What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

I did enjoy it - I had a great time this year! But the Leavitt news was like a serious gut punch, especially on the heels of the championship flameout, and then there was radio show debacle yesterday.

And apparently coming on here to express some disappointment (for one freaking day) is too much for you. Get over yourself.

Duff feels its his job to comment on posters character flaws.

Seriously, I wonder what the **** this team has to do to make all of futilitarians here happy. It gets really old to see all of the people who obviously are much happier when the team stinks.
For starters - retain the DC who helped you get over the hump at all costs. That's one thing this team could do. Or is that too negative?

Just so it is clear, Leavitt's buyout is $50,000 per the terms of the contract summary below from the CU Regents Minutes (he could have saved himself $50,000 if he would have waited until after the bowl season):
Areo - can you link me to that set of minutes/review

LOL - I am not even a troll! I'm on your side, I just seem to have pressed everyone's buttons yesterday. I appreciate everyone's hospitality though.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Right - so you are a confirmed asshole. Moving on. I was talking about Leavitt - are we allowed to be disappointed about him leaving or no?
(n)

I like you too.

We are all disappointed. The **** that you threw all over the boards here yesterday was more the work of a miserable spoiled child than a disappointed fan, but you do you. Far be it for me to suggest that maybe you should take a deep breath and get some ****ing perspective. I just get tired of people who feel like they are superior because they are more critical.

I did enjoy it - I had a great time this year! But the Leavitt news was like a serious gut punch, especially on the heels of the championship flameout, and then there was radio show debacle yesterday.

And apparently coming on here to express some disappointment (for one freaking day) is too much for you. Get over yourself.
If the Leavitt news was a serious gut punch, then you had blinders on to the reality of the situation.

Right - so you are a confirmed asshole. Moving on. I was talking about Leavitt - are we allowed to be disappointed about him leaving or no?

So, do you want to suck every year aND keep coaches? Or do you want to be good and it's inevitable that people want what you have and come to take pieces of it?

Very few schools are not stepping stones for coaches and unfortunately CU is not one of them.

Teams are going to come after Chiaverini, MacIntyre, and Tumpkin soon.

Get used to it or move on. It doesn't matter.

No.

The guy did a great job for 2 years for CU, and he got somewhere in the neighborhood of a 300% raise- money which CU does not have right now (check back in 3 years). It sucks that he didn't say anything nice about the admin and coach that took a risk and gave him another chance in CFB on the way out, and that he didn't wait until after the bowl game.

MM's statement was right on target. I would be very curious to see the verbatim statements people critical of his statement would have put together.

Also, you are taking a very narrow view of the historical success of CU's football program with that "since Mac left" record. CU has won a conference title every decade since the '50s (and, for that matter, every decade of the program's existence going back to the 1890's excepting the '50s). MM made the title game this year and gets 3 more cracks at continuing the streak.

For starters - retain the DC who helped you get over the hump at all costs. That's one thing this team could do. Or is that too negative?

It's an opinion. It's a fine opinion. I disagree with you on the value that should be placed on Leavitt within the CU Football organization. I don't think he's worth 5x more than Chev, for example. I also don't think that CU is financially capable of paying coaches at the very top of college football, so I think the question is moot for that reason. And, given a significant increase in the football staff budget (which seems to be coming but wasn't enough to keep Leavitt), I believe there are several moves that can be made that would have a larger impact than retaining Leavitt would have.

Honestly, I look at this as a sign the program is truly on the upswing. Crappy teams don't have their Defensive coordinators poached. Crappy coaches don't get interviewed on radio shows. We will have to get used to this kind of thing happening. The alternative is sucking. I don't want to deal with that again.

Honestly, I look at this as a sign the program is truly on the upswing. Crappy teams don't have their Defensive coordinators poached. Crappy coaches don't get interviewed on radio shows. We will have to get used to this kind of thing happening. The alternative is sucking. I don't want to deal with that again.

Yep, it's a good sign! I was originally in the "WTF!" stage but it's passed. I would have enjoyed keeping leavitt (obviously) but we will just keep on keeping on. I was more displeased though at how he left and how the players found out on twitter, he could have handled the situation a lot more professionally. But he's gone and I don't care anymore, next man up! Let's go buffs!

(n)

I like you too.

