What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

I have a feeling if we don’t see him this week, he’ll sit against Cincy as well and take the second Bye week to get healthy for the stretch run.
man GIF

We have a 2nd bye week?

JFC people. We just aren't that good. OL and DL stink. No TE whatsoever. Going to take time. Portal can't be entire answer. Have ton start recruiting a solid base.

During the Bye week, if you said we’d finish out 2-5 I’d have attacked you. After Saturday, I think.
A three point loss to the #16 team in the country, in which they led with 2 minutes to go has you adjusting down your expectations that much? They lost to a good team.

Do you think Ohio State’s expectations of a Natty changed because of a 1 point loss to Oregon? Alabama’s? Georgia’s?

A three point loss to the #16 team in the country, in which they led with 2 minutes to go has you adjusting down your expectations that much? They lost to a good team.

Do you think Ohio State’s expectations of a Natty changed because of a 1 point loss to Oregon? Alabama’s? Georgia’s?
It’s style to me. Running the ball and playing solid fundamentally was what I expected after UCF.

Instead I saw a team that was badly manhandled and the score didn’t tell the story. We are literally hanging everything on Shedeur miracles.

I don’t know that KSU is a top 16 team after the beating BYU gave them. But I came away with the feeling that we almost stole another one that we didn’t have any business even being in the game.

And the argument that they are bending to the needs of the player is dumb. They are running an offense that gives them the best chance to compete and win. Replace Shedeur with a mediocre QB and try to make this a more balanced team and they are sitting at 1-5 right now. Like it or not, that's the reality. They are pass heavy because that's where the talent is on this offense, not because of "daddy ball".

Being pass heavy is fine and expected given the talent makeup of the team. An issue arises when coaching doesn't seem to be fixing issues that are long standing such as SS having a habit of placing himself in long sack situations or being poor at faking the hand-off. It took the UCF to consistently move away from 10 personnel. CU does not need to be a ground and pound offense but would have benefited from an offensive coordinator less connected to SS.

I don't care about AP rankings, I care about analytics that remove the noise and actually rank teams without biases. KSU is a much better team than UCF with a much better coaching staff than UCF.

You're continuing to ignore the actual game data. 4.86 points/opportunity is very good, that was CU's offense on Saturday.
You brought up rankings, not me.

Shedeur is the most talented QB in CU history. That said he has flaws and is not well coached. Hell, I’m not convinced he’s coachable at this or the next level. He’ll be drafted very high because someone will see potential. I see an NFL career like Cam Newton in him.

All that said, this team should be MUCH better than it is with him. That says a lot about the massive opportunity that’s being wasted this season.
I’d put Shadeur pretty far behind Hagan and Kordell in most categories. He reminds me of Koy talent-wise…just fewer wins.

We had a path. But that was a Cinderella season. We split the rest of they way, 7-5 is a good season. I won't be mad about that. Above would be great. Below would be kind of disappointing. Remember, we were 1-11 and probably the worst team in FBS just two years ago. We need a QB tho. Probably through the portal.

We had a path. But that was a Cinderella season. We split the rest of they way, 7-5 is a good season. I won't be mad about that. Above would be great. Below would be kind of disappointing. Remember, we were 1-11 and probably the worst team in FBS just two years ago. We need a QB tho. Probably through the portal.
Cam Ward might be available

If CU loses to AZ, I expect the wheels to come off. This kind of looks like a team of soft showboats. Very talented showboats, but susceptible to being punched in the mouth by a lesser team.

Now, if they put it together like they did in Orlando, there isn't a team on the schedule they cannot beat. Do they have the heart? That is the question.
Be careful

If CU loses to AZ, I expect the wheels to come off. This kind of looks like a team of soft showboats. Very talented showboats, but susceptible to being punched in the mouth by a lesser team.

Now, if they put it together like they did in Orlando, there isn't a team on the schedule they cannot beat. Do they have the heart? That is the question.

I disagree with your assessment of them being soft. They've come back from 14 points down to take the lead twice. They continued to fight after being down 28-0 against the Nubs. I think their resilience is one of the strongest attributes of the team.

It’s style to me. Running the ball and playing solid fundamentally was what I expected after UCF.

