What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Finally > Kliavkoff P12 gets it

If B1G cuts out ABC/ESPN to partner with NBC & CBS for its "B" content, things get very interesting.

Would have to give K credit for being patient with a strategy of waiting until B1G is done instead of making panic moves. ABC/ESPN have much more money and need if this happens. And it would also mean that Amazon lost out & is out there as a strong "B" or "C" content bidder.

Moves and countermoves.

As much as I hate everything that has happened to college football, and this conference realignment stuff represents everything that is wrong with the game, this is fascinating to observe.

If B1G cuts out ABC/ESPN to partner with NBC & CBS for its "B" content, things get very interesting.

Would have to give K credit for being patient with a strategy of waiting until B1G is done instead of making panic moves. ABC/ESPN have much more money and need if this happens. And it would also mean that Amazon lost out & is out there as a strong "B" or "C" content bidder.
You think he knew ESPN could get shut out? Some intimated it previously. I thought no way.

You think he knew ESPN could get shut out? Some intimated it previously. I thought no way.
I think that when FOX bought that additional stake to get 60% of BTN and then secured the B1G's "A" content, the writing was on the wall.

I think someone in the know could have made a reasonable prediction that FOX, controlling "A" & "C", would push hard for a non-ESPN deal on "B".

Further, if you were thinking those dominoes were likely... the next thought would be FOX having B1G (with USC/UCLA) & MWC leaves ESPN in serious need of western time zone & market content.

I think that when FOX bought that additional stake to get 60% of BTN and then secured the B1G's "A" content, the writing was on the wall.

I think someone in the know could have made a reasonable prediction that FOX, controlling "A" & "C", would push hard for a non-ESPN deal on "B".

Further, if you were thinking those dominoes were likely... the next thought would be FOX having B1G (with USC/UCLA) & MWC leaves ESPN in serious need of western time zone & market content.

The writing was on the wall. Why would the B1G want any content to stay on a network that is obviously all about pimping the SEC? I assume K is plugged into the media landscape.

Good slow play by K.

Maybe everyone was misreading the "scheduling alignment" discussions between the B1G & PAC.

Wondering if Pac could get something in that range or even higher for Tier 1 content?
If we're willing to make our 3 time slots of "A" games a commitment to a Thursday, Friday and Saturday late prime time ("Pac-12 After Dark"), we can probably get that or more. Then we still have our "B" & "C" for second tier networks and streaming.

If we're willing to make our 3 time slots of "A" games a commitment to a Thursday, Friday and Saturday late prime time ("Pac-12 After Dark"), we can probably get that or more. Then we still have our "B" & "C" for second tier networks and streaming.
Define “late prime time”. Are we talking about 7:00 Mountain time? That I can live with. Make it any later than that and I get grumpy.

Define “late prime time”. Are we talking about 7:00 Mountain time? That I can live with. Make it any later than that and I get grumpy.
For Mountain Time, kickoffs around probably 8:30 on Saturday and 7:30 on Thu & Fri.

For Mountain Time, kickoffs around probably 8:30 on Saturday and 7:30 on Thu & Fri.
Disluke, but I’ll survive. It’s worse in November for those late games. If they can figure out a way to be relevant again, the kickoff time will be the least of my concerns. And if they don’t find a way back to relevance, I can always leave at halftime.

If the 1:30 MDT B1G B package was 380, what’s this?
Hopefully in a range of B1G/SEC money that gives us a puncher's chance like small market pro baseball teams that deal with significant disadvantages but can still win the championship sometimes.

It would be a royal pain in the ass, though, which is why it's available.

13 weeks X 3 After Dark games = 39

Our highest-ranked and most popular teams would get selected most often. It would be tough to maintain attendance and also tough to avoid upsets if playing such difficult home game slots. Throw in that you'd get tabbed for conference road games, too, so it's feasible that a program at the top of the conference could play in 8 or 9 of those a year.

For a case study on how that can bring a program which has things rolling back down to earth, look no further than what the MWC media deal did to Boise State.

ESPN takes some of the B/C content. Ideally, its the C. I'd rather deal with them than some new player after the disaster that the P12N was. Wilner was on an Iowa State podcast and he mentioned Turner as a player for the Pac. Might work for like B games.

ESPN takes some of the B/C content. Ideally, its the C. I'd rather deal with them than some new player after the disaster that the P12N was. Wilner was on an Iowa State podcast and he mentioned Turner as a player for the Pac. Might work for like B games.
Turner does a great job with NBA and the Dance. Makes sense. They could get in the football business while getting a lot of quality hoops content which would probably include a "Game of the Week" for CBS. Football is certainly king, but it's valuable basketball property for this buyer, too.

Yeah, I think locking down those late-night slots on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday makes sense. It's not like the Pac has a lot of wiggle room here. However, if that is the case and you can get around that $40 mil for tier 1 content (probably wishful thinking but maybe possible) that's not bad at all.

ESPN streaming/Apple/Amazon with that tier 2 and 3.

The more you look at this, the more the Big 12 is SOL

Turner does a great job with NBA and the Dance. Makes sense. They could get in the football business while getting a lot of quality hoops content which would probably include a "Game of the Week" for CBS. Football is certainly king, but it's valuable basketball property for this buyer, too.
They were good with the NHL as well. Also, I’m pretty sure the Vickers TD was on TBS.

Back