We are all disappointed. The **** that you threw all over the boards here yesterday was more the work of a miserable spoiled child than a disappointed fan, but you do you. Far be it for me to suggest that maybe you should take a deep breath and get some ****ing perspective. I just get tired of people who feel like they are superior because they are more critical.

Look, bub, I'd argue that your little clique of regulars here is the side that is projecting moral superiority and hostility towards opposing/negative viewpoints. I have no illusions about being superior - I merely want to vent once in a while and up until yesterday was grateful for this venue to do so.

If the Leavitt news was a serious gut punch, then you had blinders on to the reality of the situation.

There is literally a 30-page thread talking about how he needs to be retained at all costs - so please, don't pretend like I'm the only one who was surprised by the timing of this.

So, do you want to suck every year aND keep coaches? Or do you want to be good and it's inevitable that people want what you have and come to take pieces of it?

Very few schools are not stepping stones for coaches and unfortunately CU is not one of them.

Teams are going to come after Chiaverini, MacIntyre, and Tumpkin soon.

Get used to it or move on. It doesn't matter.

I am used to it and that's really been my point this whole time. The fact that it seems like even when things go well at CU, there is some looming thing that is detracting from this program - that's the part that takes some of the fun out of fandom for me.

No.

The guy did a great job for 2 years for CU, and he got somewhere in the neighborhood of a 300% raise- money which CU does not have right now (check back in 3 years). It sucks that he didn't say anything nice about the admin and coach that took a risk and gave him another chance in CFB on the way out, and that he didn't wait until after the bowl game.

MM's statement was right on target. I would be very curious to see the verbatim statements people critical of his statement would have put together.

Also, you are taking a very narrow view of the historical success of CU's football program with that "since Mac left" record. CU has won a conference title every decade since the '50s (and, for that matter, every decade of the program's existence going back to the 1890's excepting the '50s). MM made the title game this year and gets 3 more cracks at continuing the streak.

The point of me cherry-picking that time period is that I was trying to illustrate how someone who has been a loyalist for the past 2 decades might have a slightly slanted view. I think that it is a more relevant time period than going back multiple decades to point to our winning ways. I'm thrilled with the direction of the program under MM this year - and perhaps because of how excited I was, it feels like this latest round of bad news is what made it harder to stomach for me.

Pro tip: if you want to throw a tantrum once in a while, be prepared to be told you are acting like a child once in a while.

I can handle the heat - but substantively tell me what you disagree with, don't just pull the "guy must be a troll cause he's not effusive with praise." I get tired of the "Ugh, you're too negative" bull**** from the positive-spin crowd here.

There is literally a 30-page thread talking about how he needs to be retained at all costs - so please, don't pretend like I'm the only one who was surprised by the timing of this.
There's a difference between badly wanting CU to keep him around and being oblivious to the idea that he was going to get offers elsewhere as either DC or HC. Hell, when DJ Durkin left Michigan for Maryland last year, there were people worried that Harbaugh would poach Leavitt then. It might have been surprising that he jumped for a lateral move, instead of a HC opp, but far less surprising when it was reported that Oregon gave him $1.2m/year. CU can't offer that kind of scratch to an asst coach.

I can handle the heat - but substantively tell me what you disagree with, don't just pull the "guy must be a troll cause he's not effusive with praise." I get tired of the "Ugh, you're too negative" bull**** from the positive-spin crowd here.
The "positive-spin crowd here"... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Look, bub, I'd argue that your little clique of regulars here is the side that is projecting moral superiority and hostility towards opposing/negative viewpoints. I have no illusions about being superior - I merely want to vent once in a while and up until yesterday was grateful for this venue to do so.

I am used to it and that's really been my point this whole time. The fact that it seems like even when things go well at CU, there is some looming thing that is detracting from this program - that's the part that takes some of the fun out of fandom for me.

The point of me cherry-picking that time period is that I was trying to illustrate how someone who has been a loyalist for the past 2 decades might have a slightly slanted view. I think that it is a more relevant time period than going back multiple decades to point to our winning ways. I'm thrilled with the direction of the program under MM this year - and perhaps because of how excited I was, it feels like this latest round of bad news is what made it harder to stomach for me.

Go read about the two stud defensive lineman we signed after Leavitt resigned. That good news should balance things out for you...

Back