What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- #23/ RV Men's bball scheduled to be on the road @ Washington (Wed., 1/20, 7:00 PM MT, ESPN2) & WSC (Sat., 6:00 PM, ESPN2)

1-18 from the line. Washington 100% from FT line and 48% from 3 after starting 1-7. We rank 30th from the three and they rank 310th.

I'm trying not to be pissed, but I am.

The shooting defied logic.

I think what's getting me is that while I can laugh that off as just being one of those ridiculous nights... I can't get past being in position to win and falling apart the final segment with turnovers while UW was a much more poised team.

I would like to see Kin start the game with the eye of the Tiger and rip a teams hope of winning in the 1st half. He can penetrate the zone whenever he wants, then everything else will fall into place. I'm not happy he passed on the wide open 3 in the final seconds.

Our 3pt shooting was terrible which was an aberration, but damn, what happened to the defense and getting up on shooters??? Can't let a wounded team gain confidence from the 3 point line.

This loss pisses me off and hopefully makes for a pissed off Buffs team for the rest of the year. Hopefully this loss is humbling and helps them get better.

Barthelemy looked good tonight off the bench. Got beat on a couple possessions, but he looked a lot better to me.

Horne and Battey had a sweet game.

Poor officiating in the paint tonight. The officials really need to call fouls when players get hit on the wrist during their shots.

No reason to shoot 3s if you aren't hitting them. I get the keep shooting them till they fall stuff. If they aren't falling, go to something else. Tired of this playground basketball bull****.

Just watched the game
We were by far the better team, but Washington kept hitting 3’s and dominated the offensive glass. Lots of lucky shots and some ****ty reffing at the end. But, should never ever ever lose to this crappy team!

The 3s were the biggest factor, but I thought they lacked confidence in the 2nd half. Loss of Parquet (sp) was major.

I just woke up. I had a horrible dream that we lost to Washington. It was like one of those monster dreams where you are running really fast from this slow monster but every time you look it’s gaining on you. Thank God it was only a dream.

Meh. We lacked defensive intensity most of the night. Other than that, sometimes the basketball gods decree that the other team will go unconscious from 3 and you can't buy a 3.

Need to pick themselves up Friday.

Is this sort of **** show a pattern with the Buffs? Last year we were flying high then began a slide the last couple of months.

At least we can stop hoping this is a great team. We are a good team, but they are not great. It's good to recalibrate after that hot run at least for my soul it is. They just don't have championship caliber luck or the ability to handle the spotlight for more than a moment. That's been proven over 2 years now.

now we just need to hope that this is a one-off and not a start of a slide like last year. That would show growth

At least we can stop hoping this is a great team. We are a good team, but they are not great. It's good to recalibrate after that hot run at least for my soul it is. They just don't have championship caliber luck or the ability to handle the spotlight for more than a moment. That's been proven over 2 years now.

now we just need to hope that this is a one-off and not a start of a slide like last year. That would show growth
Great perspective

Average defense, not hitting the 3 pt shots and a team that has been getting better and not as bad as their record. UW could have beaten Stanford and really gave UCLA everything they could handle. Still a very bad loss. Need the win against the Cougars now. Must show you can rebound from the bad loss

I’m surprisingly not very mad. We were better than Washington in rebounds, blocks, and assists, and quite a bit better in turnovers and steals. Washington was just unconscious from behind the arc and great from the line.

I’m mostly disappointed with the untimely turnovers late as well as the perimeter defense. Kin was not as much of a factor as usual obviously, but I was pleased with how Evan continues to get better at being a scorer. I’d like to see more of Maddox’s minutes go to one of the younger guys at this point.

Watching the game, it was hard to get mad at much with Washington playing out of their minds, and we still should’ve won. Unfortunately, just looking at the box score, it is a horrible loss, but if anything, I feel this could light a fire and be something this team needed to experience. This is by far my favorite Buffs basketball team since the one that won the Pac 12 tournament.

I just woke up. I had a horrible dream that we lost to Washington. It was like one of those monster dreams where you are running really fast from this slow monster but every time you look it’s gaining on you. Thank God it was only a dream.
Why was the monster chasing you, what the hell did you do to it? :D

Yesterday was such a roller coaster of emotions, amped we never have to deal with Larry Scott as commissioner again but hit a real big low with the buffs loss. Now hoping Washington wins out so it's not such a bad loss, but if they hit 50 percent from 3 and hit 12 threes ever again this year, I'd be shocked. Just one of those games.

Most disappointed that we turtled in the last 3 minutes. We were the veteran and way more talented team. But we looked like the lost boys at the end.

Watched #4 Iowa collapse offensively and defensively the last 13 minutes. Another of many examples of many good teams having bad and unusual losses this year. Ours was an unlikely perfect storm of events and not a collapse, not that helps.

Watched #4 Iowa collapse offensively and defensively the last 13 minutes. Another of many examples of many good teams having bad and unusual losses this year. Ours was an unlikely perfect storm of events and not a collapse, not that helps.
'cept Hoosiers were 8-6 and not 1 and f***ing 11 coming in.....

do we really think upsets are happening with greater frequency this year vs recent years? is there data to back that?

do we really think upsets are happening with greater frequency this year vs recent years? is there data to back that?
Certainly we've got a lot of traditional powers struggling. It's probably because they haven't had their normal preseason schedule to get all those 1-and-done level players to gel.

Never thought I'd see a year when I'd be even money or better for CU to win on a neutral court vs Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State and Kentucky.

Back