What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookin ahead to 2021-22

This seems strange. Anyone know why they are transferring not playing another year here?

Have zero info.

Possible explanation is seeking a grad degree or new experience that fits better than staying in Boulder.

Entering the portal is pretty non-committal as I understand it. Could just be getting options on the table.

I could see them looking to go to George Mason with Kim and Nate.

Also possiblity of Horne coming back? I know he struggled to end the year, but I'd take that for sure:

From a quick glance it seems like George Mason wasn't half bad, and is bringing back some of their key contributors.

They could be good in a hurry if Schwartz and Walton did do that.

This seems strange. Anyone know why they are transferring not playing another year here?

Tad completed post-season interviews last week, according to a recent interview. I think the writing was on the wall that there wouldn't be scholarships for them next season.

Think both could be real nice players at George Mason. Obviously, they'd both play significant minutes for us next year if they came back to CU, but if you're Tad, you don't take them back. They'd take minutes and development from other guys who need to see the court.

Should be a good move for all parties. If they’re as good as their rankings suggest, I want Lovering and Q Allen taking the minutes of Schwartz and Walton anyway. Along with Jabari of course. Dream scenario if we can pull that Tyty or whatever guy somehow for PG. High hopes for next season, despite losing Kin.

Would love for Horne to return + get a grad PG transfer (as has been stated a million times here)

I really hope that Tad can work some magic on getting Jabari to play defense smarter, but fully expecting him and EB to have serious struggles with foul trouble next year

Given the run the Pac-12 is on in the tourney, the new generation of Buffs are going to have to bust their rears this summer. It's a good thing we have Battey back for at least one more season.

Would love for Horne to return + get a grad PG transfer (as has been stated a million times here)

I really hope that Tad can work some magic on getting Jabari to play defense smarter, but fully expecting him and EB to have serious struggles with foul trouble next year
Couldn't we still add 2 scholarship players even if Horne came back given the 2020-21 Covid rule that gives everyone an extra year?

Horne coming back would be nice. When he is on, he is a force. Unfortunately, he was a no-show in the NCAA tourney.

Walton and Schwartz leaving would bum me out. But mainly just because I like those guys. I suspect as other have mentioned, Tad has a plan, and perhaps Walton and Schwartz do not fit, or maybe he likes the new talent better. Who knows?

What ever happens, I wish Schwartz and Walton the best, they were great Buffs.

Couldn't we still add 2 scholarship players even if Horne came back given the 2020-21 Covid rule that gives everyone an extra year?
Not as I understand it. The scholarship limits for programs didn't change. The years of eligibility for individual players just didn't count for those individuals this year.

You know Tad watches Houston and it gives him goosebumps.

And if anyone questions this, a few numbers:

* 8th most efficient defense in the nation (8th in offense too but he cares less about that)
* #1 in defensive eFG%
* 40th in nation in offensive turnover rate
* #2 in offensive rebound rate
* 332nd in FTA/FG on D (translation: opponents don’t go to the line)
* 5th in nation in opponents 2 pt FG%
* 11th in nation in opponents 3pt%
* 5th in nation in opponents FT% (ok, this one is for @Ruckus

And they only play 7% of their minutes in the first half with someone playing with 2+ fouls

wolf of wall street omg GIF

Bigs do usually take longer to develop.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Lovering is eased in with Evan & Walker making it so we start 2 PFs and we roll without a center outside of the 15 minutes a game Lovering gives us.

And that's just fine. If he starts early or plays 20+ minutes a night, then to me it means he's an absolute stud.
Bigs need to work on footwork. The best I've seen in my lifetime at that was Olajuwon, I remember him kicking the **** out of David Robinson in, I think, the Western Conference Finals in 1994? You're a bit older than me, so maybe you've seen better, I never have and yes I know he played soccer. Thing is, no don't compare yourself to one of the greats, it doesn't hurt to try to improve your ability though.

Solid article by Rooney. Tad decided to not mortgage the future in hopes of another big run next season. I remember that season where Xavier Johnson & Ben Gordon underperformed and the Buffs had a disappointing season so I think that memory also played a factor in Tad telling Schwartz & Walton that there were no roles for them next season. At the same time, we got more out of players when they were younger.

In before the Fire Tad crowd chimes in.

Roster is so out of class balance now that I'm hoping we can complete the class with transfers unless a HS recruit is a Top 50 type guy.
That said, I could get behind a PG who fits what I posted plus a guy like Mbaye who has developmental talent and could redshirt. I don't think we've got the minutes available for 2 more guys.

In an article published today in the DC, Tad states he is looking for a guard with experience for next season. After that he isn't looking for a particular type of player and may or may not use that scholarship.

Next year there will be Eli and Evan scheduled to come off of scholarship, and no one else, right?

And zero in the rising Sophomore class, so zero schollies to use for pre 2023 recruiting cycle?

Bigs need to work on footwork. The best I've seen in my lifetime at that was Olajuwon, I remember him kicking the **** out of David Robinson in, I think, the Western Conference Finals in 1994? You're a bit older than me, so maybe you've seen better, I never have and yes I know he played soccer. Thing is, no don't compare yourself to one of the greats, it doesn't hurt to try to improve your ability though.
Olajuwon was incredible. I remember seeing him at Hofheinz when he first got here from Nigeria. Tall, skinny and shoulders about as wide as a soccer ball. A year in the UH weightroom and he was a beast. Tremendous talent.

Back