What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arvada to sell you, Mtn.
Will Standley Lake qualify?

IMG_3478-002.JPG

Vol fans should be commended for what they did.

And Mullen to Florida...good hire...love that QB power play they do well. Will Miss State QB leave for the NFL?

Can you tell me the particulars, jalapeño, of the link between Schiano and Sandusky?

What Tenn fans have done is horrible.

I have no doubt that some of it is because a portion of the fan base expected a "bigger" hire.

There is also no question that for a certain number of people in the state and the fan base this hit a nerve and provoked a response. If it was strictly football related the AD would overcome it.

That it is an issue sufficient to hold up the hire means that the moral reaction is strong enough.

I have no doubt that some of it is because a portion of the fan base expected a "bigger" hire.

There is also no question that for a certain number of people in the state and the fan base this hit a nerve and provoked a response. If it was strictly football related the AD would overcome it.

That it is an issue sufficient to hold up the hire means that the moral reaction is strong enough.
Ok, Mtn.

Can you tell me the particulars, jalapeño, of the link between Schiano and Sandusky?

What Tenn fans have done is horrible.
Mike McQuerey testified that Schiano had witnessed Sandusky abusing a child in the shower. Schiano has denied knowing anything about the abuse.

He was on the staff and was allegedly told about what was happening.
McQueary claimed Schiano witnessed it happening once.

“I can't remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that's it. That's all he ever told me."

Mike McQuerey testified that Schiano had witnessed Sandusky abusing a child in the shower. Schiano has denied knowing anything about the abuse.

He actually testified Bradley told him another coach had witnessed Sandusky assaulting a kid in the showers and inferred it was Schiano. Complete hearsay.

He actually testified Bradley told him another coach had witnessed Sandusky assaulting a kid in the showers and inferred it was Schiano. Complete hearsay.
Yeah I'm just going off a McQuerey quote on Wikipedia that named "Greg":
In his testimony, McQueary claimed "only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

Maybe there's more to it in the omitted sections of that quote.

Was it deposition or trial? Direct evidence or hearsay? What level, if hearsay? Was it prosecuted? What did DA do with it? How many lines devoted to topic in all evidence? Corroborated?

Despicable fan behavior.

Was it deposition or trial? Direct evidence or hearsay? What level, if hearsay? Was it prosecuted? What did DA do with it? How many lines devoted to topic in all evidence? Corroborated?

Despicable fan behavior.
Don't know and don't frankly care. He's not on trial, he's up for a bit prestigious, high-paying job and I assume his potential employers asked him all about it, but fans are fans.

Despicable fan behavior.

It was hearsay in a deposition.

I'm a buff fan, I could care less what happens at Tennessee. We have our own coaching problems.

If you want to be a social injustice warrior, be my guest...
This is a carousel thread. Has nothing to do with Biffs, does it.

I'm glad I don't have your completely cynical view of the world TSchek, Believe it or not there are actually people in the world who have some good in them.
Lol and very few of them are operating in college football. There isn’t a dirtier entity than the NCAA or sport than college football. If you want to believe the fanbase outrage over Schiano is about the alleged PSU stuff, fine, It’s your prerogative. The reality is that they were expecting Jon Gruden, Chip Kelly, Bob Stoops, Scott Frost, or Bobby Petrino to be their next coach. There is no such thing as a moral compass from a college football fanbase.

Back