What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

leavitt departure should not have caught rick george or coach mac by surprise one bit....hell if i was either one of them i would have been planning on it weeks ago....at the utes game a bunch of us tailgating sd he wouldnt be back and we know nothing but beer!

Fans are also openly hostile to many members of the media calling for boycotts and banishment regularly.

Pretty much Kiszla and, formerly, Henderson. Therefore, issues with the DP. Almost entirely because they don't cover CU regularly and then use their platform to jump in every now and then with obvious trolls at our fanbase in an attempt to click drive. The boycott is based on not agreeing to be manipulated in that way.

SIAP, reports Leavitt interviewed at Ole Miss for the DC job. Clearly his I love CU schtick was just that...a schtick. I don't blame the guy, I would take 3X my salary in a heartbeat, but save the corny "Golly gee whiz I didn't really wanna do it" crap.

Pretty much Kiszla and, formerly, Henderson. Therefore, issues with the DP. Almost entirely because they don't cover CU regularly and then use their platform to jump in every now and then with obvious trolls at our fanbase in an attempt to click drive. The boycott is based on not agreeing to be manipulated in that way.
And Reilly.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who took note of Leavitt's casual omission of thanking his head coach, or any coach for that matter, in his farewell tweet. Said thanks to alums, fans, players. No one else. That's interesting to me.
Hope that means he isn't going to try to take anyone with him.

Dude, get off that ledge. The gnashing of teeth around here is completely over the top. Losing assistants is part of having a winning program. Buffs will be OK.

That's nonsense - coaches don't leave winning programs for lateral moves within the conference. And frankly - we're talking about a pattern that has developed over two decades.

In other words, I will not get off the ledge and you can't make me! ;) Seriously though - this team is 117-141 since Coach Mac left 20 years ago. I'm tired of the positive spin. We are what we are, which is a magnet for losing and heart ache. I still very much appreciate what MM has been able to accomplish and last season was fun - I'm just saying, that's as good as it gets around here.

Leavitt twitter is interesting. Seems to be a lot of upsetness from fans. What a world we live in.

um... anyone hear clay travis's show... things not going well today...

Just listened. Seems like this guy should hang out with Kizla. What. A. Dooche. He is really trying to drive this. I kinda want to troll him on twitter. He did say that no one cares about CU? Yet, he won't stop talking about CU.

That's nonsense - coaches don't leave winning programs for lateral moves within the conference. And frankly - we're talking about a pattern that has developed over two decades.

In other words, I will not get off the ledge and you can't make me! ;) Seriously though - this team is 117-141 since Coach Mac left 20 years ago. I'm tired of the positive spin. We are what we are, which is a magnet for losing and heart ache. I still very much appreciate what MM has been able to accomplish and last season was fun - I'm just saying, that's as good as it gets around here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Chavis_(American_football)

That's nonsense - coaches don't leave winning programs for lateral moves within the conference.

I think there's a hidden piece here that no one's talking about. JL is as hot as he is ever going to be. By all accounts though, he wasn't considered for any HC jobs. Obviously the toxicity from USF hasn't gone away, and at this point in his life, he's got to be figuring it never will.

So this probably his only chance at getting that final huge payday. As much as it sucks, I can't say I blame the guy for going for the money. We can all say "it shouldn't be about the money", but come on - he was just guaranteed $6 million. Who would just pass that up?

But to directly address your point - this is a very, very singular situation. Just because Uncle Phil threw a ****-ton of money to a 60-something coach who is probably looking at it as his last chance at a payday doesn't mean that Chev is going to go to Cal or MM is going to go to ASU. The extenuating circumstances are pretty big here.

Also - I'm wracking my brain here, and the only other example I could think of that's similar is Skippy (which wasn't in conference). There were also extenuating circumstances there - we had just decided to make it hard as hell to get certain kids into school, and Skippy was aware that the NCAA was on to certain shenanigans.

