What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

lots of upsetness for a guy that got a huge payday to leave. Can't fault him and I wish him luck until we play them. Then he can eat a bag of dicks like every other coach we face in a given week.

This is what happens when you win 10 games. Coaches get poached, recruits get poached. The problem is it has been so long since CU won games people forgot. Big boy programs lose coaches every year to other schools.

And as far as money...if KSU or the right team offered JL a head coaching job next week for 1 million a year, I think he would take it. I think Oregons money is nice but not the biggest reason he took the job. Just my gut feeling.

Take out the Hawk/Embree years and it's 92-80..... Not world beaters, but certainly not the unmitigated **** show that you're trying to represent it as.

2016 was a very average year compared to the results from '89-'96, that is as good as it gets around here.

I dont know bro. I sat thru a lot of games with Hawkins and Embree that I "cant take out" as much as Id like to.

Take out the Hawk/Embree years and it's 92-80..... Not world beaters, but certainly not the unmitigated **** show that you're trying to represent it as.

2016 was a very average year compared to the results from '89-'96, that is as good as it gets around here.

Yeah, take out all of the losing and we have a winning record! Brilliant! ...Talk about missing the point entirely.

Listen - I passionately love the CU Buffs. I've just had my heart broken so many times over the last 20 years that I can't help but be anything but critical and skeptical. It is so typical to finally have a successful year and then simultaneously be disappointed about getting crushed in the conference championship and planning to replace our best assistant coach who is leaving for a competitor. I'm just saying that even when the sun shines on us it's short lived. It's not easy being a Buffs fan.

In other news... Photos surface of Leavitts car being packed for Eugene.
15961_10151172133676872_501264343_n.png.jpg

Clay Travis is an SEC shill who thinks it's the end all, be all of college football. Kind of sucks that went down the way it did, as I do typically like his stuff. I don't think the question was bad at all. However, once a guest says "no comment" or dodges it in any way, as a professional radio show host, he needs to just move on. It's clear MM and the rest of the staff are pretty upset about how the Leavitt situation was handled and they're a little testy right now.

What in the hell was MM doing on that show with Travis?!?!?! If he wants to send a message or use leverage, go on with Championship Drive, call Bruce Feldman, Pete Thamel, anybody but Clay Travis. Travis notwithstanding, MM handled it poorly.

Hey Dave, why did you let him on that show? Why wasn't he prepped for such questioning?

What in the hell was MM doing on that show with Travis?!?!?! If he wants to send a message or use leverage, go on with Championship Drive, call Bruce Feldman, Pete Thamel, anybody but Clay Travis. Travis notwithstanding, MM handled it poorly.

Hey Dave, why did you let him on that show? Why wasn't he prepped for such questioning?
to some on here, when Plati takes a ****, it does not, in fact, stink.

Good grief. Contrast this with the way McElwain handled Collins leaving Florida. I know Collins got a HC position but jeez, not a good day for CU PR department. And absolutely no statement about the future. Oy.

Can you provide what McElwain said?
I have no issues with MacIntyres statement

We should have seen this coming. Does this look like the office of someone planning on putting down roots or someone ready to move at a moment's notice?
CynGgRSWgAAMBfb.jpg
Curious, are those files CU property? Like many businesses, you can't take information with you when you leave. How does this work in coaching?

Thanks SYKO. Bad look on the hill today. You can't dispute it.

What did you want MM to say, I can't believe he left us and I will never have a defense like this again?

He thanked him and moved on, JL didn't exactly leave with a great goodbye.

You're in the minority on this, can't dispute that.

Others here have called it terse, cold. Maybe I'm not in the minority.

I would have preferred leader-bound statement that looked to the future with a solution (like McElwain).

I hope CU announces someone soon. And that this does not drag out like last time.

This did not come as a surprise to CU. They knew exactly what JL was doing. Hope they had their list ready.

I would hire Tumpkin. If he doesn't get it, then CU loses two coaches in my opinion.

So, yeah, it's disputable how CU has handled this.

the last 48 hrs looks much different if we ****ing hire a PR guy as of like 11 years ago....I guess this belongs in the pet peeves thread

It's a football program not a media outlet, he's not going to come out and list the guys he has in mind Jesus.

The last time it took a while to get the new DC in we got, oh yeah, the best DC we've had since forever.

I'm ok if they take their time.

And yes, I said he was the best we've had in forever, I can still hate him for the way he left.

Back