Instead I saw a team that was badly manhandled and the score didn’t tell the story. We are literally hanging everything on Shedeur miracles.

I don’t know that KSU is a top 16 team after the beating BYU gave them. But I came away with the feeling that we almost stole another one that we didn’t have any business even being in the game.
You are what your record says you are and you are what the score indicates you are. We couldn't do much to stop KSU's run game and they couldn't do much to stop our passing game. They had an INT as we were driving to score and we had an INT as they were driving to score. Same amount of first downs, similar total yardage, similar efficiency on 3rd and 4th downs. Just because KSU's style of play is different than CU's doesn't mean we didn't have any business even being in the game. It was a back and forth game where we dominated in the passing game and they dominated in the run game.

Outside of the last play in the Baylor game, "Shedeur miracles" seem more like Shedeur and the WRs doing exactly what they've done in 5/6 games and that's dominate the opposing team's Secondary.

can someone link a video or provide an explanation of what is meant when an opposing player does "the Deion"?

Four KSU fans sitting directly behind me tonight. They were nice, and everybody was okay.

But **** the CU fans that sell their tickets to opposing fans. ....
with secondary ticket sales being controlled by online entities, the seller has virtually no control over who ends up buying their ticket. if a seller only tries to sell tickets to people they know, they're going to have a march harder time getting full market value. and I think you knew that already, but **** those fans anyway!
....When I'm in my home stadium, I want to be happy with the people around me, and sad with the people around me. It sucks to be heartbroken in Folsom, while others are celebrating two feet from me.
ok, but I assume you've had opportunity to be on the other side of that -- cheering for your team in hostile territory and then celebrating a win in someone else's stadium. those are the moments life is made for and I wouldn't give up those memories. i'm ok with other teams' fans having the opportunity to come to Folsom. all of that is part of the game and part of what makes sports fun and interesting to me.

finally, my section had more visiting fans than I've seen at a home game in the Sanders era. they were obnoxious and dickish -- not limited to cheering for their own team, but going out of the way to mock and put down CU. I still support their right to be at the game.

can someone link a video or provide an explanation of what is meant when an opposing player does "the Deion"?

with secondary ticket sales being controlled by online entities, the seller has virtually no control over who ends up buying their ticket. if a seller only tries to sell tickets to people they know, they're going to have a march harder time getting full market value. and I think you knew that already, but **** those fans anyway!

ok, but I assume you've had opportunity to be on the other side of that -- cheering for your team in hostile territory and then celebrating a win in someone else's stadium. those are the moments life is made for and I wouldn't give up those memories. i'm ok with other teams' fans having the opportunity to come to Folsom. all of that is part of the game and part of what makes sports fun and interesting to me.

finally, my section had more visiting fans than I've seen at a home game in the Sanders era. they were obnoxious and dickish -- not limited to cheering for their own team, but going out of the way to mock and put down CU. I still support their right to be at the game.
We want different things in our home game experience.

I'm wondering how you reconcile your views on this with what you posted previously about attending concerts.

1729004822302.png

there were a lot of kjuco state fans in the house. who cares?

there will be a lot of cincy fans at the next home game too.

we are selling tickets, selling out, and if you cannot make it to the game, there is a live active market for tickets again, which hasn't been true for 20 years.

go with the flow.

I honestly had no idea that my preference to be surrounded by CU fans in my season-ticket section at our home stadium would be so controversial.
It's not. It's our stadium, and it should not be normal to have to deal with opposing fans. They have every right to be there. And you have every right to give **** to those who sold them those tickets.

I disagree with your assessment of them being soft. They've come back from 14 points down to take the lead twice. They continued to fight after being down 28-0 against the Nubs. I think their resilience is one of the strongest attributes of the team.
After reflection, and reading some of the posts, I am probably overreacting to a close loss. CU should have won that game. KjSU is a solid team, but not nearly as talented as CU and it annoys me that it appears to me personnel decisions and poor game planning are limiting what I think this roster could really do. JMO.

It's not. It's our stadium, and it should not be normal to have to deal with opposing fans. They have every right to be there. And you have every right to give **** to those who sold them those tickets.
fair take. there ought to be a better way to do a official marketplace. ... that allows you to only sell to your own fanbase. that would be cool.

Back