What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

No, it has nothing to do with BIFFS.
Too bad. Love that guy.

tenor.gif

This same UT fanbase rioted in the streets when Kiffin left them for USC. They are not driven by any moral compass.
Yep. This is a direct reaction to making them think they were going to get Gruden -- with a $10M HC contract plus $8M per year for assistants. That's what they've been hyping to fans. You can't do that and then tell them you're hiring Schiano.

Last edited:
The Jimbo Fisher to Texas A&M tweets have been all over the place in the last couple hours. I "think" this one is an accurate status update:

Fisher will coach the Seminoles' final game. Depending on how FSU steps up, he'll either leave for aTm after that or be retained with a new deal and commitment from FSU.

all i want to see is scott frost end up anywhere besides nebraska
I am trying to figure out which would be a more desirable outcome. Frost signing elsewhere and taking that team to a NC in a few years or him signing with Nebraska, showing slight improvement after a few years only to flounder and ultimately have the program return to its current state.

Is that really why you think the fans have freaked out? I think almost all Vols fans think they can get the top coaches in the world to come there, and Schiano just happened to have a past that provided some unique ammunition for them to freak out about a hire that they didn't think was good enough. Yes, some Vols fans are probably freaking out due to the related moral concerns, but I doubt that percentage is even a very high single digit number.

Truth. It’s always about winning and money.

If the AD was hiring Schiano without properly vetting him, shame on them.

On the other hand if they did vet him and concluded that GS had zero guilt, then shame on them for backing down to the crazies.

This is on the AD for being stupid.

Relevant locally and for our 2018 opener (per FootballScoop):

Colorado State: Defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Marty English plans to retire following their bowl game. English was in his sixth season at CSU, spent the previous nine years at Wyoming, and also had a 16 year stint at Northern Colorado.

There would be no spurn like Frost remaining at UCF, which is what I'd do. I think you can win big there.

I honestly think he can win bigger at UCF than he could at Nebraska. Nebraska is going to have a hard time being better than a .500 team in the B1G.

The only way to get Frost to stay is if you convince him that he can become the Bobby Bowden of UCF and that the university moving to P5 is imminent. That might be enough.

Back