What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the massive turnover we're seeing ok? Or why Reddit CFB fans are clueless

Your skepticism of the USF WRs is strange. You flippantly point to stats to prove a point even when the stats actually disprove your point. Weaver put up numbers at USF that rivaled Jordan Addison at USC last year and would have been WR2 (production wise). Horn is a proven explosive playmaker that was not the primary receiving option at USF (Weaver)

I know that Weaver was WR #1 at USF. I guess we'll have to see how it goes, and I'm hoping for the best. Credit to Coach Prime for putting together an offense on the fly with very little time. All these G5 guys from underperforming programs in Meh conferences (AAC, MAC) sprinkled through the 2-deep on offense give a guy pause but Prime didn't have a ton of time to do this. Great credit to him and the staff. He's been the hardest working guy in college ball since last December. But I put a lot of stock in level of competition. I'm sure you saw it when you were coaching high school, right?

We also need to see the FCS transfers play this year in P5. I have some confidence but the proof is always in the pudding. (Who the hell came up with that saying anyway?)

This isn't some disgruntled cynicism from an old boomer. There's a reason the betting lines haven't moved off of TCU -21 or -20.5, and the CU win total can't get off of 3.5. A team is mostly its personnel and it's the personnel that being analyzed. I personally might think those betting numbers are a little too pessimistic but the professionals that make their livings with this stuff aren't wrong consistently or they wouldn't last long.

BTW, I'll be the happiest guy here if CU beats TCU 42-21 and goes on to an 8 win season. Go Buffs!

Last edited:
All 4 played on ****ty teams and Horn is a possibly a bit over-hyped here. At least right now. I’ll eat crow at seasons end if I’m wrong.

37 catches and 3 TDs isn’t jumping out at me, but again he played on a terrible team so I cut him some slack.
People who know Horn have said he's gone after this season if he has at least a decent year. His speed and quickness are elite, NFL level.

Your skepticism of the USF WRs is strange. You flippantly point to stats to prove a point even when the stats actually disprove your point. Weaver put up numbers at USF that rivaled Jordan Addison at USC last year and would have been WR2 (production wise). Horn is a proven explosive playmaker that was not the primary receiving option at USF (Weaver)
BTW, if I'm remember correctly, USF had a QB that couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, similar to what we had.

People who know Horn have said he's gone after this season if he has at least a decent year. His speed and quickness are elite, NFL level.
Speed and quickness do get drafted. Everyone wants to find the next Tyreek.

PAHI on Saturday after Colorado scores a bunch of points… “man, Weaver and Horn are really good! Did you guys know that?”
I’ve been following the Buffs since 1967. I’ve learned over time never to believe anything until it happens and I see it.

There's some wisdom in that. I never would have believed that Espinoza Island was going to become a thing until I saw it.
I would never have believed CU would hire a Boise State coach without reading his resume and understanding what his actual job duties had been. That’s the event that made me realize what an amateur cluster**** the CUAD and entire admin actually was.

See you guys later. I’m checkin out until after the TCU game. Go Buffs!

I would never have believed we would hire a Boise State coach without reading his resume and understanding what his actual job duties had been. That’s the event that made me realize what an amateur cluster**** the CUAD and entire admin actually was.
I have trouble blaming Bohn when I look at every other football HC hire he has made. I think the problem which had been insurmountable since 2002/ 2003 was the leadership the Athletic Director works for and the resources & support provided.

I know that Weaver was WR #1 at USF. I guess we'll have to see how it goes, and I'm hoping for the best. Credit to Coach Prime for putting together an offense on the fly with very little time. All these G5 guys from underperforming programs in Meh conferences (AAC, MAC) sprinkled through the 2-deep on offense give a guy pause but Prime didn't have a ton of time to do this. Great credit to him and the staff. He's been the hardest working guy in college ball since last December. But I put a lot of stock in level of competition. I'm sure you saw it when you were coaching high school, right?

We also need to see the FCS transfers play this year in P5. I have some confidence but the proof is always in the pudding. (Who the hell came up with that saying anyway?)

This isn't some disgruntled cynicism from an old boomer. There's a reason the betting lines haven't moved off of TCU -21 or -20.5, and the CU win total can't get off of 3.5. A team is mostly its personnel and it's the personnel that being analyzed. I personally might think those betting numbers are a little too pessimistic but the professionals that make their livings with this stuff aren't wrong consistently or they wouldn't last long.

BTW, I'll be the happiest guy here if CU beats TCU 42-21 and goes on to an 8 win season. Go Buffs!
The biggest issue with this statement is it ignores what all CU coaches have stated with the players and improvements made by the S&C coaches and position coaches as well as them getting a legit QB like 2.

Based on what we have heard from the coaches. The most NFL ready players have came from the G5 or FCS for us.

Cokes
Sanders 2x
Hunter
USF WRs
Antonio
CSC
Manns
Washington
McCaskill
Wilkerson

Most of our P5 transfers are guys who were highly wanted but most of them are rotational. They are not expected to be our studs.

We have some of the holdovers like Woods, Tank, and Wells who have stud potential. And Brew likes the TEs who are mostly holdovers. Ham and Hank are gonna start who are also holdovers.

TCU of all teams know that G5 transfers can be special with the success they had with the G5 transfers last year.

Horn had offers to UGA and Tenn as a HS WR and had offers to A&M, Penn State and Houston as a transfer. We beat out P5 teams for Weaver who OU wanted badly. Antonio had BC, BYU, and several other PAC schools hot on his trail. These guys are legit and all three are said to have a breakthrough offseason with us.