We should have seen this coming. Does this look like the office of someone planning on putting down roots or someone ready to move at a moment's notice?
CynGgRSWgAAMBfb.jpg

We should have seen this coming. Does this look like the office of someone planning on putting down roots or someone ready to move at a moment's notice?
CynGgRSWgAAMBfb.jpg

i caught that as well when it was posted a week or so ago....looks like my office just b4 i was walked to the door for the final time

Ok - so when it does happen then it's because they're going to greener pastures. It still reflects poorly on us.

This is impossible to spin positively or minimize. It's devastating - not solely because Leavitt had such a profound impact on the defense - but because of the deeper symbolism. This is who we are and this is what this program is about. But at least it prepares us for MM's inevitable departure should we string together another winning season.

Ok - so when it does happen then it's because they're going to greener pastures. It still reflects poorly on us.

This is impossible to spin positively or minimize. It's devastating - not solely because Leavitt had such a profound impact on the defense - but because of the deeper symbolism. This is who we are and this is what this program is about. But at least it prepares us for MM's inevitable departure should we string together another winning season.

Uh... going from LSU to Texas A&M is not "greener pastures."

Uh... going from LSU to Texas A&M is not "greener pastures."

Well Chavis has a job and Miles is gone - so he must have seen the writing on the wall is my point. Maybe this was all about money and family - or maybe it goes deeper than that for Leavitt. Who knows - but it's objectively a negative development for us, obviously.

We shouldn't sign 5 * recruits because they'll eventually leave us for the NFL.

We shouldn't sign 5 * recruits because they'll eventually leave us for the NFL.
I'm feeling pretty nihilistic today, so this actually resonates with me. All things CU football inevitably lead to disappointment, so why bother? Let's bring in some nice Colorado boys with a twinkle in their eyes. #HawkBall

Leavitt has a young wife and young kids. He's also in his 60's. Fixing Oregon will be better for his resume than spending another year here. I have no problem with him taking a lateral move at a huge raise. And nobody was caught off guard by him interviewing.

Seriously though - this team is 117-141 since Coach Mac left 20 years ago. I'm tired of the positive spin. We are what we are, which is a magnet for losing and heart ache. I still very much appreciate what MM has been able to accomplish and last season was fun - I'm just saying, that's as good as it gets around here.

Take out the Hawk/Embree years and it's 92-80..... Not world beaters, but certainly not the unmitigated **** show that you're trying to represent it as.

2016 was a very average year compared to the results from '89-'96, that is as good as it gets around here.

I'm ok with this. Love JL but change happens. JL wasn't to be a head coach again. Here, the D was losing a lot of great players and wasn't going to be as strong next year. That could hurt his bid to be a head coach.

Here, he had a COTY as the head coach who is also a top D coach, so that makes people question if it was all MM or JL. That can hinder his chances as a HC.

There, they are bad, so if he turns them around then it enhances his chances of more recognition and getting more looks at a HC position.

There, he gets to triple his pay. Well, if it is getting you to where you want to be, and you triple your salary...that doesn't suck. Hoke was a terrible hire. JL knows he can do better. That'll help his chance to be a HC sooner rather than later.

Finally, there's Bill Snyder. I've always felt JL was working to position himself as the next head coach of KSU. Bill won't live forever, and if Snyders son was a slam dunk hire Bill would be gone already. Plus KSU has proven they will let a great coach work until he dies.

I don't see this as a negative at all. Seems a logical progression when you have a good team that great coaches get poched. MM found him, MM has shown he can effectively replace coaches. So I'm good. I'm much more worried if we also lose Tumpkin and Clark. Gotta have great recruiters. JL wasn't lead on the best recruits. Might be a great closer though. We will see.

Now if we lose DMFC, now I'm worried big time. But JL feels like it's an expected move that happens to good teams.

I'd be on board with Rocky Seto. I think Tumpkin is likely too as it felt he took a step back to learn from MM and JL to also position himself to move up to DC at a bigger program than where he was at at CMU. I don't want to lose him and Levitt together in the same year.

Will be curious as to if Jeffcoat stays. Add two better recruiters on the D; that would be a great thing in the offseason. And replace the TE coach...more chances to improve coaching as a whole for MM this year. Will be exciting to see how it turns out.

Back