What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

@Buffnik, this is what I've found

I believe that, in order to be eligible for a medical redshirt, the player must (1) have a redshirt available, (2) suffer a season-ending injury in the first six games of the season, and (3) not have played more than 7 halves (3.5 games) of football. There are different rules that come into play, if the team plays more than 12 games, but I believe that I stated the general rule.

Tim Cook does not qualify, because he did not (1) have a redshirt available. The NCAA can grant him an additional year, but usually does not, unless a player, at the very minimum, misses parts of two years because of injury. If he were to suffer a second season-ending injury, he may qualify but, from what I have seen, probably would not.
Based on this, he may be eligible for a medical redshirt.

Like Baylor, we should not have even been in the game.
10 rushing attempts for the entire game for 21 yards.
KSU ran for a ton. 40 carries nearly 5 yard average (although we shut them down in the 4th quarter in their running game).
Shedeur sacked 6 times and under pressure at most times, took hits, found a way.

KSU had to beat us with the passing game and the D couldn't come up with it.
I was very surprised our D gave up 85 yards in 3 plays on the decision drive to let KSU go ahead.

KSU shows you how good coaching makes a good difference.
They dominated the trenches on both sides (once again). Complete domination.
They are doing it with 3-star kids not making a ton of NIL.

KSU totally deserved the W yet we almost stole another one.

Shermur is the worst College OC in the game today.

Observations, having watched the game on TV:

1) the KSU RB Giddens will have NFL scouts salivating about him, if he doesn't already. A first rate talent. Blocking was there, but the guy is excellent. That was a SHOW.

2) Shedeur will be a better NFL player than he is a college player, once he's on a team with a professional offense. His bad habits are totally fixable and his accuracy is incredible. CP is blind to the fact that a more balanced offense this year would have helped SS in the draft, rather than exposed his rough spots. Still a high first rounder.

3) I like the parity in the B12; the games are interesting even if no B12 team this year IMO would do very well against the better B1G or SEC teams.

4) I've been a 7-5 guy early on; now it looks like 8-4 is possible. I'll say however that the formula for hanging with or beating CU is to assume that the Buffs can't or won't run the ball and react accordingly if you've got the personal to do so. Not rocket science.

GO Buffs!

Last edited:
Not particularly stoked on 10:15pm eastern start time. Not many people are going to stay up until 1:30am, so not really getting the national audience 👀 on the game.
I have a 7:30am tee time Sunday mornings. Wife is out of town, so I have to get up at 5ish am to walk the dog before golf.
4 hours sleep sucks!
Who schedules this 💩?
I don’t care that you don’t care. GFY!!
Sko Buffs!
It was late but I was able to see it free on YouTube. NDSU BISON are on ESPN 2 next Saturday at 7pm. prime time According to the GAM They are 3 pt underdogs to South Dakota State at The Fabulous Fargo Dome. No odds yet. Hope the AZ game is on YouTube.

KSU ran for a ton. 40 carries nearly 5 yard average (although we shut them down in the 4th quarter in their running game).
Shedeur sacked 6 times and under pressure at most times, took hits, found a way.

I was very surprised our D gave up 85 yards in 3 plays on the decision drive to let KSU go ahead.

Ka-Ching.....

Shilo should have taken himself out of the game in the second quarter after he realized he did not have it, Livingston should have subbed him out at halftime, so the real tragedy was him playing the whole game. It severely limited the defenses cohesiveness of having the final run fits locked in as he missed so many tackles. In person it was really sad and embarrassing
Much like in the days of Cody ball, the coordinators cannot do what they need to do when it comes to the coaches kids. It's just how it is. I do wonder what is going through Livingston's mind watching it happen over and over during the game. Much like I wonder what is going through Shurmur's mind when SS goes deep on the 4th and 6. To be fair though, I also wonder what is going through SS's mind when Shurmur called for 3 yard routes on the same 4th and 6.

It was the same old shvt, you don't get some quality linemen, you'll get your ass whipped. Shadeur put up big numbers but had to run for his life to do it. Don't get me started on Shilo, whatever. @Buffnik brought this up awhile back and it's 100% on point, you build inside out not outside in. I mean, what good is it to have all these good skill position players when you can't even block for them to do anything? Yeah, I get THunt couldn't go and a few others but the oline is a big fvcking problem. Even putting up big numbers, Shaduer had to rush fvcking everything. The line did a little better later on, but we still can't run it or keep a clean pocket for the most part. Jesus Christ, it's not rocket science.

