funded and under construction in no time. To me he is more untouchable than MM by a long shot, but HCMM prior success at other schools and the clear demonstration of improvement on field and the fact he was by most accounts willing to push out his DC for good reason, have me believing he can at least get us back to respectability.

Sorry....just wishful thinking.
I could see scenarios where it could play out that way. It looks like Cincy is not letting him out of his contract. I think they can´t do anything about it if he went to college football. Maybe he is annoyed as hell that Cincy is not releasing him to allow him to improve his career by becoming DC of a contending team in a state he used to live in.

He could be wanting out and to basically tell Cincy to go f themselves. He might actually prefer coaching in college to the NFL. Or he might be OK with testing his mettle as a DC in college, at his alma mater no less, before hopefully going back to the NFL. It is possible but probably not going to happen.

Gotta be careful with boyd - he's like that pesky little sunfish that snaps at everything when you drop your bait in the water trying to get the big bass or trout.

After sifting through more or less this entire thread, it seems that most people don't believe we'll pull a big name/"wow factor" DC. Hypothetically, what would everyone's opinion be if Vance Joseph ended up being the hire?

After sifting through more or less this entire thread, it seems that most people don't believe we'll pull a big name/"wow factor" DC. Hypothetically, what would everyone's opinion be if Vance Joseph ended up being the hire?

What is it called when you hit the ball over the fence in baseball? Let's be real though we are setting ourselves up for failure discussing this.

I've learned to have few, if any, expectations from this program, so disappointment really isn't possible.

Considering that Vance Joseph would be an NFL DC right now if his current team weren't c0ckblocking him, my opinion would be "stoked." Vance will be a head coach someday, his reputation is apparently incredible. Great for him.

I am not. I have no sources and no clue.

Just hopeful.
giphy.gif

Gotta be careful with boyd - he's like that pesky little sunfish that snaps at everything when you drop your bait in the water trying to get the big bass or trout.

So i am a sunfish. Not really sure what that is but pesky little doesn't sound too complimentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume VJ is under a contract which would require him to "buy out" if he left, for sure, for another NFL team but maybe even for any reason if he were to opt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back