What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker game week is here (2024 edition)

Actually, having just traveled to Omaha for work, it is the complete opposite. You don't see posts like this over on their boards. CU is certainly not in their heads. They know it will be a very good, emotional game. Until their recent 10-year collapse under embarrassing leadership, we have been their little bitch for decades...and you know it. This is the crap I despise about CU fans. Many continue reveling in being the azzhole instead of taking the high ground. Be better.

Good post. We may not see a better defensive front all year. If we struggled on the interior line against NDSU, what do you think they will do to us? We are NOT going to be able to run the ball effectively with the garbage we have on the IOL. Shadeur will need to throw for nearly 500 to win it. I think he can, even against their secondary. We have the best WR core in the country hands down, so they won't shut us down. But we are inferior on both sides of the line and that is never a good thing.

We never played in front of more than 57K last year while on the road. 90K is different. So you sir, are 100% spot on. I decided to watch the UTEP game last night on YT and they were called for three false stats early in the game and were forced to call two early timeouts as well. Playing the Fusker fight song at practice on low as Sanders did this week won't even compare. Better hope this new line is adept at communication.

Actually, we are not. That would be Iowa, far and away. We haven't been relevant enough for this to be the case. Time to seek out your safe space.

Does it look like we are their Superbowl based on these thread topics? No profanity, no hositility. No claiming we are their Superbowl. Basically one thread talking about the game, as it appears each week.

View attachment 75517

Now that's some real tough guy talk right there. I'm sure their fans are trembling.
You are doing this wrong.

Actually, having just traveled to Omaha for work, it is the complete opposite. You don't see posts like this over on their boards. CU is certainly not in their heads. They know it will be a very good, emotional game. Until their recent 10-year collapse under embarrassing leadership, we have been their little bitch for decades...and you know it. This is the crap I despise about CU fans. Many continue reveling in being the azzhole instead of taking the high ground. Be better.
thanks for stopping by. thank you for the thoughtful post. i have deeply reflected on your comments. i tried to not discount the melania style finish.

here is what i have concluded, after prayer, thoughts, reflection, and meditation (aided by peyote of course):

Episode 11 Showtime GIF by Shameless

I don't like this post...
anders holm GIF by Workaholics

It's weird that the great CU fan soundfisher hasn't noticed more energy from nebraska fans. It seems like they would be really hyped for this game after losing the last three (of four in this recent series).

Well, I guess it's just a disimpassioned, back to work mentality in Lincoln. They're certainly not passionate enough to visit another team's fan site and troll.

**** you

Bring back the student section?
Student section sign
Good post. We may not see a better defensive front all year. If we struggled on the interior line against NDSU, what do you think they will do to us? We are NOT going to be able to run the ball effectively with the garbage we have on the IOL. Shadeur will need to throw for nearly 500 to win it. I think he can, even against their secondary. We have the best WR core in the country hands down, so they won't shut us down. But we are inferior on both sides of the line and that is never a good thing.
Shedeur* dumbass

Just noticing. We have only one ILB listed in the two-deep who is not graduating this year… Wester: 3rd string 6’0” 200lbs (a Jr.)

Portal life is really odd.
That also jumped out to me. The defense in general will need to be completely restocked for 2025, but the ILBs (really the middle of the defense) in particular.

At least we won't miss (checks last 2 years grades) ANY of them

It's almost if the position coach has no idea what he's doing. <Gasp>
I'll provide the excuses before they come.

Something something, defensive line not helping them. Something something Trevor had the second most tackles. Something something look at how other team's linebackers are playing.

I'll provide the excuses before they come.

Something something, defensive line not helping them. Something something Trevor had the second most tackles. Something something look at how other team's linebackers are playing.
Lol you and Da Lama need to go touch some grass on the LB situation. It's nowhere near as bad right now as you are making it out to be. Both Woods and Bentley were solid in week one and the grades prove that out. I'm hoping to see more of NHG this week, though.

Lol you and Da Lama need to go touch some grass on the LB situation. It's nowhere near as bad right now as you are making it out to be. Both Woods and Bentley were solid in week one and the grades prove that out. I'm hoping to see more of NHG this week, though.
I agree it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Bentley played well because it was a run first offense. Let's see how he does against pass heavy teams. Woods may have graded out well, but he still needs work. Both are slow on their reads. Green needs more PT that's for sure. I'm cautiously hopeful.

I think it's pretty clear, our OL is the big question mark. The pressure was too strong last week, and the NDSU 'D' was not nearly as good as neb's will be.
Can they protect Shedeur? Can they open decent holes for the running game? Both?
I think they would normally improve 5 - 10%, 1st game to 2nd, but we need more than that.

I never count on 'trick plays', but I think Shurmur needs to come up with things that surprise neb and keep them off-balance. That's a lot to ask. We also need good luck.

Somehow, the Buffs win.

