What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

GO DAWGS!!!

Flexing Nfl Network GIF by Taylor Bisciotti

No they want someone to take EB so they can promote Kafka. That at least according to all my friends who are chiefs fans. They’re more worried about Kafka getting hired away. They know Reid runs the offense and would gladly take the picks in return for someone hiring EB.
200.gif

Did the broncos bother to interview EB? Sounds like they acted quickly, fearing someone else would get their guy.

The "hot" white offensive guy from GB, or the black one from KC? No question for 99% of the nfl bosses.

Did the broncos bother to interview EB? Sounds like they acted quickly, fearing someone else would get their guy.

The "hot" white offensive guy from GB, or the black one from KC? No question for 99% of the nfl bosses.
Yes they interviewed EB, along with 9 other candidates. EB has been interviewed 20something times over the past few years. Maybe it’s time to suggest there’s something else holding teams back other than his skin color.

I think it may be time for EB to either decide he is OK being the OC for Andy Reid for the rest of his career or to find an OC job somewhere else. He needs to get out of Reid’s shadow if he wants a HC job at some point. Fair or not, I think that’s the reality.

I think it may be time for EB to either decide he is OK being the OC for Andy Reid for the rest of his career or to find an OC job somewhere else. He needs to get out of Reid’s shadow if he wants a HC job at some point. Fair or not, I think that’s the reality.
Agreed, he has to have his own body of work, and I think that moving to another staff as the OC and Playcaller is the next step. If that offense goes well for 2 years, he gets back to the top of the hot coach list

Agreed, he has to have his own body of work, and I think that moving to another staff as the OC and Playcaller is the next step. If that offense goes well for 2 years, he gets back to the top of the hot coach list
For a guy that has been interviewed by over half the league and hasn't received an offer should tell you something.

Pretty risky move to leave possibly the best QB in the league. Say he moves to another team, things don't go well and he is let go. His next job is back to coaching running backs.

For a guy that has been interviewed by over half the league and hasn't received an offer should tell you something.

Pretty risky move to leave possibly the best QB in the league. Say he moves to another team, things don't go well and he is let go. His next job is back to coaching running backs.
No Risk, No Reward

Agreed that coaching Mahomes for another 10 years and maybe waiting for Reid to retire and then taking those reins is a possibility.

There's a greater than zero chance that the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, the Kool Aid man retires, and EB gets the job.

Agreed, but why would he interview? Is this a UT Transition plan behind the scenes?
Because it's not a guarantee the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, it's not a guarantee Andy Reid retires if they do, and if you get offered one of 32 high paying jobs, you most likely take it. Dan Quinn apparently being an exception in this cycle, but he's already been a head coach so he can probably be more selective.

Because it's not a guarantee the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, it's not a guarantee Andy Reid retires if they do, and if you get offered one of 32 high paying jobs, you most likely take it. Dan Quinn apparently being an exception in this cycle, but he's already been a head coach so he can probably be more selective.
I think that Coach Toub would get the head job to be honest and they would count on EB to stay as the full OC

But what? He may indeed have other issues, but it's clear the nfl has not embraced black coaches. For years most teams would not use black QBs (you know, they're not that smart).
Another thought is that the Broncos may hope Rogers follows
A lot of people say EB does not call the plays. Is this certain?

But what? He may indeed have other issues, but it's clear the nfl has not embraced black coaches. For years most teams would not use black QBs (you know, they're not that smart).
Another thought is that the Broncos may hope Rogers follows
A lot of people say EB does not call the plays. Is this certain?
He calls the play verbally to Mahomes helmet, and I am sure he has an opinion, but Andy Reid makes THE play calls through to EB's headset

I'd even say he has to be more selective because I am not sure you get a third chance to be a HC in the NFL unless you did really well in either of your first two stops, but solely financially speaking all it takes is one HC contract to give you financial security for the rest of your life even if you get fired after a year.

Back