What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

And carry on about it. Regardless you never complain about points on the board.
I agree.

Yes.

The smartest thing if you're going to bring it out is to slide down at some point so the offense can run out the clock. MM is technically correct. But to expect that level of situational awareness from a player this age who hasn't been a regular starter is over the top. It's great that he is manic about playing correct situational football and I get that it has been a huge struggle with this team, but that's a case where he's got to pull the stick out of his butt, enjoy the touchdown, and just use it for a teaching moment in film session on Monday.

Florida's got to make another run at Dan Mullen, right? They haven't had a good offense since he left.

I agree.

Yes.

The smartest thing if you're going to bring it out is to slide down at some point so the offense can run out the clock. MM is technically correct. But to expect that level of situational awareness from a player this age who hasn't been a regular starter is over the top. It's great that he is manic about playing correct situational football and I get that it has been a huge struggle with this team, but that's a case where he's got to pull the stick out of his butt, enjoy the touchdown, and just use it for a teaching moment in film session on Monday.

Well put-If Fisher screws that up, those comments are fine from his head coach.....given the result of that play-who cares?

Looks like kNU is going to escape at Purdue but Food Cart just lost to Kentucky. Vols fans are going to be very unhappy tonight.

If Oregon State doesn't hire Cory Hall, fire DJ and get that man on the sideline coaching the D.

I would also be good with SMU hiring Cory Hall as HC, as there is too much talk out there of Chad Morris getting snatched away.

I know it's unlikely, but if some coach in our booth is gone after this season, would landing Sparkles piss off enough lambs for us?

Florida should go after frost considering their offensive inefffciencies the last couple years. I wouldn’t be a big fan if hiring Mullen as a gator fan, he is a good coach but at Florida you are expected to compete for the national title and I don’t thing he is at that level.

Florida should go after frost considering their offensive inefffciencies the last couple years. I wouldn’t be a big fan if hiring Mullen as a gator fan, he is a good coach but at Florida you are expected to compete for the national title and I don’t thing he is at that level.
He could pull considerably better talent at Florida than he can at Miss St. I do agree Frost would be more of a home run hire though.

Mullen has had seasons that were above the ceiling people thought there was at Miss State, which has the fewest resources in the SEC West. To see him having the success this year means it wasn't just riding Dak Prescott to success. He's a great football coach who would be scary with the resources of a place like UF.

Mullen has had seasons that were above the ceiling people thought there was at Miss State, which has the fewest resources in the SEC West. To see him having the success this year means it wasn't just riding Dak Prescott to success. He's a great football coach who would be scary with the resources of a place like UF.
Yeah and like I said he is a good coach, I have always thought that he would over achieve at a mediocre program but under achieve at a top tier program if that makes sense.

Yeah and like I said he is a good coach, I have always thought that he would over achieve at a mediocre program but under achieve at a top tier program if that makes sense.
Why do you think that? My impression is that the guys who do that are the coaches who do a bunch of hokey cheeseball type stuff (Hawkins, Butch, Lane). It's why I am skeptical about Fleck and why I think Leach would be a disaster at a blue blood. I don't see Mullen in that light at all.

The name I am surprised to see as an afterthought is Frank Wilson. Would think SEC schools would be all over him.

I really don't believe Frost would be foolish enough to try to resurrect nebraska when he can probably get any open job. Including just up the road at at Gainesville.
I don't think that Frost particularly likes Nebraska.

Back