What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Happy Football Season!!! (Official Camp Thread)

Montez is a very different cat than Sefo. Buckle your seat belts, because this is gonna be a fun ride. People gonna hate us again. (y)

“I think Sefo was more of a humble guy,” Montez said. “I like to stay humble, but when I’m on the field, I think I’m the best player out there, so I think you have to play like that, especially as quarterback. And you have to believe you’re the best player on the field.”

Montez was also very vocal about how he enjoys talking a bit of trash to opposing players. He feels that his teammates feed off the energy that he brings to the practice field, and the cockiness that makes him the quarterback that he is.

“I think people dig that I’m cocky, especially people on the team . . . I think they like that,” Montez said.

I expect more big plays and also more mistakes. Should be a fun ride.

I expect more big plays and also more mistakes. Should be a fun ride.

Seemed like the last four years we made enough mistakes, a few games lost on critical INTs, etc.

Hope they are a different kind of mistake. Big difference between throwing an INT out to the flat that turns into a pick 6 and throwing an INT on third down that gets grabbed 40 yards downfield and ends up not much different than a punt.

Key will be that Montez learns with experience to avoid key mistakes without losing his big play potential.

Re punt returns (even as opposed to KR), it's a lot more than just good hands and speed. You gotta be just a tad bit crazy which is why I think a lot of really good PR guys are safeties. Hitting and getting hit at full speed isn't something your average WR enjoys.
Now you tell me, where the **** were you then lol.

The growth of Mulumba is probably the best news of camp. We needed him to be an immediate contributor in 2017 and that was somewhat in doubt after the spring.

Agreed. Physically he looked the part in the spring game, but he looked lost on most plays. It looked bad enough to me that I assumed he needed a year before he would contribute. Huge that he's coming along, because it's harder to cover inadequacies on the d line than anywhere on the defense, as well as a position that depth is vital.

Montez is a very different cat than Sefo. Buckle your seat belts, because this is gonna be a fun ride. People gonna hate us again. (y)

“I think Sefo was more of a humble guy,” Montez said. “I like to stay humble, but when I’m on the field, I think I’m the best player out there, so I think you have to play like that, especially as quarterback. And you have to believe you’re the best player on the field.”

Montez was also very vocal about how he enjoys talking a bit of trash to opposing players. He feels that his teammates feed off the energy that he brings to the practice field, and the cockiness that makes him the quarterback that he is.

“I think people dig that I’m cocky, especially people on the team . . . I think they like that,” Montez said.

I really really like this. Here come the assholes. Phil and Steven gonna be a badass backfield.

image.gif
From Woelk's article:
Bobo, who made a name for himself last season with highlight-reel catches, had a pair on Saturday. He hauled in a long Montez throw at the goal line for a touchdown — the longest play of the scrimmage — then caught snared a scoring pass in an overtime drill, gathering the throw in on the run and breaking a tackle en route to the end zone.
The deep ball came as the "game clock" was expiring. Montez rolled to his left under pressure and somehow managed to put the ball almost 60 yards in the air on the money to Bobo, who got position on the defender and went up in the air for the catch.

Not.going.to.buy.the.hype.anymore.than.I.have (I think...)

Man, if we can get a consistent couple of guys from De Soto every year. Sure would help. Get the damn dog away from the bbq though.

Some solid indication of our WR rotation this season from Woelk's article:

As head coach Mike MacIntyre recently said, " "We have so many good (receivers), it's day to day who's best."

Indeed, at least a half-dozen wideouts have had noteworthy days in CU's first 13 practices. The list includes the likely suspects — returning starters Shay Fields, Devin Ross, Bryce Bobo and Jay MacIntyre — as well as those expected to battle for playing time, including Juwann Winfree and Kabion Ento. But the list has grown larger over the last week, as Lee Walker has been elbowing his way into the mix, and true freshmen K.D. Nixon and Laviska Shenault Jr.are making their presence known on a regular basis.

This is good stuff that they have Mark Johnson doing. Quick 3-minute (ish) recap of the main info from the previous day of interviews.

Some solid indication of our WR rotation this season from Woelk's article:

As head coach Mike MacIntyre recently said, " "We have so many good (receivers), it's day to day who's best."

Indeed, at least a half-dozen wideouts have had noteworthy days in CU's first 13 practices. The list includes the likely suspects — returning starters Shay Fields, Devin Ross, Bryce Bobo and Jay MacIntyre — as well as those expected to battle for playing time, including Juwann Winfree and Kabion Ento. But the list has grown larger over the last week, as Lee Walker has been elbowing his way into the mix, and true freshmen K.D. Nixon and Laviska Shenault Jr.are making their presence known on a regular basis.

No Huntley mentioned. I'm interested to see where he sits on the depth chart going into game week, and wonder if he's been somewhat passed over this year.

No Huntley mentioned. I'm interested to see where he sits on the depth chart going into game week, and wonder if he's been somewhat passed over this year.
red shirting him would be nice if they think he can be a solid contributor in this offense.

red shirting him would be nice if they think he can be a solid contributor in this offense.
Yeah, maybe that's why there was no mention of him, as it seems like everybody else that was is projected to be a contributor this season. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Back