Maybe you are right to a degree, we do need to see it. But best believe, the coaches aren't lying to you. The players aren't lying to you. The clips aren't lying to you.

Last edited:
2 projected starters, Cokes and Harrison, are not ranked in our composite.

Harrison, I understand, but Cokes getting rated moves us up a few notches, IMO.

Also, NU checks in at #21, which surprises me given the attrition they’ve had there the last few years.

That means 6 of our opponents are ranked as more talented than CU. We miss UDub, but have TCU and NU in the non-conference schedule.

Last edited:
Full thing is here for those who want to see it:

#35 right in between SMU and Georgia Tech. Some other interesting tidbits:
  • Among teams that will be in the B12 next year, Colorado is 3rd out of 16, behind TCU (19) and Utah (33). The next closest is TT at 40.
  • Non con schedule is
    • TCU (19)
    • nubs (21)
    • CSU (scrolling....scrolling....scrollling: 107, 8 spots below *Rice*)
  • UConn, who Lugenbill said was CU's competition for "worse" [sic] roster in college football is 92.
  • Kent State, whom Sean Lewis guided to a 5-7 record last year, is 117, 10 spots below CSU and 3 spots above Jackson State (120)
  • Last year's team was 63rd, which was lower than any team they played was ranked (Air Force is not ranked at all; I'm not sure why)
  • The team ranked 33rd last year was Maryland, who went 8-5 (4-5 in conference) and won the Duke's Mayo Bowl over NCSU
If CU went 3-0 in non-con, 4-5 in P12 play, and won a bowl game, I'd consider that a very successful season.
I’m actually a little shocked at most of 21-31.

2 project starters, Cokes and Harrison, are not ranked in our composite.

Harrison, I understand, but Cokes getting rated moves us up a few notches, IMO.

Also, NU checks in at #21, which surprises me given the attrition they’ve had there the last few years.

That means 6 of our opponents are ranked as more talented than CU. We miss UDub, but have TCU and NU in the non-conference schedule.
Arkansas the worst non Vandy school at 31. Just shows you how elite the SEC is. Honestly, Arkansas hit the portal hard. Some of the studs they got have no recruiting value. Same for FSU which got five starters with no stars and one is Jared Verse who's projected to be a top 10 pick. Transfer rating should matter more.

Arkansas the worst non Vandy school at 31. Just shows you how elite the SEC is. Honestly, Arkansas hit the portal hard. Some of the studs they got have no recruiting value. Same for FSU which got five starters with no stars and one is Jared Verse who's projected to be a top 10 pick. Transfer rating should matter more.
This. It amazes me how many services and "experts" push out a player's HS star rating when they're talking about them now as a transfer. Bruv, that was 3 years and 2 CFB seasons ago.

The biggest issue with this statement is it ignores what all CU coaches have stated with the players and improvements made by the S&C coaches and position coaches as well as them getting a legit QB like 2.

Based on what we have heard from the coaches. The most NFL ready players have came from the G5 or FCS for us.

Cokes
Sanders 2x
Hunter
USF WRs
Antonio
CSC
Manns
Washington
McCaskill
Wilkerson

Most of our P5 transfers are guys who were highly wanted but most of them are rotational. They are not expected to be our studs.

We have some of the holdovers like Woods, Tank, and Wells who have stud potential. And Brew likes the TEs who are mostly holdovers. Ham and Hank are gonna start who are also holdovers.

TCU of all teams know that G5 transfers can be special with the success they had with the G5 transfers last year.

Horn had offers to UGA and Tenn as a HS WR and had offers to A&M, Penn State and Houston as a transfer. We beat out P5 teams for Weaver who OU wanted badly. Antonio had BC, BYU, and several other PAC schools hot on his trail. These guys are legit and all three are said to have a breakthrough offseason with us.

Maybe you are right to a degree, we do need to see it. But best believe, the coaches aren't lying to you. The players aren't lying to you. The clips aren't lying to you.
I now see it.
I now believe it.
OMG.

Reddit CFB has become an absolute cesspool of hate towards Prime. And I love it.

Those people are so clueless as to what an outspoken and genius black coach can do. Everytime they complain they expose their ignorance. They don't have a clue that Prime is the opposite of selfish as a coach. They think this media hype and brand is about Deion, when it is really about the exposure for the kids and resurrection of a football program.

I've become a big fan of Josh Pate and his takes. They are very even and he clearly understands what Deion Sanders is doing:

I don't do Reddit, but what I've seen and heard from people who do makes it sound like a cesspit of uninformed Prime/CU hate.
They keep spewing **** like the players that were cut were done dirty, they shouldn’t have been replaced, just because they were bad is no reason to get rid of them…winning isnt the most important thing.

Ok FSU, Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, USC, LSU, Nebraska fans - eat a dick.

Reddit CFB has become an absolute cesspool of hate towards Prime. And I love it.

Those people are so clueless as to what an outspoken and genius black coach can do. Everytime they complain they expose their ignorance. They don't have a clue that Prime is the opposite of selfish as a coach. They think this media hype and brand is about Deion, when it is really about the exposure for the kids and resurrection of a football program.

I've become a big fan of Josh Pate and his takes. They are very even and he clearly understands what Deion Sanders is doing:

Josh Pate is undoubtedly my favorite person for CFB takes. Dude just gets it. Runs circles around all the other podcasts and understands much more about the teams and dynamics of CFB than the entrenched media’s lazy takes

Back