What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/11/chip_kelly-to-florida_rumors_s.html
Spurrier shooting down Kelly to Florida rumors.
On the Buddy Martin Radio Show on Wednesday, he said he thinks the Gators will have "an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks." Football Scoop has his comments:
"The coach we're going to hire is probably, I would almost 100 percent say, is coaching his team today, this weekend and through the end of the season, and maybe through a bowl game."​
That contradicts reports about Florida's rumored pursuit of Kelly, which gained traction early this week. There were reports that the Gators were vetting Kelly as a potential candidate.

Truly a case of “rich man” problems. I can see exactly what you are saying. Nebraska used to view itself this way (Solich and Pelini), 10 win coaches that just couldn’t cut it. However, USC has ZERO problem bringing in 5* talent who basically live across the street from campus.

Every single corn fan I talk to still thinks firing these guys was the right move. I’d take a 7-8 year period where CU won 8-10 games a year for a while. This nail biting bowl eligibility crap is getting old.
The Solich years weren't as good as the record would seemingly indicate. Always playing creampuffs in OOC and always at home, coupled with a very weak B12 north, was padding.

They were slipping and the recruiting had fallen off. They, like Colorado, needed to both make top hires and did not.

Nebraska will spend top dollar now and they will have to make a big splash, or take a risk on a rising superstar. Riley is competent but that's not enough in such a backwater place these days.

I know the font. But it wasn't clear what you were being sarcastic about. It seemed like you were saying it's easy to play QB at USC.

It would be hard to argue that the surrounding talent makes it harder. Having multiple future NFL players on your team tends to take some of the pressure off.

I'm sure you do. I've been sitting at Norlin for only about 30 minutes and I already learned that Hagan is a triple-sneezer, he always sneezes 3 times. Also to my surprise, Mac's favorite Kardashian is Kourtney. I'll report back when I have more CU scoop.

What the **** are you babbling about?

Hold the phone....
UT fans are getting pretty hectic.
Word on the street is Jon Gruden is a go...
Some crazy numbers being floated. 6,7,8 or even as high as 10 million a year.

We'll see.

Hold the phone....
UT fans are getting pretty hectic.
Word on the street is Jon Gruden is a go...
Some crazy numbers being floated. 6,7,8 or even as high as 10 million a year.

We'll see.
Rumors that he's reaching out to a bunch of former Vol players to gauge interest in joining a coaching staff. Also saw one rumor on Bartsool's blog about this situation, that Brett Favre would want to come on as QB coach.

Rumors that he's reaching out to a bunch of former Vol players to gauge interest in joining a coaching staff. Also saw one rumor on Bartsool's blog about this situation, that Brett Favre would want to come on as QB coach.
I can only imagine the meltdown on Rocky Top if all this turns out to be BS...

No. It is paying a ****load of money to chase a name.
Yeah, but there’s plenty of names out there. Gruden hasn’t coached in a college game since 1991. He hasn’t coached in an NFL game since 2009. That’s nine seasons away from the game, and 26 years since he was on a college sideline. That’s 26 years from the last time he recruited a player. I get the desire to chase a name. What I don’t understand is why are they chasing his?

Yeah, but there’s plenty of names out there. Gruden hasn’t coached in a college game since 1991. He hasn’t coached in an NFL game since 2009. That’s nine seasons away from the game, and 26 years since he was on a college sideline. That’s 26 years from the last time he recruited a player. I get the desire to chase a name. What I don’t understand is why are they chasing his?

Because he has ties to the school, and his family ties to the school are deep as well.

Back