What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

Mahomes to Cousins.

Home Alone Kevin GIF
Yeah. But if Rodgers leaves GB then Cousins might be the best QB in the Division. It's not a horrible situation.

Josh McDaniels was good at his Broncos interview. We don't know if EB es good or not at his interviews. What we have is speculation.

If EB was white and spoke more eloquently he would be a HC by now. I am totally convinced of this
So bears just hired a man of color as their new GM. He was in KC THE ENTIRE TIME EB WAS. He’s seen behind the curtain. He’s seen who does what with that KC offense. He’s seen them in their natural state, not in a nerve racking interview process. He chose to take the colts DC over EB. That tells me all i need to know.

If you can’t speak eloquently than you are not going to be an NFL head coach no matter what color you are.
"eloquently" might be a higher standard than required, but you make a good point. HC responsibilities include holding press conferences, reporting to billionaire owners, doing PR for the team, communicating their strategy / vision to players as well as assistant coaches, communicating player skill needs to the GM and "working the refs". HCs also participate in groups like the Competition Committee. A person who doesn't verbally communicate well is going to struggle in all those areas.

that being said, I haven't heard Bieniemy speak recently (maybe ever) and can't comment on his specific verbal communication skills.

Given that almost 60% of the NFL are Black men, if I was an owner, I'd bias toward hiring a Black HC, on the (possibly naïve) assumption they'd relate better to more of the players. I'm sure there are some racist owners leaning against giving opportunities to Black HCs, but I also doubt the majority of NFL owners are racist. These are people who wanted to get into a business where over 50% of their employees are Black and where most of their labor expense goes to making Black guys into millionaires -- that doesn't intuitively seem like something many racists are going to venture into.

So bears just hired a man of color as their new GM. He was in KC THE ENTIRE TIME EB WAS. He’s seen behind the curtain. He’s seen who does what with that KC offense. He’s seen them in their natural state, not in a nerve racking interview process. He chose to take the colts DC over EB. That tells me all i need to know.
That's been a big topic on the radio this morning. It might just be speculation, couldn't tell you, I don't know the inner workings of the Bears organization. Short version is whether the GM was the one who made the hire or someone higher up made it for him. Again, no idea if that's how it went down. What I do know is, they better find someone who can work with QBs, Fields needs the help.

That's been a big topic on the radio this morning. It might just be speculation, couldn't tell you, I don't know the inner workings of the Bears organization. Short version is whether the GM was the one who made the hire or someone higher up made it for him. Again, no idea if that's how it went down. What I do know is, they better find someone who can work with QBs, Fields needs the help.
Supposedly he had his pick of GM jobs. Hard to believe he’d take one where he didn’t control the head coach pick.

Didn’t quite know where to put this snippet from an article discussing Stephen A. Smith’s reaction to the Broncos’ hire. The assertion is from the article’s author not from Smith:

For Bieniemy, despite his offensive prowess, being on the staff at the University of Colorado during their recruiting scandal in the early 2000s could be hurting his chances of getting a head coaching job.”

That’s an astonishing assertion.

Didn’t quite know where to put this snippet from an article discussing Stephen A. Smith’s reaction to the Broncos’ hire. The assertion is from the article’s author not from Smith:

“For Bieniemy, despite his offensive prowess, being on the staff at the University of Colorado during their recruiting scandal in the early 2000s could be hurting his chances of getting a head coaching job.”

That’s an astonishing assertion.

I’m confused about why he is singling out the Broncos

I’m confused about why he is singling out the Broncos.
He was comparing resumes, it wasn’t just about the Broncos failing to hire a black coach. The article’s focus is not really the same as the conversation’s focus.

But the point that struck me was the sentence I quoted, as being insane (and had really nothing to do with anything Smith said): who is thinking about Bieniemy’s time coaching at CU AND blaming him for that made-up recruiting scandel that had nothing to do with him. THAT’s why he isn’t getting a HC job? WAAA?

At this point I think EB is being used.
Teams proclaim he is a candidate, as evidence of their racial tolerance/lack of bias - when they really have no intention of giving him serious consideration.

NFL teams want to win and they want to win with a great QB and high scoring offense. EB is the OC for the most prolific offense in the league over the last handful of years and has been interviewed by half the league over that time. I’m sure each team is just racist, though.

Back