Actually, we are not. That would be Iowa, far and away. We haven't been relevant enough for this to be the case. Time to seek out your safe space.

Does it look like we are their Superbowl based on these thread topics? No profanity, no hositility. No claiming we are their Superbowl. Basically one thread talking about the game, as it appears each week.

View attachment 75517
And yet. Here. You. Are.

So you went to Omaha for work and looked at their "boards"? Is this something you can only do when in Omaha? Do they put up cork boards all over town where people post their 100% positive feelings about the corn? Because, surely you aren't talking about Husker Max, etc.

I agree it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Bentley played well because it was a run first offense. Let's see how he does against pass heavy teams. Woods may have graded out well, but he still needs work. Both are slow on their reads. Green needs more PT that's for sure. I'm cautiously hopeful.
We obviously don’t have a couple roquan smiths in the middle who can do it all. It’s Livingston job to make sure he’s calling the defense so the LBs are locked into man coverage often.

Regardless, I think their priority is stopping the run and allowing our DBs stop the mid to long range passing game. If teams are going to dink and dunk with TEs and RBs, I think they’re fine with that and will adjust when needed.

We obviously don’t have a couple roquan smiths in the middle who can do it all. It’s Livingston job to make sure he’s calling the defense so the LBs are locked into man coverage often.

Regardless, I think their priority is stopping the run and allowing our DBs stop the mid to long range passing game. If teams are going to dink and dunk with TEs and RBs, I think they’re fine with that and will adjust when needed.

I think between you and @Da Lama, you guys have the D end. Woods PFF'd decent, perhaps the score box people love him, but that early RB pass was bad and some other plays did not look great. Looking back, I think that opening gash deflated the D's overall confidence early, giving up rather than siezing momentum--but they built until the 4th Q. I'd say Bentley was solid/good, but not a clean sheet either. Also, it is not like an OLB/Buck/DE had a huge games--however, Hayes and others did make some plays. S play did not stand out either. Riley stepping up was huge, but CSC leaving after 3-4 plays was not in CU's plan. CU did shut down a short field and the 1st drive forcing FG's.

Certainly, NO D dominance by any means, but I see some building signs of Livingston's defense: quarter after quarter; half after half; and game after game. D gave up: 48 yards in 2nd Q; 120 yards in 3rd and 4th, ignoring the last drive which just had no business occurring. NDSU's 1st 4Q TD after CU's 8 minute drive was a downer. Also, without that last NDSU drive which is fixible, the D would not be taking as much heat.

Overall, I felt DLine played better overall against a team running all sorts of motion, misdirection, and attacking everywhere on the line. IMO, we have more and deeper talent in the D trenches and that showed on many plays. The LBs, S, and Nickle/Dime just have to link up better. I do not think it is lack of talent, rather coordination that comes with time and gameplanning. Also, NDSU played very mistake free on O.

That said, I like CU's chances against a True Frosh QB and a team with some film (last week, or last season: the Corn have not completely overhauled their O), even taking into account that they are probably bigger and/or may have better RBs than NDSU. Corn's offense may actually simplify some things for the D. Hard to win on the road, but that does not give me a huge concern given the disparity in last year's game. Also, our Oline was not completely exposed, and the O showed it can put up scores in bunches including the fluke INT. CU was 6 of 8 scoring, until their last drive when they should have ran out the clock. Last week, the best starting field position for the Buffs was the CU 28, overall average about the CU 22. I do not think that will happen again throughout the season!

One common assumption that seems to permeate the pro-corn sentiment for this game is that Raiola will be mistake free and play efficiently.

The dude is in his second college game ever and they just expect him to be awesome. That assumption is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Beating up on high schoolers with vanilla defensive play calling is one thing. This is an entirely different animal.

One common assumption that seems to permeate the pro-corn sentiment for this game is that Raiola will be mistake free and play efficiently.

The dude is in his second college game ever and they just expect him to be awesome. That assumption is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Beating up on high schoolers with vanilla defensive play calling is one thing. This is an entirely different animal.
Most of my thought process on this game has been about that. People have selective memories. CFB fans know that talented freshman QBs flash but there's a huge advantage to having a veteran QB. One of the main things I look for going into Buff seasons is how many multi-year starter upperclassman QBs we're going to have to face. Like we saw with NDSU, it's tough to beat those guys. I feel like if it's an underclassman 1st year starter, you're only going to lose if you get whipped elsewhere and the game's not on that QB's shoulders.

View attachment 75517
Ummm, did you read what my comment was in reply to?? my comment was about CSU….

“Also, is CSU even bothering to prepare for Texas? Or are they just gonna go all in on CU?”

next time do a better job on details….

Maybe it's B&G colored glasses, but I like and agree with Barnett's point here. CU was tested by a much tougher team last week and had to work through some adversity, schematic issues, make adjustments, come from behind, and then hold a lead late in the game. Nebraska had a cake walk opponent and sat their starters in the 3rd quarter.

Back