What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
they must have thrown a lot of money at him. LSU is going to have a TON of money to throw at someone.

Odd hire for Baylor imo

He was going to get a chance to be a HC at some point-but you're right Slider-I didn't expect him to get that gig. Baylor's going to get a great OC-especially given Dave Aranda seems like the type to pull a Fangio and call their D himself at least initially.

LSU's OC might be another situation to watch-Could Steve Ensminger retire? He's in his 60s, his family has had a trying few weeks, and he's got a ring now. It might not get any better.

I read Joey McGuire, an AC for bailer, Andersen at Arky St., and Dave Aranda are the short list now for bailer.

We'll see.

Anderson's a guy who is going to move up in the next couple years-he's a name to keep in mind if Vandy (Mason's dead coach walking as it is) or Tennessee opens soon. Good human being (from the stuff I read after his wife passed) who does things the right way.

Then who do you hire if you're their AD? The only guy that comes to mind for me is Gregg Brandon. I'm not hiring somebody who coached previously or played in Greeley-they did that with Earnest Collins, and he lost nearly 3x the number of games he won. They can't go after the 8th-10th guy on a P5 staff because they don't have the money-For example, Michalowski (somebody correct me if I don't have this right) is the lowest paid assistant on the CU staff as far as I know, and he's making $225k or something close to it. That's 35k more than what McCaffrey is making. Could he be the next Todd Dodge (HS legend in Texas who got an opportunity at North Texas and flopped epically)? Sure. Are they any worse than they are now if he does? In my opinion, no.

I'm not going to disagree with you on Hawaii's issues-but I still think you can go to bowls regularly there. I'm also glad we agree on the HC Dude hire on Ft. Collins.
I’m not qualified to say who I would hire. I’m certain there are several D-2 head coaches and several D-1 assistants who would be imminently more qualified.

I’m not qualified to say who I would hire. I’m certain there are several D-2 head coaches and several D-1 assistants who would be imminently more qualified.

You're an allbuffer in the coaching carousel thread-that's what we do here lol. Brandon fits there, but programs like that aren't going to lure FBS assistants unless they've been told to pursue other employment (see Troy Taylor at Sac State after last year). It'll be interesting, and Dave Baldwin as OC is a good start for their staff.

Odd hire for Baylor imo

It's all pretty weird down there, i guess. for no reason really, i was pulling some for Fuente at Va Tech.....but have cooled some on that.....he seems like a guy whose career arc is waning a bit or at least not on an uptick at present moment. Needs to regain Hokie trust.

My uncle coached HS football in TX and OK for 40 years (and in the OK HS Coaching HOF)... and said Fuente was a really good QB that got caught in the John Blake ****e show at OU, no position coaching and Blake ran like 6 different offenses in 4 years or whatever he was there. ended up transferring to McNeese St. i think, put up good numbers, had success but that's mos def "plan B". He felt bad for the kid (back then).

A lot of upside and splashy value to Aranda right now...I guess.....Ruhle talk to the NFL last year i thought was pretty "quick" and then he took BU to the Sugar Bowl and then he did it. Matt Ruhle and George Jefferson......

i really loathe a lot about Baylor in general....from all the angles....but i do sort of like them beating Texas, too.

edit: Fuente transferred to Murray State, not McNeese.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back