What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

Please. Didn't UCF show us when you run the ball the O-line magically becomes more effective? If SS would take the short passes or throw the ball away the sack number magically goes down too. Two years in a row, with different players and different coaches tells you it's not entirely on the O-line.

There were very few short routes that were open. KState's game plan was to press us and hope the pass rush got there before our receivers beat their DBs 10+ yards downfield. It was effective, I guess, given the number of sacks they got and how terrible our run game was. We all also got 300+ years passing and damn near won the game, so, you know....

The KST fans were total dbags
In line at the troughs in Balch, as I was two away from the trough, some K State guy just forced his way past the line and took an opening right as it came available.

I made the comment loud enough that he could hear “guess they don’t understand how lines work in Kansas”

Dude then shoved me three times, was yelling at me while I went to pee, and called me a libtard 😂😂

In line at the troughs in Balch, as I was two away from the trough, some K State guy just forced his way past the line and took an opening right as it came available.

I made the comment loud enough that he could hear “guess they don’t understand how lines work in Kansas”

Dude then shoved me three times, was yelling at me while I went to pee, and called me a libtard 😂😂

As I said above, I forgot how ****ty they are. I saw about 5 guys trying to fight anyone they could.

Did Smalls play a single down last night? I just don't understand how we were so effective running 11 personnel against UCF and effectively didn't do it at all last night.

I can blame Shedeur for checking out of runs and playing hero ball all night, but the coaches are the ones sending the players onto the field.

Did Smalls play a single down last night? I just don't understand how we were so effective running 11 personnel against UCF and effectively didn't do it at all last night.

I can blame Shedeur for checking out of runs and playing hero ball all night, but the coaches are the ones sending the players onto the field.

Yeah, he was in there. He just wasn't effective.

How open was Wester?

That's DPI. No way that ball was uncatchable. That's just stupid - you can eliminate that element. DB did look back and locate the ball early (which admittedly complicates things) but then he didn't make a play on the ball - just ran into Shepherd. He also had his arm around Shep's waist for the last five yards.

That's called DPI 80% of the time.

That's DPI. No way that ball was uncatchable. That's just stupid - you can eliminate that element. DB did look back and locate the ball early (which admittedly complicates things) but then he didn't make a play on the ball - just ran into Shepherd. He also had his arm around Shep's waist for the last five yards.

That's called DPI 80% of the time.

My brother was a high school basketball ref. He told me once that there were refs who would let things slide at the end of games because they just wanted to get out of there. This certainly felt that way on the part of the ref that was right there.

Yes but they treated it like 10 personnel because he was lining up in the slot and not inline. So he wasn’t doing anything to help block. Completely pointless, put a true receiver in there if you’re going to do that. It was idiotic

Yes but they treated it like 10 personnel because he was lining up in the slot and not inline. So he wasn’t doing anything to help block. Completely pointless, put a true receiver in there if you’re going to do that. It was idiotic

They had him lined up as an H-back a couple of times, too, but I don't think they ran out of that formation once. Maybe Shedeur was checking out of runs in that formation, but it seemed odd to line him up back there and then not use him.

It was completely counterproductive to put Smalls in the slot, meanwhile, we could have pistol whipped KState if the CU offense ran play action with motion out of the Pistol with Smalls on the line as TE.
Look at teams like KState that want to run the ball well, most do it using the Pistol, with back behind the QB, not to the side of QB as in the shotgun. Shurmur made statement that CU is a 10P team.. I was dissapointed when he said this and part of me was bracing for what happened, but I was hoping he was trying to deceive KState, hard to believe he intended to run 10P as offense.. terrible.. hard to watch.

At least half those sacks were on shedeur. Dallan Hayden missed openings and CU eventually completely abandoned the run. The OLine was not the problem last night
I agree. I saw some development in our pass blocking last night. I saw stunting DL being passed off from one OL to another appropriately and with both the OG and OT being on the same page/call.

Sure, there were some misses and guys just getting beat, but we actually blocked 5 on 5 and gave SS time to throw far more than earlier in the year.

