What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

Lots of reasons to lose this game. The main reason was the big play. ksu made the plays when needed. We couldn't stop the run, and we couldn't run the ball.
Once again the Buffs let an average QB look like ****ing Joe Montana. He made the throws when needed and scrambled just enough.
D couldn't come up with the clutch stop when needed.
At least we are fun to watch and have a chance in every game. Hopefully these injuries aren't to serious or it could all go south quick.

But we now need two teams to lose 2 games and KSU to lose 1 while we go undefeated the rest of the way. Only reasonable remaining goal for this team is a bowl game.
Not really. Just need to win out and have BYU and Iowa State each lose one game. Would put CU in a three way tie for second, assuming KSU wins out and takes the #1 spot.

End of the day, it was one conference loss by 3 points to the Big 12 favorite.

What a fun game to watch. The Kansas State "team" played and won the game as opposed to any one or two players making it happen.
Give the KSU coaching staff credit for developing the football program to what it is.

Sitting here and keep shaking my head. It's 4th & 6 with plenty of time. Just get the first down. The only way you throw to that route is if Sheppard is all alone.
Absolutely terrible ending to terribly called offensive game. With potentially KState rushing so many, why run such deep routes where Shedeur has to get rid of the ball or get sacked? Dayden could have snuck out of backfield for easy first down, maybe a big gain, instead he was an obvious blocker and no threat to KState and no option was given him to do that, he did make nice block though. Bad play, bad call and coach Shurmur and Shedeur seemed to lack knowledge Colorado did not have to go deep.. at all.. first get in FG range, this needed to be the situational goal. The bad plays and worse situational "offensive" play calls are the real reason CU lost. Not Shilo and not the OLine..

Last edited:
Extremely disappointed in how we saw none of the running game, allowing the KSU defense completely and totally to tee off on the pass rush every single play.
This is not designed to make Shedeur win the Heisman trophy, it's designed to get him killed.

I am stunned that we abandoned what we did with success in Orlando after a bye week.
I was like "Ok, that bull**** is behind us, let's play real football" and then to see that puke again last night is just so disappointing. The entire RB room should go on strike.

Next day reflections:

1. Shilo was an absolute Clown Show.
2. The OL wasn't great much of the game, but SS2 needs to stop running backwards under pressure. The 15 yard sack-a-thon has to end.
3. I can't even begin to count how many holding calls the referees missed on KSU.
4. The non-call PI at the end of the game should be investigated by the FBI.
5. I think Prime will be a better coach without his kids on the roster.
6. That was a winnable game that we let slip though our fingers.
7. Kinda mad they lost, but it was still an enjoyable game to watch.

Next day reflections:

1. Shilo was an absolute Clown Show.
2. The OL wasn't great much of the game, but SS2 needs to stop running backwards under pressure. The 15 yard sack-a-thon has to end.
3. I can't even begin to count how many holding calls the referees missed on KSU.
4. The non-call PI at the end of the game should be investigated by the FBI.
5. I think Prime will be a better coach without his kids on the roster.
6. That was a winnable game that we let slip though our fingers.
7. Kinda mad they lost, but it was still an enjoyable game to watch.
They missed a lot of holding on both teams. Hank and Houston was having a holdathon. The refs had a rough night like Shilo

Shilo should have taken himself out of the game in the second quarter after he realized he did not have it, Livingston should have subbed him out at halftime, so the real tragedy was him playing the whole game. It severely limited the defenses cohesiveness of having the final run fits locked in as he missed so many tackles. In person it was really sad and embarrassing

Back