What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Ole Miss taking the interim tag off Matt Luke seems to be the conventional wisdom on that job.

Excuse me, have any of you seen Mr. Beam? Ah, there he is.
You are welcome.

tumblr_mxa1njSTop1qi8tduo1_500.gif

Some speculation that Vanderbilt's Derek Mason (former AHC at Stanford who is from Phoenix and went to Northern Arizona) is in play for the ASU job.

He hasn't had a winning season at Vandy, but I'm not sure that's really going to be held against him. 6-7 last year and 5-7 this year in one of the most difficult jobs in the P5, maybe the most difficult.

Some speculation that Vanderbilt's Derek Mason (former AHC at Stanford who is from Phoenix and went to Northern Arizona) is in play for the ASU job.

He hasn't had a winning season at Vandy, but I'm not sure that's really going to be held against him. 6-7 last year and 5-7 this year in one of the most difficult jobs in the P5, maybe the most difficult.

Just the kind of challenge MM needs?

I think they really like Nashville and Vanderbilt. It would actually be about as good of a fit as there could be for MM. There are reasons it could happen if Mason left (personal connections, get into the SEC, love of Nashville, etc.), but Vandy job is only $2M right now and they don't pay buyouts.

Please let the dominos fall this way. He'd be going home - literally.

I think they really like Nashville and Vanderbilt. It would actually be about as good of a fit as there could be for MM. There are reasons it could happen if Mason left (personal connections, get into the SEC, love of Nashville, etc.), but Vandy job is only $2M right now and they don't pay buyouts.

Pretty sure RG won’t be held up by the buyout.

Yes. A mirror image of the Duke football job. Perfect.

I wouldn't call them an idot fan base. In fact I am pleasantly surprised that they have a strong enough moral compass to put the lives of the victims in front of a coaching hire.

The status of Vols fans has risen in my eyes. Good work. To bad Penn State fans don't get it.

Were talking about trump voters but whatever.

Cutcliffe to Tenn. Manning as OC. MM to Duke.

We probably need to look into buying him out at this point-maybe use this Ole Miss fiasco as leverage against him? Seems like this was more than the standard telling your agent you want another job type of thing.

If MM is Butt Hurt about life at CU 24/7, it would be best for him to hit the road, job or no job. He and RG should negotiate some kind of walking money < the remainder of his contract and get down the road. Readers here
know that I think he got a raw deal on the Tumpkin thing but it's over. The escalating Petulant Child/Hamlet act will become more counterproductive over time. MM and RG are
"Grown Ass Men" in football lingo, and you think there could be a middle ground for a parting of the ways. Right now I'd take Troy Calhoun and his entire staff in a frickin' NY heartbeat.

That's because Tennessee fans weren't really concerned about possible inclusion in the Penn State criminal activities. They were concerned that he sucks as a head coach. And more importantly, he's not Jon Gruden, who they had been promised was coming.
Yes let's not forget Butch was accused of covering up a rape, and then kicked a kid off the team for questioning it. UT fans have no morals.

Another political post in a discussion about football??? Why so intolerant that you cannot hold your tongue and have to bash Trump. **** you.

Because, like in politics, they stick with their dogma to the end and in doing they tear down any and all institutions in the process. There is now, because of this, not a single A list candidate that will even entertain that job. They will not get Gruden either. Hawkins will take their call. Maybe a little north of there. But not much.

Theyve convinced themselves they are right.

That's because Tennessee fans weren't really concerned about possible inclusion in the Penn State criminal activities. They were concerned that he sucks as a head coach. And more importantly, he's not Jon Gruden, who they had been promised was coming.
Yes, so they killed the deal by linking him to Sandusky, inappropriately and without justification or evidence. I hope he sues the crap out of them. They used a false means to justify their end. Sick. Freaking sick.

If MM is Butt Hurt about life at CU 24/7, it would be best for him to hit the road, job or no job. He and RG should negotiate some kind of walking money < the remainder of his contract and get down the road. Readers here
know that I think he got a raw deal on the Tumpkin thing but it's over. The escalating Petulant Child/Hamlet act will become more counterproductive over time. MM and RG are
"Grown Ass Men" in football lingo, and you think there could be a middle ground for a parting of the ways. Right now I'd take Troy Calhoun and his entire staff in a frickin' NY heartbeat.

PAHI always throwing the curveball at the last minute. Calhoun at CU solves none of the current issues we have.

Because, like in politics, they stick with their guy so they can tear down the institutions. There is not a single A list candidate that will now even entertain that job. They will not get Gruden either. Hawkins will take their call. Maybe a little north of there. But not much.

MacIntyre's agent has probably already reached to John Currie. Wait til Clay Travis gets a hold of that scoop.

Back