What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I stand corrected. But I think they will make a bowl, given the remaining schedule.
I don't think that's the standard, though. Hell, a lot of CU fans are very disgruntled over our season and we're in the same spot as UCLA. Imagine how we'd be if we had a top-rated NFL QB and a roster filled with Top 20 recruiting classes... and if we were coming off a 4-8 season.

I don't think that's the standard, though. Hell, a lot of CU fans are very disgruntled over our season and we're in the same spot as UCLA. Imagine how we'd be if we had a top-rated NFL QB and a roster filled with Top 20 recruiting classes... and if we were coming off a 4-8 season.
Well, maybe. Mora seems to land in **** quite often and come out smelling like roses. Maybe a 6-6 record doesn't save him. Chianti Dan gets paid to make that call. I kind of hope he sticks around, fUCLA will always be beatable with Mora at the helm.

DNU6Qo6WkAAExEN.jpg:large

So I stated last year that Jimbo was NOT an elite coach and got some grief on that one.
Now that he's clearly proven he is not an elite coach, why is his job safe? If I'm FSU, I look at what Iowa State is doing with one half the talent and react quickly.

Actually, it is kind of weird to not see Jimbo on the hot seat lists. They’re getting clobbered this year. Maybe they figure it’s a one time deal and they don’t want to be swimming in the new coach waters just yet.

Actually, it is kind of weird to not see Jimbo on the hot seat lists. They’re getting clobbered this year. Maybe they figure it’s a one time deal and they don’t want to be swimming in the new coach waters just yet.

It's been long enough that the FSU faithful don't know how to be fans of a bad team. Not much fire the coach, fire the coordinators, let's cheat for recruits (well, they already do that so don't include that one,) blame the administration, blame the field/weather/racism/strength coach/old fans/student body, etc.

Enough of them were big fans of Jimbo recently enough that they don't want to look like they are admitting to being wrong yet.

It will come.

So I stated last year that Jimbo was NOT an elite coach and got some grief on that one.
Now that he's clearly proven he is not an elite coach, why is his job safe? If I'm FSU, I look at what Iowa State is doing with one half the talent and react quickly.

You also had Rich Rod's offense as being completely figured out.

Putting aside the overreactions in this post, it would cost about $45-50 million just in buyouts to fire Fisher and hire Campbell.

It's been long enough that the FSU faithful don't know how to be fans of a bad team. Not much fire the coach, fire the coordinators, let's cheat for recruits (well, they already do that so don't include that one,) blame the administration, blame the field/weather/racism/strength coach/old fans/student body, etc.

Enough of them were big fans of Jimbo recently enough that they don't want to look like they are admitting to being wrong yet.

It will come.

I think you just make stuff up sometimes. It is very likely Fisher will have to make long-awaited staff changes after this season. The OL coach and DC have been getting a LOT of heat for a while now.

I think you just make stuff up sometimes. It is very likely Fisher will have to make long-awaited staff changes after this season. The OL coach and DC have been getting a LOT of heat for a while now.

Didn't think I needed to change the font.

Yes there are some very unhappy FSU fans and they have voice their complaints in a variety of areas. Poking fun at some of what I have seen on our board and some other boards.

Didn't think I needed to change the font.

Yes there are some very unhappy FSU fans and they have voice their complaints in a variety of areas. Poking fun at some of what I have seen on our board and some other boards.

Uh... sure.

People are saying Jimbo's on the hot seat?

Unreal.

I can promise you that if any coach ever averages over 11 wins a season for 7 years with every season finishing in the Top 25, a national title, a few conference titles, etc., etc.... I'll be willing to give him a pass for having 1 bad year.

As far as I'm concerned, Jimbo would be very welcome to coach at CU. Although I'm sure he's not up to the standards of some of our fans.

Last edited:

Unreal.

I can promise you that if any coach every averages over 11 wins a season for 7 years with every season finishing in the Top 25, a national title, a few conference titles, etc., etc.... I'll be willing to give him a pass for having 1 bad year.

As far as I'm concerned, Jimbo would be very welcome to coach at CU. Although I'm sure he's not up to the standards of some of our fans.

I am not his biggest fan, but there is a reason no one connected with FSU believes he is or should be on the hot seat.

Yeah, but... they’re awful this year. I agree that, in itself, shouldn’t get a coach fired after having the kind of success he has had. But still, their trajectory seems to be decidedly negative.

I honestly don’t pay attention to other schools fan boards, so it’s hard for me to accurately gauge the temperature of a coach’s seat. I could see how there would be some pretty upset fans in Tallahassee, though.

Yeah, but... they’re awful this year. I agree that, in itself, shouldn’t get a coach fired after having the kind of success he has had. But still, their trajectory seems to be decidedly negative.

I honestly don’t pay attention to other schools fan boards, so it’s hard for me to accurately gauge the temperature of a coach’s seat. I could see how there would be some pretty upset fans in Tallahassee, though.
Their trajectory seems to be decidedly negative because they are having one bad year? Yeesh.

For sure there are upset fans in Tallahassee. And upset players. And upset coaches. This season is horribly beneath the standard they've set.

When you've got a coach who has been this successful, you trust him to fix it. Talk of firing him is ridiculous.

Their trajectory seems to be decidedly negative because they are having one bad year? Yeesh.
Remind me again where they finished in the ACC last year? Fourth? Four years ago they were in the playoff. They will be lucky to make a bowl this year. What’s your definition of a downward trajectory?

For sure there are upset fans in Tallahassee. And upset players. And upset coaches. This season is horribly beneath the standard they've set.

When you've got a coach who has been this successful, you trust him to fix it. Talk of firing him is ridiculous.
I agree. And it’s very difficult to maintain the kind of success they had just a few years ago. Still, another year like this one and he could be in some trouble.

I think the argument to keep him at 6-6 is a hard one to make......he might be at win out or leave right now
I think that no matter what he does he may not survive it if he gets blown out by USC for a third straight year.

I think the argument to keep him at 6-6 is a hard one to make......he might be at win out or leave right now
You may be right. I am just spit balling. If I were fUCLA fan,my impression would be he is underperforming.

Unreal.

I can promise you that if any coach ever averages over 11 wins a season for 7 years with every season finishing in the Top 25, a national title, a few conference titles, etc., etc.... I'll be willing to give him a pass for having 1 bad year.

Even if FSU wanted to part ways, his buyout is a nonstarter. Unless they have some booster who is a multi billionaire who can front 20-30 million, he is going to be there at least a few more years. Unreal what college football is becoming in regards to coaching.

Back