What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the massive turnover we're seeing ok? Or why Reddit CFB fans are clueless

This interview is one the best descriptions of Deions brashness that I've heard

Fantastic commentary from Louis.

The ripple affect from this “experiment” is going to be fascinating to see play out. One aspect that just occurred to me while watching that interview, and representative of CP being 5 steps ahead of everyone else per usual, is that Prime is calling out the football world by saying “I am doing this in lily white Boulder. A place that has cold weather and snow. They were 1-11 last year and I have never coached at this level. Tell me again why an AA coach can’t succeed in (name college or NFL town).” It’s beautiful because, while Prime is one of one, he/it directly attacks almost every excuse made.

Because it takes one statistical model and treats it like gospel.
Yes. While our front six haven’t been good, is there really any doubt they are better than last year, especially individual talent? OL is the only position I might say this could be true for, but even then I believe at least Savion Washington is a better player than what we had at RT last year.

Bill Connelly, Bud Elliot, Danny Kannell, Brett McMurphy are the main national guys that are really enjoying the Oregon loss. At least Danny has been critical the entire time. The other three have been under the radar hating but are now out in the open.

Yes. While our front six haven’t been good, is there really any doubt they are better than last year, especially individual talent? OL is the only position I might say this could be true for, but even then I believe at least Savion Washington is a better player than what we had at RT last year.
I don't know how they can say the defense isn't massively better this year. I watched the games. Teams didn't even take CU seriously last year. CU has a tough schedule this year. There are no minnows on their schedule

I don't know how they can say the defense isn't massively better this year. I watched the games. Teams didn't even take CU seriously last year. CU has a tough schedule this year. There are no minnows on their schedule
Shedeur isn't just a very good QB. He has a top 10 grade via PFF and he's the only QB who's in the 90s for PFF that has dropback 80% or more in his offense in the nation.

Shedeur is a generational QB

Laziness makes it easy to say those things. Looking at rosters and stats can tell you part of the story, but until they dig into the reality deeper, they’ll continue their lazy takes and their told you so narratives after losses.

Laziness makes it easy to say those things. Looking at rosters and stats can tell you part of the story, but until they dig into the reality deeper, they’ll continue their lazy takes and their told you so narratives after losses.
Just using PFF, its clear he's an idiot

2022 - 70 or higher players on D - None
60 Or higher in the top 25 of snaps - 3 (Woods, Main, and Grant)

2023 - 70 or higher players on D - 7

60 Or higher in the top 25 of snaps - 11

Come on man, we need to stop listening to idiots.

USC defense has 11 70 or higher players and 11 in the 60s in the top 25 of snaps.

CU and USC defense got some talent.

Compare this to CU last year, this CU would beat them by 50

What overreactions:

Oline needs to be bigger and more talented (everyone knew this last year and going into this season)
Dline needs to be bigger and more talented (everyone knew this last year and going into this season)

There are talented playmakers now. Just need the Oline to push, opening up running lanes and give the QB time to throw. Imagine what Shedeur's stat line would look like with Georgia or Alabama's front line. This is still a bowl team, but there will be gaps that are exposed when facing teams with loaded rosters.

That's the problem with the Screamin' A Smith age of reporting - first they are not true reporters, they are shock jocks. They react and overreact for clicks and likes. CU has shown improvement under CP. The outside noise is just that, noise. 2026 National Champions you can book it

Shedeur isn't just a very good QB. He has a top 10 grade via PFF and he's the only QB who's in the 90s for PFF that has dropback 80% or more in his offense in the nation.

shame we are wasting generational talent with crappy line play and no supportive run game.
College goes by fast, need to figure out something quick.

I have heard that it’s harder to get a strong O and D line put together in the same timeline that you can get strong “skill positions”. Is that just because the line has to gel with one another more than the skill spots or are there other factors?

I personally think WR are easy to come by. You see them everywhere making miraculous catches and breaking tackles for long runs.
OL DL Size, quick step, smart and strong are harder to come by

I personally think WR are easy to come by. You see them everywhere making miraculous catches and breaking tackles for long runs.
And yet @FlaBuff doesn't really seem that remarkable.

And yet @FlaBuff doesn't really seem that remarkable.
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

He good at generating sacks Ill say that. This isnt FCS. If he doesnt learn to sense pressure and avoid it hes not gonna do anything special here or in the NFL because everyone will design their defense to rattle him. A generational QB would know that. He‘s never going to have a good OL while he is here so he better figure it out. Not gonna lie that has a great arm and great passing vision. He also misses chances to scramble for yardage.

So more rare talent and the need to “gel” as a line. Ok

He good at generating sacks Ill say that. This isnt FCS. If he doesnt learn to sense pressure and avoid it hes not gonna do anything special here or in the NFL because everyone will design their defense to rattle him. A generational QB would know that. He‘s never going to have a good OL while he is here so he better figure it out. Not gonna lie that has a great arm and great passing vision. He also misses chances to scramble for yardage.
Thanks Mrs. Shrout. We'll take your "insights" into consideration.

Just like that liability playing QB for the Bengals. So bad he couldn't start for tOSU and Nebraska didn't even want him as a transfer.

He's the best QB CU has seen in a longgggg time. I dream about what he'd be doing if he had a running game to support him. I don't see why pointing out his liability of not throwing the ball away, and worse yet losing big yardage is not an allowable subject on here. Yes the O-line isn't helping, but he has shown in all 4 games it's a problem.
I also place the blame of this on our OC for not designing plays to mitigate this. He has also shown in all 4 games it's a problem.

He's the best QB CU has seen in a longgggg time. I dream about what he'd be doing if he had a running game to support him. I don't see why pointing out his liability of not throwing the ball away, and worse yet losing big yardage is not an allowable subject on here. Yes the O-line isn't helping, but he has shown in all 4 games it's a problem.
I also place the blame of this on our OC for not designing plays to mitigate this. He has also shown in all 4 games it's a problem.
I think it is a legit criticism. We know Shedeur is a Brady fan. One of the things that was so frustrating about playing Brady was he would get the ball out of his hands so quick. I think it's one of the main reasons he lasted until he was in his forties. Once he got to Tampa Bay he was making two reads and if it wasn't there he was throwing out of bounds, and he was so ahead of the defense he almost always threw on his first read.

He only has four games of experience in the Sean Lewis offense, I expect he will continue to improve.

Back