What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those don't go work for credit unions
Maybe he had a reason. I’ll never question personal career decisions. I’d take him at CU in a heartbeat. But I guess we file this one, like others, under the “everything Nebraska bad”.

Maybe he had a reason. I’ll never question personal career decisions. I’d take him at CU in a heartbeat. But I guess we file this one, like others, under the “everything ****braska bad”.

He doesn't fit at CU. Not an upgrade over Chev in the slightest.

Resume, background, pedigree, innovation

I’ll let you make the case for Chev.

I am not making a case for Chev to be OC. Chev is a great fit in his current role.

If Lubick was hired today at CU to be OC, I would be pissed. His resume does not scream good to great OC by any stretch.

But enjoy the legend of Matt Lubick as an offensive wunderkind. :ROFLMAO:

I am not making a case for Chev to be OC. Chev is a great fit in his current role.

If Lubick was hired today at CU to be OC, I would be pissed. His resume does not scream good to great OC by any stretch.

That’s fine, you made the comparison.
As with all, time will tell. I do think Frost was smart for making the decision. Probably got him before Helton could.

That's true. USC is a coaching mecca these days.

giphy.gif

Totally agree

I know this is just semantics.

I expect it from NFL fans, but I'm a bit surprised at the number of posters ITT making a distinction between 'coaching' and 'recruiting' in college football.

My perspective is that I very much view recruiting as an element of college coaching, arguably the most important element of the job description, and not as a distinct role.

I expect it from NFL fans, but I'm a bit surprised at the number of posters ITT making a distinction between 'coaching' and 'recruiting' in college football.

My perspective is that I very much view recruiting as an element of college coaching, arguably the most important element of the job description, and not as a distinct role.

In the context of Matt Lubick and Chev in OC roles, recruiting and coaching are certainly distinct roles.

I agree with you if we're talking about position coaches. Recruiting is the majority of the job, so I'm very comfortable saying that it's inseparable. If a position coach isn't a good recruiter, he isn't a good college coach. Period.

With coordinators, we can separate recruiting as a separate job function. Someone can still be a great college DC and position coach without being a great recruiter.

I'm glad you brought this up because it's something I'd like to see change with the way a lot of CU fans look at things. We've had way too many position coaches under GB, DH, JE and MM (we'll find out about MT) who were sold to us as great "coaches on the field" but didn't recruit worth a lick. Screw that noise. We shouldn't buy it or defend it. If a position coach isn't a good recruiter, he can't be a good coach on the college level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back