What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Finally > Kliavkoff P12 gets it

Thought about this as well. If TBS and TNT put together a CFB show like what they have with the NBA and now the NHL, that would be fantastic.

It's perfect for the P12 also -- they could come on before the later window game and again after like they do with the NBA playoffs before and after the west coast late night playoff games.

That said, the NBA show works because of an unbelievable chemistry between Chuck, EJ, and Kenny. You can't just recreate that. They'd need to have the right people. The NHL show does pretty well, but it's not the same thing.

It's perfect for the P12 also -- they could come on before the later window game and again after like they do with the NBA playoffs before and after the west coast late night playoff games.

That said, the NBA show works because of an unbelievable chemistry between Chuck, EJ, and Kenny. You can't just recreate that. They'd need to have the right people. The NHL show does pretty well, but it's not the same thing.
Agreed, they would need to find the right people to make it work, but there are so many out there that I think they could. I thought the NHL one was really good for the first season of it. Hockey is tough because it's just not as well known and there isn't anyone like Shaq or Barkley. Gretzky was awesome, but he doesn't have the personality of those two. Bissonette was great and that's the type of guy you need for CFB.

Agreed, they would need to find the right people to make it work, but there are so many out there that I think they could. I thought the NHL one was really good for the first season of it. Hockey is tough because it's just not as well known and there isn't anyone like Shaq or Barkley. Gretzky was awesome, but he doesn't have the personality of those two. Bissonette was great and that's the type of guy you need for CFB.
Bissonette was fantastic. Gretzky was fine, albeit incredibly biased. Dude said the Oilers would advance to the finals. Oops. I get it, though. Bottom line was that he was great for those broadcasts. He was terrific. How to replicate that in CFB? I dunno. Need some big personalities with strong ties to college football. Brian Bosworth comes to mind. What’s he doing these days, anyway?
Maybe Andrew Luck?

Spurrier
Virk
McAfee
Pete

Back