What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Happy for DWhite. Hell, he's earned it. A lot of drama around this today, though. Hope he doesn't listen to the noise, from his own fvcking teammate no less.

Happy for DWhite. Hell, he's earned it. A lot of drama around this today, though. Hope he doesn't listen to the noise, from his own fvcking teammate no less.
It does appear that Brown was frozen out and that there's probably some truth to this being because he's not a Nike guy & the rest of the team is. Probably what also hurt his All-NBA votes. Players are much more loyal to their shoe company than their team.

It does appear that Brown was frozen out and that there's probably some truth to this being because he's not a Nike guy & the rest of the team is. Probably what also hurt his All-NBA votes. Players are much more loyal to their shoe company than their team.
Heard about that too, maybe that has something to do with it, Idk? I just think DWhite has zero to apologize for.

I think it's more that Nike is the largest sponsor of the USA basketball program and JB has spoken out directly against them.

KJ and the Hornets on tonight, 5 eastern.

The fairbanks years were the worst for fans. The players kept a great spirit though. 2 of them, the Cone Brothers, helped a lot. I stumbled on this - sounds like a bad ending. I think the brother, Marty, is still CU's all-time tackling leader.

He might end up being one of those guys that ends up a better pro than college player. It does happen from time to time.
He’s playing great, and really looking like his game is a great fit for the NBA. Crazy to think that Cody is what three-four years younger than TDS?! Imagine Cody in a few years.

Love that he is not a Laker.

Dallas is an interesting fit but with Luka and Kyrie there his role will be limited. Those are guys who play big minutes and tend to dominate the ball when on the floor.

Was going to say that both are durable as well but going and looking at the stats Kyrie was very durable earlier in his career but as age is getting up on him (32yo) he has missed more games, that might be Spencers opening for significant minutes.

Love that he is not a Laker.

Dallas is an interesting fit but with Luka and Kyrie there his role will be limited. Those are guys who play big minutes and tend to dominate the ball when on the floor.

Was going to say that both are durable as well but going and looking at the stats Kyrie was very durable earlier in his career but as age is getting up on him (32yo) he has missed more games, that might be Spencers opening for significant minutes.
Both guys who Spencer has played with. That makes this an easy fit for them to gel and Spencer to easily slot into an effective role which complements their games.

Both guys who Spencer has played with. That makes this an easy fit for them to gel and Spencer to easily slot into an effective role which complements their games.
Good points.

Also last season Luka played 70 games plus the playoffs and averaged over 37 minutes a game. Similar to the concerns we have heard in Denver they have to be concerned about the wear and tear on him. Spencer might be a part of getting Luka more rest.

BTW: Kyrie played over 34 minutes a game in his 58 so similar concerns could apply.

Bummed TDS didn’t make 1st or 2nd team for the All Summer League Teams. I know it doesn’t mean anything but I love the recognition.

BTW, Tristan gave props to the CU program for preparing him for the NBA. He said that a lot of what he is doing in the pros are things he did under Tad at CU.

Nathaniel Morrero - SI.com
“da Silva credited his ability to thrive quickly to his collegiate experience at Colorado, where he was a three-year starter, and to the support he has received from the Magic organization since being drafted in late June.

"They make it really easy for me," da Silva said. "They welcomed me with open arms since day one, so great people, great organization, easy to be around and easy to connect with. From a basketball standpoint, I feel like a lot of the stuff that we did in college is also applicable to the NBA level from a concept standpoint. I feel really comfortable out there."

I think we’re seeing the same thing with Cody and K.J.

Last edited:
Back