It was the same old shvt, you don't get some quality linemen, you'll get your ass whipped. Shadeur put up big numbers but had to run for his life to do it. Don't get me started on Shilo, whatever. @Buffnik brought this up awhile back and it's 100% on point, you build inside out not outside in. I mean, what good is it to have all these good skill position players when you can't even block for them to do anything? Yeah, I get THunt couldn't go and a few others but the oline is a big fvcking problem. Even putting up big numbers, Shaduer had to rush fvcking everything. The line did a little better later on, but we still can't run it or keep a clean pocket for the most part. Jesus Christ, it's not rocket science.
At least half those sacks were on shedeur. Dallan Hayden missed openings and CU eventually completely abandoned the run. The OLine was not the problem last night

you do understand that we do not want to subscribe to your models, we do not care what you think, and even Russian troll bots are more interesting than you are.

why, oh why, are you still here?
My model is totally proprietary. The most you will get is what I reveal. It’s simply not for sale although some have tried to buy in. I’m still here because I am a Buffs fan. Following this exciting team has been profitable and fun. Did you enjoy last nights game? You would have if you moved early on the 5.5. There’s gold in those Co hills! I just love sports ball!

Please. Didn't UCF show us when you run the ball the O-line magically becomes more effective? If SS would take the short passes or throw the ball away the sack number magically goes down too. Two years in a row, with different players and different coaches tells you it's not entirely on the O-line.

Their DL was just as dominant.
Shedeur has a gift for escaping pressure. He could not escape those D linemen.

I don't remember stopping their running game in the fourth. On that series (third to last, I think) where we got the interception, I was shocked they weren't just running with 31 every play. They could have wrapped it up then and there.

Eh, I thought the OL was okay. Not great by any stretch, but Shedeur ran into the pressure a fair amount.

OTOH, the DL got absolutely smoked.
I thought that we were fine on the left side of our OL, but Hank (just like Shedeur) was getting confused by the defense, which did a great job of disguising things. The right side was overmatched. Benson needs to play. I still don't understand why he's not out RT, too, and has been playing RG all year when healthy.

I thought that we were fine on the left side of our OL, but Hank (just like Shedeur) was getting confused by the defense, which did a great job of disguising things. The right side was overmatched. Benson needs to play. I still don't understand why he's not out RT, too, and has been playing RG all year when healthy.

Very true, especially in the second half.

Please. Didn't UCF show us when you run the ball the O-line magically becomes more effective? If SS would take the short passes or throw the ball away the sack number magically goes down too. Two years in a row, with different players and different coaches tells you it's not entirely on the O-line.
I never said entirely.

Extremely disappointed in how we saw none of the running game, allowing the KSU defense completely and totally to tee off on the pass rush every single play.
This is not designed to make Shedeur win the Heisman trophy, it's designed to get him killed.

I am stunned that we abandoned what we did with success in Orlando after a bye week.
I was like "Ok, that bull**** is behind us, let's play real football" and then to see that puke again last night is just so disappointing. The entire RB room should go on strike.
I think if Shurmur and Shedeur had called a game like the one in Orlando with more counters and traps, never abandoning the running game and running instead of those short of paralell passing plays.. CU wins something like 38-14. It was not the least bit enjoyable to see such a sh*t show when it came to plays called. Props to the players for overcoming such bad play calls though, they almost snatched victory from bad coaching induced defeat. And why abandon the Pistol? The running game did best with it in all games up to now including tonights. Is it because Shedeur does not like it?.. The running backs like it. Also, D is noticeably better against running QB's and the run game with Buell playing vs. Thomas, Barnes and others except the block bully. Why did Buell spend time watching instead of playing, he is a disruptive force inside when playing a good running game. In regards to Carter at safety, he still has far to go improvement wise and influencing and impacting things rather than being a spectator. Also, the cheap tackle on Omarion Miller.. seems Prime and everybody knew that kind of tackle harms players and Miller was hurt bad. Part of that is on KState, I think they were trying to hurt the CU wide outs. Also, has Shedeur lost his love for the game? He does not seem to have that joy and fire he did last year early in the season. It almost seemed like he did not want to rise to the challenge at the end after having done so just a few minutes earlier only to see KState score so quickly and with relative ease.

Last edited:
I get that Livingston was probably worried about them gashing is with the run with 3 minutes left, but with no Travis, you had to go zone and keep everything in front of you. Such a bad choice.

It was probably PI at the end, but we are TERRIBLE in the last 2 minutes of a half so I'm not sure it would have mattered. Maybe we get a long FG attempt which we probably wouldn't have made.

Shedeur did as much to cause sacks as the OL did. Step up in the pocket and get rid of the ball. I think he did it twice all game and both ended up in completions, one was a TD. The rest of the time he would try to escape the pocket and it didn't work.

KSU fans are dicks. I guess I forgot that. They talked so much ****. Annoying.

I don't think I remember walking out of Folsom with a pit in my stomach like that since the OT Nub game in 1999.

Oh, and on the off chance the drunken morons that sit behind us in section 215 are on Allbuffs - not all calls against us are bad calls, and if the refs reviewed every play you wanted reviewed, the game wouldn't have ended til 2 am.

Last edited:
Back