What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

If we're looking for an OC, I still like Bob Stitt. Actually, I like him more now that he's had success at the FCS level at Montana.
QB coach?

Stitt spent a lot of time at D2 with smaller staffs than at the BCS level. Even as a HC he was very involved in working directly with his QBs.

Trying to remember the name of the tall skinny kid he had at Mines who he turned into a pro prospect.

Stitt spent a lot of time at D2 with smaller staffs than at the BCS level. Even as a HC he was very involved in working directly with his QBs.

Trying to remember the name of the tall skinny kid he had at Mines who he turned into a pro prospect.
Frihauf (sp)?

I thought so, but the are 6-4. If Sumlin can win one or both of their remaining games, Sumlin may get a pass. Ole Miss is beatable, and LSU under the screamin' cajun is too. This one will have to play IMO.

They never get old...
JohnnyMontage3_medium.gif

aggie_deliverance.gif

That fits so well. UF knows how to work around a HC who is a genius at college offense and doesn't play the game the same way with recruits and donors. Spurrier did just fine there and he was a guy who wouldn't always be around for an official visit or donor meeting because he had a golf game or NASCAR race he wanted to go to.

That fits so well. UF knows how to work around a HC who is a genius at college offense and doesn't play the game the same way with recruits and donors. Spurrier did just fine there and he was a guy who wouldn't always be around for an official visit or donor meeting because he had a golf game or NASCAR race he wanted to go to.
I bet that Spurrier is behind a Chip Kelly hire 100% and he has substantial weight with Florida admin.

I think Chip would do well there, as long as he had a point man to deal with the boosters, and a crew of recruiting AC's. Word is, he isn't a people person, to put it mildly.

In other news, Tricky Ricky Neuheisel said Mack Brown is a perfect fit at Tenn. Bizarre.

In other news, Tricky Ricky Neuheisel said Mack Brown is a perfect fit at Tenn. Bizarre.
Wonder if that is serious or idle speculation. He'd probably do well there, assuming he still has the desire and rolodex to fill up with quality assistants.

Not sure if Chip still has it. That NFL run was all downhill once the league adjusted. If he's taken the time off to retool, could be great. If he hasn't...

I think Chip would do well there, as long as he had a point man to deal with the boosters, and a crew of recruiting AC's. Word is, he isn't a people person, to put it mildly.

Mack Brown would be great there to right the ship.

Never understood the love affair with Chip Kelly. He is one guy I think really needs the right situation to be successful, and I doubt that is in the SEC.

http://gatorchatter.com/threads/yahoo-sports-vetting-of-chip-kelly-has-begun.17852/

Go to the 41:00 mark. The commentator says Bob Stoops said no. Frost wants to stay at UCF and believes UCF can get in on the B12 expansion. Justin Fuente said no. Would not exclude Lane Kiffin, but Charlie Strong is a back up plan to....drum roll please. Chip Kelly, confirming, by rumor what TSchek posted above.

Supposedly, the vetting and legal contracts are in the works. The SEC has supposedly approved Chip Kelly for the show cause at Oregon.

We'll see.

http://gatorchatter.com/threads/yahoo-sports-vetting-of-chip-kelly-has-begun.17852/

Go to the 41:00 mark. The commentator says Bob Stoops said no. Frost wants to stay at UCF and believes UCF can get in on the B12 expansion. Justin Fuente said no. Would not exclude Lane Kiffin, but Charlie Strong is a back up plan to....drum roll please. Chip Kelly, confirming, by rumor what TSchek posted above.

Supposedly, the vetting and legal contracts are in the works. The SEC has supposedly approved Chip Kelly for the show cause at Oregon.

We'll see.
Really surprised Frost would say no. Maybe he really is waiting for a west coast job to open up.

Really surprised Frost would say no. Maybe he really is waiting for a west coast job to open up.

These guys do not always have accurate data. Frost waiting for UCF to get a Big 12 invite does not seem like a reasonable approach when the Big 12 put a kaboosh on expansion last year. Last year the Big 12 expansion talks got real messy. If Frost wants to move up to P5, now is the time as his stock is really high.

We'll see.
Kelley still has he show-cause? He’s been gone from Oregon for over five years.

The UT job search is supposed to be complete no later than 12/20. Trying to read those tea leaves is near impossible. Jon Gruden has supposedly (just assume supposedly means a totally unfounded rumor) contacted fromer Vol coaches to see if they would join his staff, Mack Brown, Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, Scott Frost, Mike Bobo, basically one third of the CFB HC ranks are named somewhere.

Kelley still has he show-cause? He’s been gone from Oregon for over five years.

The SEC has some weird thing about their schools hiring coaches who have had them in the past I thought I read somewhere..........Which......if true is fascinating given everybody in that league outside of maybe Vandy cheats

The UT job search is supposed to be complete no later than 12/20. Trying to read those tea leaves is near impossible. Jon Gruden has supposedly (just assume supposedly means a totally unfounded rumor) contacted fromer Vol coaches to see if they would join his staff, Mack Brown, Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, Scott Frost, Mike Bobo, basically one third of the CFB HC ranks are named somewhere.

Bobo will not be able to leave Fort Fun if they finish 6-6.

The SEC has some weird thing about their schools hiring coaches who have had them in the past I thought I read somewhere..........Which......if true is fascinating given everybody in that league outside of maybe Vandy cheats
That's the point. He has shown that he will get caught. Having guys who were previously caught is blowing up on the SEC in basketball. It has blown up at peer schools like North Carolina when they made Butch Davis their football coach.

Frost has arguably the best G5 job in the country. He can be picky.

Those living elsewhere view UCF as a directional school, which isn’t really the case. It’s young, but well funded and a highly popular university. Big things are happening in the City of Orlando. It’s metro area will likely be the biggest in Florida in the not too distant future.

Back