What a fun game to watch. The Kansas State "team" played and won the game as opposed to any one or two players making it happen.
Give the KSU coaching staff credit for developing the football program to what it is.
I really didn’t think they were that good. They weren’t bad, not even close, but they weren’t 18th in nation good.

The DL appeared to be outmanned, but #31 is a beast. Great vision, quick feet, and strong enough to carry people. It seemed like the DL stacked things up a few plays that turned into positive yardage just because that running back made things happen on his own.

I don't know if he is married with the man coverage or CP is. Calling heavy man coverage in that situation is crazy. Like, why?
KSU stated that drive with almost 4 mins. So they could run and take their time. We had to keep playing our Bear Front to slow down their running game. That sort of requires man on the outside.

Also, I thought over the course of the game, we came to believe their passing game was not great, and if they were going to beat us, I think we chose to make them beat us passing. Unfortunately they did.

At least half those sacks were on shedeur. Dallan Hayden missed openings and CU eventually completely abandoned the run. The OLine was not the problem last night

Holy **** Hayden missed a hole the size of an Abrams tank in the first quarter, and instead ran into either Benson's or Brown's back.

It felt like we never ran off left tackle last night, which is where we had the most success against ****bailer and UCF. Mayers and Seaton seem to get movement, the right seems to get 0 movement.

KSU stated that drive with almost 4 mins. So they could run and take their time. We had to keep playing our Bear Front to slow down their running game. That sort of requires man on the outside.

Also, I thought over the course of the game, we came to believe their passing game was not great, and if they were going to beat us, I think we chose to make them beat us passing. Unfortunately they did.

I agree, but it was 3 minutes and they were on their on their 15. Plus we didn't have our #1 CB. And they needed 6. I think it was a mistake to not go zone.

I get that Livingston was probably worried about them gashing is with the run with 3 minutes left, but with no Travis, you had to go zone and keep everything in front of you. Such a bad choice.

It was probably PI at the end, but we are TERRIBLE in the last 2 minutes of a half so I'm not sure it would have mattered. Maybe we get a long FG attempt which we probably wouldn't have made.

Shedeur did as much to cause sacks as the OL did. Step up in the pocket and get rid of the ball. I think he did it twice all game and both ended up in completions, one was a TD. The rest of the time he would try to escape the pocket and it didn't work.

KSU fans are dicks. I guess I forgot that. They talked so much ****. Annoying.

I don't think I remember walking out of Folsom with a pit in my stomach like that since the OT Nub game in 1999.

Oh, and on the off chance the drunken morons that sit behind us in section 215 are on Allbuffs - not all calls against us are bad calls, and if the refs reviewed every play you wanted reviewed, the game wouldn't have ended til 2 am.
I really wasn't that drunk.

Like Baylor, we should not have even been in the game.
10 rushing attempts for the entire game for 21 yards.
KSU ran for a ton. 40 carries nearly 5 yard average (although we shut them down in the 4th quarter in their running game).
Shedeur sacked 6 times and under pressure at most times, took hits, found a way.

KSU had to beat us with the passing game and the D couldn't come up with it.
I was very surprised our D gave up 85 yards in 3 plays on the decision drive to let KSU go ahead.

KSU shows you how good coaching makes a good difference.
They dominated the trenches on both sides (once again). Complete domination.
They are doing it with 3-star kids not making a ton of NIL.

KSU totally deserved the W yet we almost stole another one.

Shermur is the worst College OC in the game today.
They are doing it with a lot of experience in the trenches. You know, something you need time to bring in and develop. They had so many RS SR and JRs playing in the trenches

When your pp is that small, you can’t wait.

Maybe I was drunk but all the fans around me were really bad. I had a female literally kick me when I told her to move out of my seat

Holy **** Hayden missed a hole the size of an Abrams tank in the first quarter, and instead ran into either Benson's or Brown's back.

It felt like we never ran off left tackle last night, which is where we had the most success against ****bailer and UCF. Mayers and Seaton seem to get movement, the right seems to get 0 movement.
More Augustave/Welch at TB, please. Also, against UCF Smalls motioned into the H back position and then pulled to block at the point of attack on several running plays, which was effective. That seemed to be missing last night.

Back