What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bieniemy - OC Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

This is the right situation. We're doing the right thing by reaching out to Eric, and he's probably doing the right thing by entertaining a chat with us. Odds of getting him were always low. He probably succeeds Reid in a year or two.
He is playing it smart, and he truly loves CU and the only reason there is not an official no is maybe he is concerned about who we may choose? Good pub for all! I hop Zac Taylor gets canned at Cincy and EB gets that job in 2021, that is his NFL home team and Taylor is a Fusker and that roster is slowly getting its talent built up. Crappy ownership unfortunately

If they end up with Burrow or Herbert, and have one more bad season, puts them drafting high in back to back years. That’s a great gig.

It's not it is a dysfunctional franchise, with a limited budget, in a dying part of the country, add to that an average at best front office and ownership- that's a bad recipe for success.

By your measure of high draft picks all of the consistently ****ty teams in the NFL should be great gig's. There is a reason they never are.

Last edited:
EB would have been fun but at this point in his career he is an NFL guy.

He is also a guy with a very good shot in the near future at one of the 32 jobs that many coaches consider the pinnacle of the profession.

Yes I know that there are a number of college coaches who make more than most pro coaches but the idea of coaching the best players against the best players where they do nothing but football has a certain appeal.

Wouldn't shock me at some time in the future to see EB end up as a college head coach and he has as good a chance of being a winner as most. For right now though he has worked long and hard to get to this point, it would be hard to pass it up for a college job he can get later in his career.

Only jobs that I see possibly coming up are Cincy, San Diego, and Indy
Maybe Miami and NY Jets
San Diego would also be huge for EB
I really hope he isn’t holding out for a job in San Diego, since they don’t have a team anymore.

It's not it is a dysfunctional franchise, with a limited budget, in a ding part of the country, add to that an average at best front office and ownership- that's a bad recipe for success.

By your measure of high draft picks all of the consistently ****ty teams in the NFL should be great gig's. There is a reason they never are.
This is the thing that is tough.

There are a limited number of NFL jobs but a number of franchises are almost guaranteed coaching career killers. The Bengals, the Browns, the Jets, the Skins, and some others are so poorly run that even with multiple high draft choices they aren't going to become winners more than one or two odd years.

**I hope Denver isn't turning into one of those jobs with the dysfunction the Broncos have shown in recent years.

Even if he is not the first choice of RG, he had to be the first one he reached out to. Had to be for many reasons and it sounds like it is working out for both sides. He feels the right appreciation from CU, CU keeps a legend in the fold, and now CU can pursue candidates at tThe college level that make sense (I.e. not McElwain, or Beliema or Chiv).

It's not it is a dysfunctional franchise, with a limited budget, in a ding part of the country, add to that an average at best front office and ownership- that's a bad recipe for success.

Not saying high draft picks is the only key, saying if he gets Burrow, who by most accounts looks to be legit (obviously who knows though) and then has another top 10 pick, with a QB going into hear two, he has a decent chance at success. Finding a QB is the biggest challenge in the NFL. Texans, Bills, Ravens, all saw a noticeable move forward as a franchise with young QBs gaining some experience. Just saying there could be worse situations.

The midwest is pretty great if you get twice your salary, or so I hear.

Klis is going against the vast majority of sources right now in regards to EB, either he's really dumb or more plugged in than anyone

Interesting that ..."The two parties have been in periodic contact, sources tell 9News"
So EB said do your search and interviews and get back to me when you are done?
RG and LC have been keeping EB in the loop on hows things are progressing?
At least it sounds like EB has not closed the door on this yet.

or...RG got EB to play the "game" to get another coach to commit and not draw this out any longer than need be.

Interesting that ..."The two parties have been in periodic contact, sources tell 9News"
So EB said do your search and interviews and get back to me when you are done?
RG and LC have been keeping EB in the loop on hows things are progressing?
At least it sounds like EB has not closed the door on this yet.

or...RG got EB to play the "game" to get another coach to commit and not draw this out any longer than need be.
"ok, I understand that you don't want to be coach here. I respect that. Could you do "dear ol' CU" a favor and maybe even confirm that you're still talking to us so that we have some leverage when we're negotiating with our final candidate(s)?"

I don't buy conspiracy type theories all the time, but I could actually buy this - mainly because there's little downside and some upside for both parties.
I agree, but is a win win for both sides. Without the RG/LC/EB relationship I wouldnt buy it. Obviously that falls into play for this scenario to work out

Back