What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's bball hosts #13 Tennessee (Saturday, 12/5/21,Noon MT, FS1) and Eastern Washington (Wednesday, 6:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

We're not a good shooting team to begin with.

We can't beat anyone decent if Kee, Evan and Jabari shoot like they have today.

Atrocious coaching job by Boyle today.

First terrible decision by Boyle was to bench Walker for the last 11 minutes of the half. Game was almost out reach at half due to his rigid plan to bench Walker with two fouls for the half. Walker had zero fouls in the second half!

Secondly, his unwillingness to go to zone defense was a big mistake, when the 5 star PG repeatedly beat CU’s players off the dribble all game long.

First terrible decision by Boyle was to bench Walker for the last 11 minutes of the half. Game was almost out reach at half due to his rigid plan to bench Walker with two fouls for the half. Walker had zero fouls in the second half!

Secondly, his unwillingness to go to zone defense was a big mistake, when the 5 star PG repeatedly beat CU’s players off the dribble all game long.
Spot on
Not sure why Walker sat
Lovering got burned for a ton of P&R lane points

Battey does get some ticky tack fouls, but he really needs to play smarter. We need him in the game.
I wasn't all that upset at the refs on the foul calls on him today. We was reaching/swatting too much. Probably as a reaction to Tennessee playing like that, but he was doing it.

Spot on
Not sure why Walker sat
Lovering got burned for a ton of P&R lane points
The answer's in this quote.

Boyle doesn't trust the refs not to whistle the 3rd foul even if his guy is playing smart.

Tad's consistent about sitting guys with 2 first half fouls. I think it also teaches guys to work on not getting themselves in foul trouble too.

#1 who ended up with 27 of their points had at least 10 of his 13 baskets from layups.

Had to watch the recording. I went through the second half in 5 minutes. We were horrible. I’m certainly not discouraged over it, but we have to be way better. I thought we’d have a great chance of winning and we looked like garbage.

BTW how many shots did Tennessee block at the rim?

That TN guard is elite and was the difference. Kee looks like he’s playing for Bobby Hurly. KJ should start and light a fire under him. We can’t win unless the Kee from early season returns.
#1 is elite, and #25 was really damn good too. He didn’t play as much in the first half because of fouls.
Way too many turnovers. My seats today I was able to see the assistant coaches closely (usually sit behind the visitor’s bench, was on the other side today). Both Kee and Nique were majorly in the doghouse for missing defensive assignments all over the place. Assistants were all over both of them. Kee also dies on every screen. It’s a problem. KJ is figuring it out quickly, really impressed with him. Not gonna win with turnovers and shooting poorly. Tennessee is also really good.

That's the most depressed I've heard Tad in a long time. He's in a dark place with this team right now. I don't know the last time I heard him talk about a team like this.

That's the most depressed I've heard Tad in a long time. He's in a dark place with this team right now. I don't know the last time I heard him talk about a team like this.
Good opportunity right now to get through 3 heavy-favorite games while having very spirited practices. There's a chance to be ready for Kansas.

Good opportunity right now to get through 3 heavy-favorite games while having very spirited practices. There's a chance to be ready for Kansas.
Right now Kansas is gonna demolish us. Kee is a headcase when his shot isnt falling. KJ isn't ready yet. Baris in a huge 3 pt shooting slump. Bad mix

Have to consider starting Simpson. Kee is a liability right now. Also, they need to get Dasilva the ball more, good in the paint and he seems to be the only consistent 3 point shooter we have.

Last edited:
They did seem to fix the TO problem in the 2nd half other than one sequence of like 3 straight bad possessions.

But they didn't shoot and they didn't find a way to get Jabari involved in the flow.

And there were a LOT of TN supporters there. Fairly obnoxious lot, they are.

Most around me were pretty cool and decent to hang with except for the one douchebag who was even getting yelled at by his fellow UT fans.

With all the orange today though, I am VERY concerned about Kansas now.

Most around me were pretty cool and decent to hang with except for the one douchebag who was even getting yelled at by his fellow UT fans.

With all the orange today though, I am VERY concerned about Kansas now.
It’ll be filled to the brim with Jayhawks.

Back