What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, if he says this is his dream job, I'll actually believe him.

Job hopper jokes aside-I think thats a great move for both him and Hawaii, and I actually think he's a fairly good guy. He could have run it up on us a few times when we weren't real competitive. Good to see him get back in it.

Job hopper jokes aside-I think thats a great move for both him and Hawaii, and I actually think he's a fairly good guy. He could have run it up on us a few times when we weren't real competitive. Good to see him get back in it.
Meh. I think he got caught spying on our practices. He's also the guy who left Pitt without even saying goodbye to his players. He's got a colorful personality, but I think he's a self-promoting dick. Pretty good coach, though.

Meh. I think he got caught spying on our practices. He's also the guy who left Pitt without even saying goodbye to his players. He's got a colorful personality, but I think he's a self-promoting dick. Pretty good coach, though.
Until teams figure out that he’s stealing their offensive signals, then his defenses‘ suck.

If Pelini goes back to LSU. I hope they put the sputtering Nubs on their OOC schedule. The ****ers need to pay for those facility upgrades somehow...
Watching Pelini's Nubs lose 70-10 to Mike Leach at TTU erased any thoughts I had of Pelini being a great defensive mind. Huskers had 8 guys on that D play in the NFL. (Barrett Ruud, Fabian Washington, Josh Bullocks, Daniel Bullocks, Jay Moore, Le Kevin Smith, Adam Carriker and Stewart Bradley ).

Yes, I watched every point scored with a big grin on my face.

Coach Oregeron needs A+ coordinators. Aranda was one. Coach O is a great motivator and recruiter and can be very successful (yeah, duh) with the right coordinators in place. Coach O doesn't seem like the analytical type like a Nick Saban. That skill is important (I think) when it comes to selecting coordinators. Did Ed get lucky when he hired Joe Brady? Can he repeat going forward, or will he make a bad mistake?

It's really the criticism I had for years with Les Miles. The offense underperformed expectations (which should be very high at LSU) for a very long time, coordinator after coordinator. If Les could hire an OC, he'd still be there.

That’s a good hire. He’s not an OC. Give him time to recruit in SE. He’s good at that.

As a TE coach/RC (I'm assuming given his reputation as a recruiter Jimbo would give him those responsibilities), I think he's worth every penny A&M is going to give him. As far as Coley the play caller, let me say this: I think he was a decent OC at Miami (his offenses at Miami were 37th, 44th, and 48th in CFB in total offense in 13, 14, and 15 respectively. For comparison, we finished 83rd this past year under OCJJ. Did those Miami teams have more talent than 2019 CU? Not sure about the skill positions, but I'd say definitely up front), and I think he'd have done fine here had he taken our OC position under Mel last year. I do agree with you on this-I would not hire him as a playcaller if I were an HC at a program with legit 2020-21 CFP aspirations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back