What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I don't want him to deny it - if I'm interviewing him, I've already decided that I believe him that he didn't have actual knowledge.

But what I'd really want to know is if he deliberately avoided looking into things that would give him actual knowledge. It'd be hard to ascertain that, but I think you could figure out pretty quick by asking him what he thinks went wrong. What do you think went wrong? Did Paterno do anything wrong? Did the other coaches or administrators?

If he tries to place all of the blame on Sandusky, and Sandusky alone, I have a lot of issues with how he'd run a program.

Just like I have a lot of issues with anyone who thinks that the problems at **** Baylor are 100% on the rapists Briles recruited.
OK. So, like any other candidate, you wouldn't hire him if his philosophy on how to run the football organization differed from your philosophy. I assume that every AD has that criteria, including Tennessee's.

Some sobering takes on Twitter by many intelligent people on what this group think/mob mentality is capable of. It requires no evidence, no facts, and no innocent until proven guilty to delivery a verdict, or in this case, ruin a man’s reputation and career. Greg Schiano is being lumped in with Jerry ****ing Sandusky by the college football world right now. He could struggle to ever get a high level coaching job again (or any for that matter). In my opinion, this could have a similar affect on GS as it does on a guy being falsely accused of rape. It doesn’t matter if it actually happened, the accusation alone could ruin your life.

This is America in 2017 - presumption of guilt is de rigueur - and you better be able to make your case in 140 keystrokes or less.

This move is the right decision because some idiot students think that a vague & uncorroborated three line accusation is proof that an excellent coach witnessed horrors many years ago as a young man?

That is insane.

Let me ask you a few questions. I hope you’ll answer them sincerely.

If one person off-handedly accused you of something horrible that you didn’t do and were denied lucrative employment, how would you feel?

How would you feel if theory espoused by your accuser was debunked by law enforcement but a mob of young people thought well enough to protest your hire because of this unfounded accusation?

People can debate if Greg Schiano is a good fit for Tennessee’s football team. I tend to think he’s exactly what that program needs to make it a highly competitive entity in the SEC. But, a man’s reputation has been damaged because one person inferred from the color of the man’s face that he witnessed something horrible. That should not be the basis for ruining someone’s reputation, especially when it is likely wrong.

Those idiot fans are students, who's parents pay tuition, which provides revenue for the university. I think the admin. understands the message and wisely made the right decision.

I for one applaud the UT fan base. One could not ask for a more intelligent, moral group of people. Their well-reasoned, righteous complaints have ensured that they will, at long last, get the coach such a magnificent bunch of fans deserves!

Last edited:
There is plenty of smoke around this guy, and plenty of people who can't stand his style and personality.

There are also things from his Tampa stop would also be worrisome, like leaking private information about players to the press.

I for one would not want him to head my program even if there is nothing to the Sandusky stuff. Sounds like Tenn fan and politicians didn't either.

This move is the right decision because some idiot students think that a vague & uncorroborated three line accusation is proof that an excellent coach witnessed horrors many years ago as a young man?

That is insane.

Let me ask you a few questions. I hope you’ll answer them sincerely.

If one person off-handedly accused you of something horrible that you didn’t do and were denied lucrative employment, how would you feel?

How would you feel if theory espoused by your accuser was debunked by law enforcement but a mob of young people thought well enough to protest your hire because of this unfounded accusation?

People can debate if Greg Schiano is a good fit for Tennessee’s football team. I tend to think he’s exactly what that program needs to make it a highly competitive entity in the SEC. But, a man’s reputation has been damaged because one person inferred from the color of the man’s face that he witnessed something horrible. That should not be the basis for ruining someone’s reputation, especially when it is likely wrong.
Nonsense, this isn’t some shocking revelation. It’s common knowledge he was with Penn State and seemed to have found jobs. TN changed their minds, which is their prerogative.

The most probable explanation for why Schiano didn't see or know anything was because he was a GA for 1 year and a DB Coach for 5, he probably didn't have time to see anything. As a GA he would have been busy all the time and as a coach he would have spent a significant amount of time on the road recruiting. It isn't like he was there for 20 years or so.

Colorado State: Defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Marty English plans to retire following their bowl game. English was in his sixth season at CSU, spent the previous nine years at Wyoming, and also had a 16 year stint at Northern Colorado.

It is not Tennessee’s right to change their mind if the reason is an outcry due to slander. It is well known that he was at Penn State. As far as I can tell, this is the first time he’s been in the job market for a HC job since McQueary gave his remarks. It is also the first time he’s been offered a job publically and the offer rescinded because of this accusation. This has an impact on his reputation. You seem to be okay with this impact.

I suspect from your lack of response that you’d be good with people thinking you’re a horrible person and losing a highly lucrative job because of a false accusation against you. Most of us prefer not to be falsely labelled as horrible people.

Nonsense, this isn’t some shocking revelation. It’s common knowledge he was with Penn State and seemed to have found jobs. TN changed their minds, which is their prerogative.

Last edited:
It is not Tennessee’s right to change their mind if the reason is an outcry due to slander. It is well known that he was at Penn State. As far as I can tell, this is the first time he’s been in the job market for a HC job since McQueary gave his remarks. It is also the first time he’s been offered a job publically and the offer rescinded because of this accusation. This has an impact on his repuatation. You seem to be okay with this impact.

I suspect from your lack of response that you’d be good with people thinking you’re a horrible person and losing a highly lucrative job because of a false accusation against you. Most of us prefer not to be falsely labelled as horrible people.
I already know I’m horrible.

Baldwin still not hired by OSU. They're interviewing Stanford DL coach Lance Anderson today.

Sumlin may no longer be the favorite at ASU

Reasonable conclusion, including DA, says it’s hearsay. But that’s eniouch to get you convicted these days.
What DA looked into charges that CUBUFF80 is horrible?

Because that's what I was responding to...

Unlike other message boards with which you are familiar, we don't actually take every single post seriously and poke fun at each other and ourselves sometimes.

lighten-up-francis-22862786.png

Back